IT'S OFFICIAL!!!****OCTOBER 2014****...ROLL CALL!! Join the party!

My mom and were talking a few days ago about our Disney trip, then my nephew who lives in FL came up to visit. Both highly suggested we look at vacation homes - I have never booked one before. With the ages of my kids and now the very big possiblity of my parent's and possibly my DBF coming with us, this is looking like a very good choice.

We are looking in Windsor Hills right now for a 4 or 5 bedroom home. :confused3 I'm just not sure how staying off property will effect fastpass+ or photopass+. We will get our tickets through the union and I guess link them...hello to a lot more questions and research. :listen:

My mom and were talking a few days ago about our Disney trip, then my nephew who lives in FL came up to visit. Both highly suggested we look at vacation homes - I have never booked one before. With the ages of my kids and now the very big possiblity of my parent's and possibly my DBF coming with us, this is looking like a very good choice.

We are looking in Windsor Hills right now for a 4 or 5 bedroom home. :confused3 I'm just not sure how staying off property will effect fastpass+ or photopass+. We will get our tickets through the union and I guess link them...hello to a lot more questions and research. :listen:

Shouldn't effect either. fP+ is allegedly linked to tickets, not resort dates. Id assume youd have a valid ticket number to put in for it. Anyone can get PP+ via their website.

New to posting on Dis, been lurking since 2010. My grown daughters and they family's and myself are planning our October 1-11 2014 trip (Our last family trip was in Oct 2011) wanting to join in on this thread, getting excited already for next year!! :yay: Hope this comes out alright, I'm 65 and have no idea how to do all this posting stuff, this is why I have been lurking since 2010 LOL

We are going October 16-23rd! I won the battle with DH over the date. He wanted to wait until April 2015:( Way too long for this Disney Gal to wait! Already have days planned and restaurants picked out.popcorn:: Can't wait!!!!!!

New to posting on Dis, been lurking since 2010. My grown daughters and they family's and myself are planning our October 1-11 2014 trip (Our last family trip was in Oct 2011) wanting to join in on this thread, getting excited already for next year!! :yay: Hope this comes out alright, I'm 65 and have no idea how to do all this posting stuff, this is why I have been lurking since 2010 LOL

We're going October 1 - 10, how funny is that!!! :thumbsup2

Welcome everybody! A big happy group now!

I'm going to start adding everybody going to the first post, if you'd like to add where you are staying, just let me know!

Are you any of you doing the dining plan? I'm just not sure if it's worth it to do doing during the food/wine fest?

Maybe we'll do quick service. I was thinking we may do some nicer restaurants, but sit at the bar and get cocktails and appetizers...we shall see....

We are going October 16-23rd! I won the battle with DH over the date. He wanted to wait until April 2015:( Way too long for this Disney Gal to wait! Already have days planned and restaurants picked out.popcorn:: Can't wait!!!!!!

Don't keep us in suspense, let's hear the plans! :laughing:

We love going on that first week of Oct, last year I did that solo trip and it was dead, walk on rides multiple times, it was great, the only bad thing was it rained on both of my MNSSHP's I went to, the second one on Thursday night was a total rain out, I finally left and called it a night, it just poured for hours.

I'm staying at POP, first time at this resort, heard lot's of good things about it. Were doing the dining plan, we love the table service meals, hoping to snag a Be Our Guest dinner!!

So it will be:
POP Oct 1-11
3-rooms 8 people
Regular Dining Plan (hoping for free QS to upgrade to regular dining plan)

Well looks like I need to move on... we decided to change it up, switching to November 2014 not 100% on dates but looking at the week before Thanksgiving, sooooo excited!

I think we have just decided to switch to October! As much as I would love to see Christmas decorations I would rather visit when it is warm and we can swim? Am I making the right choice? It will be husband , 8 yo granddaughter and myself. This will be granddaughters first and probably only visit. We have been for Halloween and Valentines day. Any suggestions for special things to do with our granddaughter would be great! We are staying in Disney for 6 days, Discovery Cove 1 day, Universal 3 days then..... Seaworld and Aquatica.

We'll be there Oct. 18-25. Two of our boys will get to celebrate their birthdays with Mickey! So far we're keeping it a surprise, but over a year is a long time for me to keep an exciting secret. :cool1:

My brain feels like mush. I have spent the day looking at property after property trying to nail down a house to rent. Maybe by the end of the week I will have it narrowed down to less than 20 - right now the list is around 100. I had a hard enough time narrowing down which resort to stay at when we were going to be on-property.

Guess there are really worse things I could be stressing over - I am going DISNEY :cheer2:

We're doing the Disney Dream 3-day cruise Oct 2-5, but it starts on a Wednesday, so we're tentatively planning to spend the week leading up to it at WDW itself. I went every year when I was a kid, but I haven't been back since & the rest of the family's never been. (To give you an idea of how long it's been, HS was MGM studios back then.) I'm so excited already! :D

Hey guys! I've updated people's dates and hotels and added all the new people!

I just got excited reading a thread about MK at night, love it at that time, so awesome!
And in October the Halloween decorations will be up and I bet it will look really pretty. And Haunted Mansion may just be a little more creepy. :upsidedow

I think we have just decided to switch to October! As much as I would love to see Christmas decorations I would rather visit when it is warm and we can swim? Am I making the right choice? It will be husband , 8 yo granddaughter and myself. This will be granddaughters first and probably only visit. We have been for Halloween and Valentines day. Any suggestions for special things to do with our granddaughter would be great! We are staying in Disney for 6 days, Discovery Cove 1 day, Universal 3 days then..... Seaworld and Aquatica.

I think October will be great. That's the time of year my parents always took us and that's the time I've been waiting to go back.
Still warm enough to swim, and to me, the warm weather really makes it feel like a vacation. :)

Hey guys! I've updated people's dates and hotels and added all the new people!

I just got excited reading a thread about MK at night, love it at that time, so awesome!
And in October the Halloween decorations will be up and I bet it will look really pretty. And Haunted Mansion may just be a little more creepy. :upsidedow

Hello, thankyou for adding me :goodvibes.

Thank you for adding me to the list :) We will be staying in Windsor Hills.

Awesome, I will update you! It must feel good that you made your choice huh? :rotfl:

I've never been there, but I've read some nice things about it, I'm sure it's a great choice. :)

So fun to see a list coming together! We will be at AKV :) can't wait for some coffee and giraffe viewing!

So fun to see a list coming together! We will be at AKV :) can't wait for some coffee and giraffe viewing!

Ooh, have you stayed there before? I'm totally curious about that resort, I think we will visit it while we are there!

Is that you in your avatar picture? Nice to see a face with a name!

I will update the list with your hotel.

When does everyone start counting down? I won't...ahem...officially start until October of this year rolls around. :rotfl: I don't actually do anything special, just annoy my boyfriend (Micky, yep, Micky!) and now I can also annoy my sisters. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter