• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jamaica-Puerto Seco Beach Excursion?

kaysmommie

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I’m looking for reviews and advice for a beach day on our Falmouth, Jamaica port day. I saw that Disney offers Puerto Seco Beach as an excursion. I can’t seem to find reviews or much information on this. Has anyone been there?

Also, if you have done a resort day in Jamaica, please post your suggestions. We have already been to Dunn’s River Falls. I have a daughter with a dance injury or we would be doing something more active.

Thanks in advance.

Nichole

We spent the day at Hilton Rose Hall and liked it very much. We were there in 2013. Our family enjoyed the water slide area but I REALLY enjoyed their large main pool,and we likesd the jerk chicken and other food. I was not very impressed with their beach but we have been to Hawaii many times and much prefer Hawaii beaches.

Was our day there the best day ever? No, but we really enjoyed it, and I would probably go back.

I haven't done a cruise to Jamaica yet (at this point scheduled for it in Feb 2020), but I have to say I'm happy to see that they are offering more excursions that don't include a waterfall. It seems like the vast majority include climbing a waterfall. I've climbed plenty of those - no, not in Jamaica, but I can't imagine it's THAT much prettier than ones I've climbed elsewhere. (The pictures honestly make me think of Sliding Rock in NC. Yawn.) So anything that doesn't include that is a plus for me.

(Ditto finding something in Grand Cayman that doesn't include sting rays. I have ZERO desire to be in the water with that many of those things flapping around.)

Thanks everyone! Good suggestions. I think we may just book a day pass to one of the resorts. That will be our best option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter