• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!****OCTOBER 2014****...ROLL CALL!! Join the party!

We ordered MagicBandits for ours. Excited to get our bands. The covers look cool. Where did you order yours, if I may ask?
I ordered them online, just search for "magic bands cover bands" and you'll find them. I think the website was "DVCCentral.." They are basically sticker wraps that affix to your magic bands. They have them representing rides, characters, a whole bunch of designs. The kids were so excited to customize their bands! Now, to just GET our bands! :)

Wish I had seen this board a couple months ago when I booked the flights and hotels for our first ever October escape from Oregon to Orlando.

My co-workers and friends were way-over my excitement and stories of planning deliberation and this would have been a perfect outlet. :banana:

We (Me and DW, DD 9, DD 7, DS 7) are doing a split between UO and WDW, OCT 18 - NOV 1.

OCT 18 - 22 - RPR at UO (Express Pass and WWHP here we come!)
OCT 22 - NOV 1 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, with one night at Ft. Wilderness (10 day Park Hopper WPMF)

The kids are going to miss a few days of school, but in couple of years, no one is going to remember that.

No Free Dining for us, but I was able to get ADRs for CRT for 4 of the 5 of us after weeks of retrying. My wife (odd women out?) wasn't pleased. But I'll send her over to the Food and Wine Festival to make up for it.

Sorry for blabbing. Just so excited. Oh, and I picked late October because it was supposed to be a slower/low season. Yikes. It's going to be a blast anyway it works out.

Cheers...

I ordered them online, just search for "magic bands cover bands" and you'll find them. I think the website was "DVCCentral.." They are basically sticker wraps that affix to your magic bands. They have them representing rides, characters, a whole bunch of designs. The kids were so excited to customize their bands! Now, to just GET our bands! :)

Thank you! I bought the MagicBandits through the disney store online. I will do an online search for the covers. It looks like it will be about another month before we get our bands (for Sept trip). Your kids will have fun putting theirs together.

Wish I had seen this board a couple months ago when I booked the flights and hotels for our first ever October escape from Oregon to Orlando.

My co-workers and friends were way-over my excitement and stories of planning deliberation and this would have been a perfect outlet. :banana:

:welcome:

A few of my friends are about ready to just not answer their phones or doors. ;) I am new here but already love it. Enjoy!

It's all official! Everything for my trip is booked and paid for!

My mom and I are going to stay at AKL October 21-27th, with a whole 5 days at the park! I spent hours on TouringPlans.com arranging our itinerary, afterwards I realized there is so much to do that I wish we would have 8 full days to spend at the parks!!!

My family and some friends will be visiting for the F&W Festival. Just a quick weekend trip 10/24-26 at Old Key West :)

I will find out today where I am staying...Headed to AAA to finalize some things. I got a code that we are going to work some numbers around on which would be better.

We are going from October 2nd - 21st. We are staying at AoA (10/2 -10/5), Beach Club (10/5-1014), and Wilderness Lodge (10/14-10/21)!!

My costume this year for MNSSHP is Sally from Nightmare. I have the costume which includes a wig, but my hair is pretty close to Sally's albeit a wee bit short. Thinking the wig will be hot and sweaty in Sept in Orlando. Any suggestions on where to get my hair dyed cherry red, or even the best way to do it myself. The most I've dyed my hair was to use SunIn when I was a teenager. Naturally I want this to be temp and either wash out or fade fairly quickly. (I can deal with red hair for a week or two). Don't think the spray stuff will get all my hair red and I'm also not wanting something that will come off as I sweat (oooo a young lady is never suppose to talk about sweating!). Don't want to end up looking like a red Sally.

Thanks!

Caroline

My costume this year for MNSSHP is Sally from Nightmare. I have the costume which includes a wig, but my hair is pretty close to Sally's albeit a wee bit short. Thinking the wig will be hot and sweaty in Sept in Orlando. Any suggestions on where to get my hair dyed cherry red, or even the best way to do it myself. The most I've dyed my hair was to use SunIn when I was a teenager. Naturally I want this to be temp and either wash out or fade fairly quickly. (I can deal with red hair for a week or two). Don't think the spray stuff will get all my hair red and I'm also not wanting something that will come off as I sweat (oooo a young lady is never suppose to talk about sweating!). Don't want to end up looking like a red Sally. Thanks! Caroline
What color is your hair naturally? I am a blonde, and used one of those box-dyes in college to try to become a "strawberry blonde"....and ended up looking like Ronald McDonald! So, if you're lucky, a cheap at-home dye job my work. Just make sure you get one that says "temporary" (mine faded in about 2 weeks, thankfully!)

I am a blonde, and used one of those box-dyes in college to try to become a "strawberry blonde"....and ended up looking like Ronald McDonald!

That's too funny - I'm med to dark brown, so I don't think that'll work, but I'll look at the hair colors. Just not sure how hard it is to do.

Also, I think I posted this on the wrong string. I'm going to repost it.

That's too funny - I'm med to dark brown, so I don't think that'll work, but I'll look at the hair colors. Just not sure how hard it is to do. Also, I think I posted this on the wrong string. I'm going to repost it.
For what it's worth, it was very easy to do myself....not so easy to get rid of :)

Switched from CS to PO Riverside to save a little.

Used that money to book a ressie for the Food & Wine Dining experience we wanted.

Up next - book flights and make costumes for MNSSHP!

Can't wait!!

SO EXCITED

Booked food and wine premium package :banana: which of course messed up my ADR schedule because that's the night I had the California Grill ADR I wanted... and of course there was nothing available for the evening I wanted to switch to. :sad: I was also getting grumpy about the speculation that the premium package wouldn't contain everything I initially thought...

I JUST CHECKED AND MY PREFERRED CALI GRILL ADR WAS AVAILABLE! :cheer2: Back to a very very happy Dis-er.

Villas at the Grand Floridian - October 1-6. WOOOOO!!!

Well, an epic fail last night at AAA. Went to book and when my agent went to book the system was down...URGH...I should know by today where I will be staying. It looks like Pop Century.

We just switched from a family suite at AOA to a 1BR villa at OKW. My kids (7,5,4) made the decision...they chose the water slide and boat to DTD over the cars theme! I'm thrilled for the extra room, full kitchen, w/d and king bed!
Now...we just need a Tusker House breakfast for 10/12 and everything will be perfect

I just got confirmation and put my deposit down for my trip...

Going Oct 26 - Nov 1 staying at All Star Movies.

I am really hoping that we get in the Mighty Ducks wing as my friend and I are big hockey fans...

Just purchased our Annual Passes last night, which basically commits us to another trip in April :)

Got our confirmation last night, driving down from VA from 10/5-10/10 to take our 2 y/o daughter for her first trip! Staying at ASMo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter