It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

Yesterday was my 12-year "DISiversary." Is that even a thing? :confused3 It seems strange that after 12 years here on these boards, I only hit my 4,000th post last week!

Congrats lady!! That's awesome!!

Guess I'll just have to always have a trip in the works from now on!) :cutie:

Always good to have a trip in the works!

Also, yesterday marked 7 WEEKS until this trip commences! That's pretty exciting stuff. :hyper:

7 weeks!!!!!! :jumping1:

We got Ana Gasteyer.

I don't even know who that is!

Soarin'. For those of you with motion sensitivity/sickness, how does this one effect you? I reeeeeeally want Aunt Debby to be able experience this one, just because it's so freakin' incredible

I have moderate motion sickness issues, and have gotten slightly dizzy on Soarin but I love it so much I don't care. :p I just close my eyes for a sec if I start to feel iffy. I also get it sometimes on TSMM when you spin around changing game scenes, sometimes the spin feels pretty fast and I get a little off balance. I've not tried Mission Space or even star tours for that reason. Sorry I can't help on the chicken exit issue. Most rides that have a chicken exit I'm too chicken to even try!

They HAS to be something I've forgotten that needs buying, right??? :laughing:

I'm so much the same way, I feel like there is always something to be purchased right up until I leave!

Just let me know when you'll be in DC, I'll have my trusty chauffeur cap all ready for you.

Congrats all all of your anniversary's hitting at the same time. I didn't even know the DIS had been around for 12 years.

I'm no help on the chickening out on ride front, but if you need some advice on eating chicken I'm your girl ; )

Less than 50 days!!! WooHoo!
The vid you shared is just sooooo funny. Whoever thinks of such ideas? I especially loved "Ariel" flipping her hair like that. And I also just subscribed to the youtube channel. Just one more reason to waste time on youtube (as if I need an excuse)
As for chicken exits, this is good info for me to know. I didn't know such a thing existed. Love thrill rides but I am also prone to motion sickness so no spinning action for me.

When loading on EE the non-rider can just take a seat to the right. There are benches you can sit and wait on. Oldest son has not ridden with us on any roller coasters, any of the Mountains or Tower of Terror for the last several trips. He will ride Mission Space, Soaring, Test Track.

Just a note though, the very first time we rode Tower of Terror we asked a CM about a chicken door and were told just before loading he can leave. Just at the loading dock we asked again about a chicken door. The CM LIED and said at the top of this elevator. Unknown to us he was loading us on the actual ride. We were not impressed. I should have reported the CM at the time. This may have been funny to him but not to the person who is terrified. My son who did not want to ride was about 10 then.

I can't help you with the chicken exit thing because last time I waited on line and then didn't ride I was 12 ... (and it was also not at Disney).

But congrats on the DISiversary and yay for 7 weeks! It's almost Disney time!!

I was wondering about a Chicken Exit for Soarin' for DH. He went on it once with my DD and when he came off he was as white as a sheet. I think he only made it through because DD was with him and he was trying to be brave. It is one of my favorites and especially with the announcement of it closing down for 6 months in January I have to ride it this trip since it won't be open when we go in the Spring!! My DD is going to be so disappointed!

DH said he would stand in line with me, but would prefer to skip the ride itself.

I have no idea who your narrator is so good call on cancelling :rotfl2:
She's not exactly an A-lister. :laughing:

Hubby suffers with motion sickness, he can't do anything that spins (tea cups etc) but he has no problems on Soarin (usually, last trip he had one ride that made him a little funny)
Same, no spinning for me. But my Aunt, god love her, can't do anything more thrilling than It's A Small World. :rotfl:

I can definitely comment on this. I get motion sickness all the time and did not go on Star Tours or Mission Space for that reason. The thing with Soarin' though is that you don't actually move that much. If you start to feel at all queasy - which I did at times - all you have to do is close your eyes and your body realizes that you aren't actually moving, and then you can open them again. It's so worth it to ride this and just tell your aunt that trick. If you feel sick, just close your eyes.
This is GREAT advice! Maybe I can convince her with this! :goodvibes Thanks!

I can only speak from experience about Tower of Terror - since we totally did this - ie: took the chicken exit. And I'm so glad we did. I was scared that we would get to a "point of no return" so I just mentioned that we wanted the chicken exit to every CM that we saw. On the way into the queue at the start, then when walking into the little pre-show area, then when exiting the pre-show...and then we walked through a queue inside and mentioned it again to the next CM...and then they finally took us into the "chicken exit" which is actually an elevator. So it's kinda funny because they actually told us to cluck like a chicken. When DD just laughed, they said "no really, start clucking" lol. But the funniest thing was that there was another couple people with us in the chicken exit elevator and everyone was all "are you sure this is just a regular elevator?" It was quite funny.
Bahaha. That's hilarious. I would probably be thinking the same thing! :laughing:

I am one of those people who never pays for free stuff. :rolleyes1 We like to sit outside of the pavilion at the tables near Liberty Inn or at the fountain and people watch while listening to the concerts. It isn't as loud that way. ;)
I would probably do the same thing for concerts. For dramatic readings though, I would want to be close enough to see facial expressions. Blame it on my Theatre background. :rolleyes:

I know I already said something about Soarin' but I wanted to add a little more. I avoided this ride until just about two years ago. Then I did tons of research and finally felt brave enough to give it a shot. The parts of the ride with the seat lifting up and moving a little to simulate flying don't bother me at all. The fan that blows air in your face is one of the reasons this ride works for me. Like a dog sticking its head out of a car window, fresh air always helps. ;) There are a few parts that really bother me, like the golf course. I always close my eyes for that one. But the majority of the movie is fine for me. I notice that I can handle the ride a little better on a full stomach.
Good tip about the fan blowing! I'll be sure to mention that to her! I'll tell her to close her eyes for the golf course, too! :cutie:

I've taken the chicken exit for Space Mountain. This one is really easy to do. You get up to the big boarding area and those people who don't want to do the ride are directed to a exit corridor. They have the waiting area set up so that everyone who exits the ride would walk past the members of your party who was sitting the ride out.
I -think- I've been through the chicken exit for Space Mountain. I think. On my last trip, I was in line, all the way up to the point where the send you to one side or the other, when it broke down and they evacuated. They sent everybody down this little hallway I wouldn't have even noticed otherwise. I figured that was the chicken exit, but I've never been for sure. :scratchin

I don't even know who that is!
It seems that quite a few people don't! :rotfl:

I have moderate motion sickness issues, and have gotten slightly dizzy on Soarin but I love it so much I don't care. :p I just close my eyes for a sec if I start to feel iffy. I also get it sometimes on TSMM when you spin around changing game scenes, sometimes the spin feels pretty fast and I get a little off balance. I've not tried Mission Space or even star tours for that reason. Sorry I can't help on the chicken exit issue. Most rides that have a chicken exit I'm too chicken to even try!
Yeah, I'm not even going to try to put her on Mission Space or Star Tours. And I can't put her on TSMM for a totally different reason... Anything on the bridge of her nose gives her pain, so she wouldn't be able to wear the 3D glasses and still operate the gun. :laughing: (For shows like Muppets 3D, she's just going to hold the glasses up a little instead of letting them rest on her nose, that way she can still watch.)

I'm so much the same way, I feel like there is always something to be purchased right up until I leave!
I know! I hate to say it, but I think I'm a little TOO well-prepared this time! :rotfl2:

Just let me know when you'll be in DC, I'll have my trusty chauffeur cap all ready for you.
Excellent! :thumbsup2

Congrats all all of your anniversary's hitting at the same time. I didn't even know the DIS had been around for 12 years.
Apparently even longer. I've seen people with earlier "Joined on" dates than mine! :eek:

I'm no help on the chickening out on ride front, but if you need some advice on eating chicken I'm your girl ; )
Oh, Kari. This is why we're friends. :hug: :laughing:

Well I know from experience that there's a chicken exit in Splash Mountain - don't hate me, I know it's safe, I just somehow picture myself somersaulting out of the log. And yet I left my two young children to ride down together. And I've been able to ride Jurassic Park at Universal, twice! Sometimes there is no reasoning with me... where's that crazy emoji? :crazy2:
That's good to know! I booked our Splash Mountain FP+ for all three of us, in case Uncle Mark wants to ride with me and Aunt Debby wants to through the line with us. Honestly though, I may end up doing it alone, if they decide they don't want to get wet. If so, I'll send them up to see some Country Bears (which I got no love for) while I go get my Splash on. :D

Less than 50 days!!! WooHoo!
YAAAAAAAAY!!!!! :woohoo:

The vid you shared is just sooooo funny. Whoever thinks of such ideas? I especially loved "Ariel" flipping her hair like that. And I also just subscribed to the youtube channel. Just one more reason to waste time on youtube (as if I need an excuse)
Isn't it adorbs? I loved it! :lovestruc

As for chicken exits, this is good info for me to know. I didn't know such a thing existed. Love thrill rides but I am also prone to motion sickness so no spinning action for me.
Nope, no spinning for this girl either! That's the only type of ride that bothers me! :crazy2:

When loading on EE the non-rider can just take a seat to the right. There are benches you can sit and wait on. Oldest son has not ridden with us on any roller coasters, any of the Mountains or Tower of Terror for the last several trips. He will ride Mission Space, Soaring, Test Track.
Ooooh, good to know, that definitely makes it easier! :thumbsup2

Just a note though, the very first time we rode Tower of Terror we asked a CM about a chicken door and were told just before loading he can leave. Just at the loading dock we asked again about a chicken door. The CM LIED and said at the top of this elevator. Unknown to us he was loading us on the actual ride. We were not impressed. I should have reported the CM at the time. This may have been funny to him but not to the person who is terrified. My son who did not want to ride was about 10 then.
Oh my god!!! I can't believe the CM did that!!! Seriously, that's AWFUL. :sad2:

I can't help you with the chicken exit thing because last time I waited on line and then didn't ride I was 12 ... (and it was also not at Disney).
I've NEVER done it, so I'm totally clueless in this department! :confused3

But congrats on the DISiversary and yay for 7 weeks! It's almost Disney time!!
6.5 weeks now! Yaaaaaaaay! :woohoo: (P.S. - I'mma start writing up Day 4 Plans as soon as I'm done with these replies!)

I was wondering about a Chicken Exit for Soarin' for DH. He went on it once with my DD and when he came off he was as white as a sheet. I think he only made it through because DD was with him and he was trying to be brave. It is one of my favorites and especially with the announcement of it closing down for 6 months in January I have to ride it this trip since it won't be open when we go in the Spring!! My DD is going to be so disappointed!
Oh my goodness! Poor Keith! :scared: I hope if I can get Aunt Debby on it, that she'll have a better experience!

DH said he would stand in line with me, but would prefer to skip the ride itself.
Yeah, Debby is the same way. She's happy to just hang out, but most things she won't ride until it's super gentle. It's going to be an interesting trip, that's for sure! :cutie:

OMG i adore this!!!
I thought you would like that, Mo! :goodvibes

P.S. - I'mma start writing up Day 4 Plans as soon as I'm done with these replies!

So ... I kinda forgot today was Monday until I saw this.
It's not my fault. I was away all weekend and that always throws me off.
But now I'm going to start nagging you if I don't see the day 4 plans soon.

46 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

All right, this post will be pretty quick and easy, since it's our chill-out day. :faint:

DAY 4 - Monday, December 7 - Rest/Free Time & Disney Springs

Day%204%20-%20Dec.%207.png

We'll sleep in a little bit. I've booked a late breakfast ADR at...

kona.png

This meal is off the dining plan, and mainly for myself, because I've always wanted to try it (thanks mainly to the DIS). I booked it for a party of 3, though, so that Aunt Debby and Uncle Mark have the option to join me, if they want to. We'll play that by ear.

I'm probably going to be a PIGGY and order two entrees. Because vacation.

toast.jpg

TONGA TOAST! And...

samoan.jpg

THE SOMOAN!!! I'm starving now just looking at these pictures again!

After late breakfast, we'll probably go our separate ways. My Aunt Debby has never done miniature golf in her whole life, so she's excited to go do that while we have some down time. I won't join her and Uncle Mark for that though, because the courses aren't ECV friendly. (I tried to go it on foot years ago, but by the time we were done, I was really hurting.) Besides, by this point in the trip, I'm going to really be craving some solo time, I think.

So instead, I'm going to spend my time day-drinking my way through my first-ever Monorail Crawl. :drinking1 And of course, just spending a little chill time at each of the three resorts.

We'll all meet back up later, probably at AoA. By 4:30, we'll be on a bus over to...

disneysprings.png

To hit up our dinner ADR, a first for me, here at...

t-rex-cafe.jpg

...where I'll continue to get my drink on (cottontini, anybody?), and feast on MEAT GLORIOUS MEAT!

This will be followed by shopping shopping shopping! And after a while, maybe a dessert stop for me at...

20150426_223551-1.jpg

And definitely popping into Erin McKenna's Bakery NYC for Debby...

bakery.jpg

She has a gluten intolerance, so when I told her there is a completely gluten-free bakery at Disney, she was pretty excited. :goodvibes

My Uncle Mark is a car and motorcycle enthusiast, so I figure that we'll probably wind up here, too...

hd.png

I'm guessing sometime between 9-10pm, we'll be boarding our bus back to AoA for the night, and hopefully feeling recharged and ready for our next big park day, which starts bright and early the next morning!

Last edited:
Your day 4 plans look great! I can't wait to hear all about Kona Cafe! Good for you girl, you gotta go for both the Samoan and the Tonga toast! It's on my list for September next year. Yums!!
Day drinking = nap for me! But so much fun :P. I have a monorail "pub crawl" in the works for my son and I too! ( he's 22) but more towards the evening hours. I can't wait for pics on that one!
It will be nice for you to have some free time scheduled in, I'm sure with you used to touring solo it will be pretty different this time around. Still fun, but different:flower:

Ok, I just LOL at the monorail crawl...you see, I had enough trouble getting the darn EVC off the monorail when I was sober...I am not sure I could do it with a drink or two, or three in me! of course we usually had two of them squeezed into one side, which was even more of a challenge, because you had no room to maneuver! Sounds like fun. I missed my easy day while at WDW this last trip...I think that is one of the issues I personally had with that trip. I NEED that day off, especially in a 10 day trip!

Love your free day plans. I will try Kona breakfast one day, maybe.

We have T-Rex tentatively scheduled 2 or 3 times in our plans, so we will hopefully make it there at least once. We really enjoyed it last time we were there 6 years ago.

Oh and your Universal plans made me suggest Universal to my husband for our 15th anniversary in August, we decided we'll visit Universal for Harry Potter, without kids! I am going to see if my Mom still has any of the ancient 1 day tickets from when we went to Disney years ago so we can sneak into Disney as well if we want. We figured that Universal was going to cost about the same as New York City and Broadway, so we're Harry Pottering it rather then Wicked and Les Miserablesing it.

I love the down day and monorail crawl idea. So much fun. And relaxing. I'd love to go on a long enough trip to build in a couple days of that. I LOVED our trip...but was so. Wiped. Out. by about Day 4...would have been nice to take a break...without worrying about all the stuff you are missing.

I'm probably going to be a PIGGY and order two entrees. Because vacation.

See, to me that's just having all the good stuff. You can't be expected to choose between all the good stuff, it's vacation!

So instead, I'm going to spend my time day-drinking my way through my first-ever Monorail Crawl. :drinking1 And of course, just spending a little chill time at each of the three resorts.

Yay! Monorail crawl! Drunken depravity using Disney's best form of transportation!

...where I'll continue to get my drink on (cottontini, anybody?), and feast on MEAT GLORIOUS MEAT!

Okay, I don't know what a cottontini is, but .... wouldn't it be awesome if they made a cotton-candy martini? It's like the best of both worlds!
(I'm going to go ahead and guess that's not actually what a cottontini is)

And after a while, maybe a dessert stop for me at...

20150426_223551-1.jpg

You can never go wrong with Ghirardelli. Seriously. Everything there is so yummy!

And definitely popping into Erin McKenna's Bakery NYC for Debby...

You'll have to tell me how she likes it, we may stop by next trip.

Sounds like you have a great down day planned - and so much yummy in one day!!! (Because, really, it's all about the food)

Your day 4 plans look great! I can't wait to hear all about Kona Cafe! Good for you girl, you gotta go for both the Samoan and the Tonga toast! It's on my list for September next year. Yums!!
I'm really looking forward to it! Love scratching restaurants off my Disney bucket list! :cutie:

Day drinking = nap for me! But so much fun :P. I have a monorail "pub crawl" in the works for my son and I too! ( he's 22) but more towards the evening hours. I can't wait for pics on that one!
You're right, those should be some fun selfies to take. :laughing:

It will be nice for you to have some free time scheduled in, I'm sure with you used to touring solo it will be pretty different this time around. Still fun, but different:flower:
It's true, I'm so used to touring solo that having them with me is going to be a huge difference. It'll be nice to escape and have some alone time. :-)

Ok, I just LOL at the monorail crawl...you see, I had enough trouble getting the darn EVC off the monorail when I was sober...I am not sure I could do it with a drink or two, or three in me! of course we usually had two of them squeezed into one side, which was even more of a challenge, because you had no room to maneuver! Sounds like fun. I missed my easy day while at WDW this last trip...I think that is one of the issues I personally had with that trip. I NEED that day off, especially in a 10 day trip!
Girl, on a 10-day trip, I would need TWO down days. My general rule of thumb is one chill-out days between every 2-3 park days. :thumbsup2

Love your free day plans. I will try Kona breakfast one day, maybe.
I'll tell ya'll all about it when I get back! ::yes::

We have T-Rex tentatively scheduled 2 or 3 times in our plans, so we will hopefully make it there at least once. We really enjoyed it last time we were there 6 years ago.
2-3 times?! Dang! :laughing: This will be brand new to me, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Oh and your Universal plans made me suggest Universal to my husband for our 15th anniversary in August, we decided we'll visit Universal for Harry Potter, without kids! I am going to see if my Mom still has any of the ancient 1 day tickets from when we went to Disney years ago so we can sneak into Disney as well if we want. We figured that Universal was going to cost about the same as New York City and Broadway, so we're Harry Pottering it rather then Wicked and Les Miserablesing it.
YAY! I love that I inspired you to go to Universal! That makes me so happy! :wizard:

I love the down day and monorail crawl idea. So much fun. And relaxing. I'd love to go on a long enough trip to build in a couple days of that. I LOVED our trip...but was so. Wiped. Out. by about Day 4...would have been nice to take a break...without worrying about all the stuff you are missing.
On longer trips, I always have a down day. Have to! I might do a park or Disney Springs that night, but I need a day to nap and drink and lounge! :goodvibes

See, to me that's just having all the good stuff. You can't be expected to choose between all the good stuff, it's vacation!
Exactly! Vacation is about having ALL the good stuff, no matter how indulgent or gluttonous! :rotfl:

Yay! Monorail crawl! Drunken depravity using Disney's best form of transportation!
I concur! Another first for me! Can't wait! :hyper:

Okay, I don't know what a cottontini is, but .... wouldn't it be awesome if they made a cotton-candy martini? It's like the best of both worlds!
(I'm going to go ahead and guess that's not actually what a cottontini is)
Actually, that's EXACTLY what it is!!! :hyper: There's three different varieties to choose from:

Tropical Cotton-Tini Malibu Coconut Rum and tropical fruit juices with cotton candy. <---Billie's Pick!
Cosmo-Paleo Cotton-Tini XR Fusion Liqueur, Skyy Infusions Citrus Vodka and cranberry juice with cotton candy.
Candy-Apple Cotton-Tini Finlandia Vodka, DeKuyper Sour Apple Pucker Schnapps and a splash of sweet & sour mixed with cotton candy.

And here's a video of one being made!:

You can never go wrong with Ghirardelli. Seriously. Everything there is so yummy!
There's a caramel sundae there that I just love. I hope they still have it! Yum! :bitelip:

You'll have to tell me how she likes it, we may stop by next trip.
I'm probably going to try something from there, too. Typically "vegan" and "gluten-free" are words that send me running away, but I figure since we'll be there anyhow, it wouldn't kill me to try a cookie or a cupcake or something. Be open-minded, right? ::yes::

Sounds like you have a great down day planned - and so much yummy in one day!!! (Because, really, it's all about the food)
I've said it before and I'll say it again... I go to Disney to EAT!!! :cutie:

samoan.jpg
This looks so yummy. I have never tried Kona for breakfast but I make tonga toast at home and love it. It is easy to make and so good. I can understand you wanting both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter