It's only 1600 miles! - First Road Trip to WDW - June 2016 PTR (COMPLETED)

I want to get out there in October, but probably won't this year.
October is probably my favorite month - Changing of the Colors and a road trip to the North Shore.

The new stadium looks amazing, and the Vikings might actually be competitive :)

Yeah, Monster Truck Rallies and Nitro Circus events every other weekend are gonna be great! Vikings? :confused3

Just under 2 weeks until we hit the road. Route has changed and think we are going to make a day in Atlanta area - DW wants to go visit a plantation down there somewhere, not sure which one she said. I'll get the oil changed this week and check the family truckster over. Tires are still good, will wait until fall before new ones on. I always pack in the car the jumper pack, oil, antifreeze, tow rope, road-side Kit (tools, flares), octane booster, gallon water...you know, the just in case s#!t happens stuff.

I never pack that stuff (but should.) However I do have my AAA card with me.

The chaos begins! We leave in 6 days! Was gone last few weekends (Funerals and wedding out of state). Last week of school for the kids. Work is crazy busy plus last month of FY. In the office all week wrapping up my own work and covering for one of my team members as he is on his mission trip in MX. Packing has started. Food/Snack all packaged. Misc. cloting and supply shopping will occur this weekend.

The family truckster (aka Rocket) is about ready to go for the road trip

Checklist:
  • Oil Change = DONE
  • PS Fluid = Good
  • Brake Fluid = Good
  • Coolant = Good
  • Washer fluid = Good
  • Air Filter = Good
  • A/C = Good
  • Battery = Good
  • Tire Pressure = Good
  • Tire tread = Good (will put new tires on this fall)
  • Lug nuts torqued = Good
  • Spare Tire = Good
  • Jack and Tire iron = Good
  • Brakes = Good
  • Windshield Wipers = replaced
  • Lights/blinkers all working properly
  • Vacuumed (thank God for 6.5 HP shop vac)
  • Gum on floor mat removed (ice cube and a fork)
  • Vinyl/dash/panels = clean and conditioned
  • Leather seats = cleaned and conditioned
  • Insurance card and Registration card there
  • All cubbies, pockets, cup holders, nooks and crannies all cleaned and wiped out.
  • Hitch Lock = installed and good
Only a few items remain:
  • Wash
  • Gas
  • Wash Windows
  • RainX Front windshield

Do you hear that ticking sound? Less than one week!

Start the Count-Down!

Days to Departure: 5

Today's Objectives:
- wash the Suburban, wipe out doors/hatch, etc, wash inside Windows and rainX windshield
- Clean House a bit (normal Sunday)
- Mow Lawn (then mow night before we go)
- DW taking oldest two cloting shopping for last misc items needed....1/2 of us need socks. 12 day trip. Sandals for the car ride, but socks/shoes for days in the park. Really only need 8 days worth of socks.

Last edited:
DW, aka Mamaduck, has some packing done. She and oldest DD's wrapped up clothing shopping today.

Snacks - top tote is the one that comes in the hotel stays as we travel. Bottom is for the week at the world. We have drinks as well, not shown.
7E366B5F-D4DA-4AC6-BFC2-CC0BC858A0B8_zpsdwyhi1jv.jpg

Beach bag is getting filled.
7A6D941D-5CA5-49D1-B639-AFC0CB3A1FE3_zpsircj2syf.jpg

The 4yo and 5yo's clothes for the trip. All in 1gal ziplock bags.
83F1925E-2F0C-4CE2-8CB0-C38D3BD47A7F_zpsahuryuif.jpg

Snacks - top tote is the one that comes in the hotel stays as we travel. Bottom is for the week at the world. We have drinks as well, not shown.

Holy crap! How many months did you say you were going for again?

Days to Departure: 4

Well, I woke up, so off to a good start...stubbed my right toes and, well, minor damage. After a F-bomb and maybe a slight tear, not broke, but in need of a band-aid....was getting up from dining room table to go let the dog in and caught them on end/wall table...not sure what you call it.

Ever do that? Week of or day before trip, get injured?

Today's Objectives:
- COFFEE!
- Go to Work (eventually move my butt from breakfast table to office).
- Go through master check list I wrote down, but really aka, talk to DW and see what we are doing today

Days to Departure: 4

Well, I woke up, so off to a good start...stubbed my right toes and, well, minor damage. After a F-bomb and maybe a slight tear, not broke, but in need of a band-aid....was getting up from dining room table to go let the dog in and caught them on end/wall table...not sure what you call it.

Today's Objectives:
- COFFEE!
- Go to Work (eventually move my butt from breakfast table to office).
- Go through master check list I wrote down, but really aka, talk to DW and see what we are doing today
We're 6 days to our road trip departure!!! On my agenda:

-Pack my bag
-Get my tires checked (a light just came on yesterday)
-Grab sunblock
-Pick up the air mattress from my friend
-Workout so I can pig out on the food when I get to orlando!

We're 6 days to our road trip departure!!! On my agenda:

-Pack my bag
-Get my tires checked (a light just came on yesterday)
-Grab sunblock
-Pick up the air mattress from my friend
-Workout so I can pig out on the food when I get to orlando!

I'm going to hit the gym tomorrow morning...hour of cardio and hour of free weights. Not sure if I will make it there Thursday. Probably go for few bike rides....walk the dog.

Well, I woke up, so off to a good start...

::yes::

stubbed my right toes and, well, minor damage. After a F-bomb and maybe a slight tear, not broke, but in need of a band-aid....was getting up from dining room table to go let the dog in and caught them on end/wall table...not sure what you call it.

Don't get me started.
And BTW... it's the dog's fault. They do that on purpose ya know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter