I've only ever stayed in Disney Resorts...

Once.Upon.A.Time

DIS Veteran
Hi all. I've only ever stayed in Disney Resorts. I've stayed in CSR and CBR. Loved both, but my favorite so far was CSR. Do you think I would be disappointed staying in ASM? We are a couple in our 20s and 30s with no kids. Should I look at Disney Springs? Do you save that much money staying in offsite? We use Disney transportation. This would be Christmas break. Thank you.

Hi all. I've only ever stayed in Disney Resorts. I've stayed in CSR and CBR. Loved both, but my favorite so far was CSR. Do you think I would be disappointed staying in ASM? We are a couple in our 20s and 30s with no kids. Should I look at Disney Springs? Do you save that much money staying in offsite? We use Disney transportation. This would be Christmas break. Thank you.
ASM = Movies or Music? I’m not a fan of either but ASMo is higher on my list than ASMu

Any other time of the year, I would say stay at a DS resort instead of the Value Resort but Christmas Break is another story. Stay onsite and hope for quiet neighbors.

If it's All Star Movies I wouldn't be concerned since most of their rooms have recently been renovated so they look really nice now! I'd want to stay there if I had a value stay, well there or POP.

NO WAY would I stay off property over Christmas. As you see in my signature, I have multiple stays at all levels and I'm just back from Music, my favorite of the values! At ANY value, request top floor landscape view for the quietest option.

I don't think you'll be disappointed - there are lots of fun photo ops around the resort. If you are just looking for a place to sleep and grab a quick meal when needed, then Values are a great option.

For us, the only reason we don't stay at Value resorts more often is that there is no indoor bar at any of the value resorts. We like to end our day with a cocktail at the resort bar before heading up to bed. Value's have a bar, it's just by the pool. And depending on weather....

We just stayed at Movies for the first time earlier this month. It was our first value resort stay actually, usually we do deluxe club level. We are 2 adults in our 60s. This was just a quick trip for the AP previews at GE, so short notice & our 4th trip of the year. So we decided to economize & try a value resort.

They are finishing a remodel of the rooms & now have queen beds instead of doubles. The second bed is a Murphy bed, so with only the 2 of us in the room, it didn’t seem crowded. We had a preferred room in the Toy Story section. We heard very little noise, the food court was fine & open late. My biggest issue is the transportation being limited to buses & that they share with music.

All in all, it wasn’t bad. If I had to stay at a value again in order to do WDW, I would. Personally, I would suggest checking if Pop is available tho. Also remodeled this year but it will have the gondolas as an added transportation option to 2 parks.

I would NOT stay off site during Christmas break. I think it is busy during the Holidays and have no idea how you like to use the resort so my opinion is more about how I would feel. My family relays on WDW transportation or Lyft. We use the resort amenities as part of the vacation, especially during busy seasons in Disney, so for us, a moderate or deluxe would be the choices we would consider. I would not be happy in a value especially if the parks were overcrowded. at I don't know what your preferences are though, so it is not for me to say if you woudl be disappointed in a value.

I suggest you look at how you spend your days and go from there, If you use the resort room to sleep and that's it, boo a value. You will be fine. If you rely on the amenities, like a TS restaurant onsite, or if you want an indoor lounge, you are not going to be happy.

Just wanna chime in here and share our experience.. As a young couple in our 20's and 30's, our alternate off-site go to hotel is the Hilton Buena Vista Palace. A room in the island tower give you immediate across the street access to Disney Marketplace and sets you right into the Christmas Tree Lane area and you are a hop skip and jump right into the magic without all of the high costs. It also opens up your food options to all of Disney Springs all within walking distance. We were hesitant to stay here at first with fears of being "away from the magic" but to be honest, it's a great alternative to the value/mod resorts while still getting all of the perks as an Official Disney Hotel (EMH, 60 days FP+). Most times, we save a pretty penny staying here with the deals you can find online and since it's just the two of you, you can easily hop in and out of the magic. It also makes it a little easier splurging on uber and lyft rides. Hope this helps with your planning.
We have a blog post sharing pics and more info here if you're interested. :)
https://www.kevinanddea.com/blog/2018/5/1/hilton-orlando-buena-vista-palace-review

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter