Jaleo Help. Pre-planning.

Maggie The Cat

Mouseketeer
I am deep in planning mode today.

There are 2 of us and my husband thinks this will be too much food. I said it's tapas, is there ever too much?
This is what we've picked. Anything you would leave off, replace or don't miss? I'll tell you we don't want the salads and the shrimp (not head on) is about as far as he will go with seafood.
Too much for two people? We don't have to finish everything, this is our "splurge" dinner.

Pan de cristal con tomate (tomato bread)
24-month cured Serrano ham
Seared piquillo peppers filled with goat cheese
Chicken Fritters
Patatas Bravas
Pressed sandwich with ham and manchego
Shrimp sautéed with garlic
Grilled pork-sausage with sautéed white beans (I LOVE white beans)
I'm thinking about the olive dish too, sounds interesting and I love olives.

Definitely cocktails, but doubt dessert.

I thought I counted nine if you included the olive item. Seven will definitely leave you feeling very full, but not overstuffed.

FWIW, the stuffed pepper and the tomato bread are fantastic

You're right, I have 8 not counting olive dish.

Which one of those would you take out maybe? To get down to 7. 😄
Maybe the ham and the sandwich? We eat prosciutto all the time, it's kind of similar. Keep the olives, that would be 7.
Or maybe remove ham and the shrimp but keep the sandwich so we get a bit of ham and cheese, and still the olives. :)

I would actually recommend getting the paella plus a few of the tapas. Definitely get the patatas bravas and the shrimp. I would probably also do the peppers and the sausage with white beans. Full disclosure. I have not been to the Disney location but used to go to the dc one all the time and those potatoes and those shrimp are amazing.

Oh yeah, way too much. We had about that much for four people (plus sangria of course).

It's hard, because I want to try all of it.

I think we'll leave off the sandwich and the ham and possibly shrimp. But add the olives. That's 6.
Keep the shrimp and that's 7. 😂

DH & I would probably choose four & not eat it all, but I like the way you think. If you go in knowing you won't eat everything & price isn't a consideration, I think you should go for it. Order everything you want to try. Just make sure you don't eat all of the first dishes you're served & not have room to try the others.

DH & I would probably choose four & not eat it all, but I like the way you think. If you go in knowing you won't eat everything & price isn't a consideration, I think you should go for it. Order everything you want to try. Just make sure you don't eat all of the first dishes you're served & not have room to try the others.

Yes I think we will just order the 6 (or seven if we get shrimp). We can share/taste everything, but not finish if we don't want to.

What we don't finish of the tomato bread I plan to bring back to the room to snack on!
And the potatoes and olives are kind of like side dishes anyways. ;)

When I go, it will either be myself or my nephew and his GF. If it’s myself, I know I’ll order more than 3 dishes, lol

Pan con Tomate (since I had it at Toledo in November, I’m addicted)

*Seared piquillo peppers - a maybe. I’m not a big fan of goat cheese, but I love piquillo peppers

Tortilla - hard not to get at a tapas restaurant

Patatas bravas - potatoes are my life

*Chicken fritters - I’ve had and loved them at tapas places, but it depends on how much else I’ve ordered

Maybe one of the pressed sandwiches - I love Manchego cheese

*Shrimp and garlic sauce - to me, THE test of how good a place is. I LOVE this dish - I could drink the sauce

About the desserts - that rice dessert looks delicious in the photo I saw of it; is it as good as it looks?

I went last night and got 4 dishes between 2 people:
piquillo peppers filled with goat cheese
Spinach w/ apples and raisins
Cauliflower with olives and dates
garlic shrimp

Probably could have had one more dish. Peppers with goat cheese were the star last night. Definitely keep those on the list. Its really small. Shrimp with garlic always a good bet. Pavas Bratas and chicken croquettas always good. The olive is a fun addition.

Looking at your list I would not do the pressed ham and cheese sandwich or the grilled pork sausage with white beans. You have the tomato bread for bread-y things and the sausage with white beans is nothing exceptional.

I really recommend adding the spinach with apples and raisins, spanish tortilla, or the apple and fennel salad.

I went last night and got 4 dishes between 2 people:
piquillo peppers filled with goat cheese
Spinach w/ apples and raisins
Cauliflower with olives and dates
garlic shrimp

Probably could have had one more dish. Peppers with goat cheese were the star last night. Definitely keep those on the list. Its really small. Shrimp with garlic always a good bet. Pavas Bratas and chicken croquettas always good. The olive is a fun addition.

Looking at your list I would not do the pressed ham and cheese sandwich or the grilled pork sausage with white beans. You have the tomato bread for bread-y things and the sausage with white beans is nothing exceptional.

I really recommend adding the spinach with apples and raisins, spanish tortilla, or the apple and fennel salad.

is the goat cheese in the peppers sharp or relatively mild?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter