I've only been waiting 5 years for this

KellyKateri

Mouseketeer
Hellooooooo! I am creating a last minute pre-trip report for my August/September 2023 vacation! The last trip report I wrote was in 2016... which was 7 (?!) years ago. I love reading others trip-reports and even cringing at my own (please don't go back on my profile to read it). I mainly just want to document our pre-trip planning and trip experience, especially as we are leaving this month! This trip will also be the longest and most elaborate (& expensive) trip I have ever done, and I am just super excited to share!

Who We Are:
Us: We are high school sweethearts and just celebrated 5 years together in June. We are both originally from NY, but I have since moved to DC (August 2021) for grad school and have just rounded my first year in consulting. Hoping that this year we are able to move in together, but that is a whole other thing. We love to workout together, go to the movies (we just saw Barbie last night!), golf, travel, and go on long walks. We are also huge credit card point snobs, we are happy to talk about gaming credit card reward systems whenever.

Kelly (me): The planner, the organizer, the virgo, annual passholder, the deal hunter, spreadsheet creator, EarScouts strategy watcher, and the every-thing-has-a-place person.

B: Has never been to Disney, but is just happy to go

For context:
This trip has been in the works since 2018, aka the year B and I started dating (senior year of high school). I wanted to go to plan a trip for us to go to Disney, but we honestly just didn't have the money, I mean we were in college. We both started college in September 2018, and have been nose in the books kinda since. I've been to Disney 3 times since 2018, once in December 2019, January 2021, and January 2022, but all with my family.

B and I started talking about planning our own trip in August 2022, when I had a less than stellar 22nd birthday for reasons I don't feel like sharing even on a niche online board. I promised myself I would be in Disney World for my 23rd birthday. It also worked as B will start PA school (hopefully) in June/August 2024, so this will be the last big Disney we could do before he graduates in 2026. With all of this in mind, we (well I) began the planning.

This trip has gone through thousands of iterations with different dates, resorts, room categories, activities, travel plans, etc. I can't keep track of the amount of changes I have made since the initial booking we made in January 2023, but the first version of this trip was:

Beach Club garden view room for 5 nights and 6 days with the dining promo card offer

This transformed into:

Coronado Springs Gran Destino Tower (king bed standard view) and Yacht Club (standard club level) for 7 nights 8 days (and I somehow bought an annual pass?!)

This entire trip will be firsts for B and even a few firsts for me! I plan to share more of my plans soon, but for now I hope this entices some of y'all to follow along!

KB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter