I've never minded paying for what I perceive as value, but I hate feeling like I haven't paid enough

If I had my druthers I’d prefer they go to a general admission, maybe around $60, and then pay per attraction, with the most popular attractions being the most expensive. Someone who comes into MK and hits Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates and teacups comes out spending the same as now. Some one who comes in to hit all the mountains and 5 other popular rides will spend more. Someone who comes in to soak up the atmosphere and shop and dine pays less than they do now.
Lol that's definitely the exact opposite of what I want. I'd rather a higher base price that includes everything, and well, MORE. I'm the sort that plans trips for the quietest time possible so I can ride everything as much as possible.

Someone on reddit wrote an amazing post on this, so credit goes to u/mrhoopers for this:

In real life I think about money a lot. How to make it, how much I have, how to spend it, how to not spend so much of it, how to save it, how to invest it. I think about where to put it and when to put it there. Life is all about money. As a wise man once said, "mo money, mo problems."

When I enter the Disney bubble I want real life to end and Disney life to begin. In Disney I do what I want, when I feel like doing it (or when I've planned to do it) and I don't want to think about how much it costs. I don't want to think about value or fairness or Chapek. All I want is to think in, hey, I have a spot in line for a ride then get in line, ride the ride, get a snack, watch a show, just do whatever is on the itinerary. I want to sit, stand, walk and not turn around to see, again, another money grab. You've spent $XXk on this trip already...what's another $100?

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY!

The MINUTE I have to look at a line and make a value assessment: Is it worth $20 for me to skip ahead, the illusion is blown and you just invaded Disney with real life. No...no it's not worth $20...as a matter of fact...as I look around...this vacation isn't worth a year of mortgage payments.

Now...now...NOW...faced with that obnoxious money grab. I feel like I'm being blackmailed. I feel like I'm being taken advantage of. I don't want to spend another dollar...I don't want to do this. I don't want to be here with these people...riding these middling rides...shopping for merch that is easily half price in the real world that I don't honestly need anyway...eating food that is good...but equal or better can be found on the outside. I had this lovely lie going, the stress was melting away, I felt myself just relaxing and enjoying life. No longer. The veil is torn away.

I second that about Key West. If you have time, explore into the area around Marathon - north of the 7mile bridge up to Islamorada
The upper Keys are beautiful and there's a lot to do.

Honestly I love all of the Keys for varying reasons. We used to be in the keys every spring after snow bird season ended.

Hello
Im still curious. Y’all who’ve said your most recent trips were your best, why?
We took two trips to Universal this year, one for 7 nights and one for 5 nights - all at Portofino. First trip was with extended family, in-laws and SIL. We had a lot of fun. We had many laughs over meals, rides (first time for MIL on Mummy, Hagrid and Gringotts), scooters, etc. Wonderful memories on what "might" be the in-laws' last trip with us. Second trip was just me and my DD before she left for school. We had so much fun we were literally squealing. The ease of walking back and forth to the parks, the dining, the rides, the shows - everything. We just enjoy the parks and the hotels so much. We don't rent a car and stay on property the whole time, frequenting the parks, restaurants, shopping and the spa.

I recently thought about why that ride is taking so long while Universal put out Hagrid and VelociCoaster rather quickly. We do love Disney, shareholders too, just don't understand what takes so long.
That one in particular is real eyesore and having the RR out of commission for so long is kind of a big deal.

[
Don't take it personal. If you had to live in NY you'd have a bad attitude too.
OK. I do not have a bad attitude. I merely stated a fact: Outside of large metropolitan areas in America it is nearly impossible to find vegan food, but at WDW, it's easy.

I was not insulting anyone--however, everyone seems to think it's open season on being nasty to me. I do not appreciate it. At all.

That line is always gonna be crossed for somebody. For some it was 10 years ago, some it's now, others it will be 10 years from now. Just because you are in the group of those where that line is crossed now, doesn't mean it has been for everyone. People are continuing to enjoy their trips and continue to find the value. Yes, there are definitely people who aren't, and that's their opinion which is fine. My trips in the last 2-3 years have been far and away more enjoyable than they were 10 years ago. I'm nowhere near the tipping point. So no, I will not boycott the parks. I've got 3 upcoming trips planned over the next year-year and a half and don't see any signs of slowing down. Sorry you feel that way, I just find it annoying when people generalize their feelings to everybody and expect everyone to feel the same way they do.
I am not generalizing my feelings to everyone. I am commiserating with the people who feel the same way that I do and based on the reaction of the others there are a lot. You are certainly welcome to continue going as much as you want and as long as you enjoy going.

[

OK. I do not have a bad attitude. I merely stated a fact: Outside of large metropolitan areas in America it is nearly impossible to find vegan food, but at WDW, it's easy.

I was not insulting anyone--however, everyone seems to think it's open season on being nasty to me. I do not appreciate it. At all.
I get it. I live near the capital of PA. There are two restaurants with actual vegan menus (I'm not, but try to eat meat free frequently. Friends are). Every other place just wants to throw whatever side veggie they have on top of rice or pasta- usually cooked with chicken stock 🙄
I used to live in NY, still miss being able to find food after 10pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter