It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

Honestly I am not sure what day they are taping the parade, they haven't released that information to us yet, but as soon as I know, you will be the very next person to know. I am going to say I think it's Saturday, but I could be wrong ... that's sort of when I remember it being last time.
This is what I remember from when I went the first week of December 2009, that the taping was on Saturday then too (which I also avoided, I imagine MK is a madhouse on that day!). :crowded:

15 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
135 days until FP+! :cutie:
195 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

So, something occurred to me recently, and I've been meaning to bring it up here all week, but I keep forgetting. I've NEVER done the Candlelight Processional! :eek: I'm not all that concerned about it personally, but I think my aunt might enjoy it. But it also depends on the narrator, and I won't know who it is going to be on our Epcot night (12/10) for months yet probably... Certainly not before I have to do ADRs in a couple of weeks. Plus I'm concerned if I'm going to need to do the dining package in order to not have to get in line for it super early? Do I really want to blow 2 table service credits on that, and have to cut out an ADR I've already chosen? (Answer: No.) I just don't know what to do or how to approach this one... It's uncharted territory for me. :confused: When I think about it too much, I feel like this:

xu1InPrvDb6a4.gif

Somebody HALP ME, please? :confused3

My savings progress for this trip is coming along nicely. Package will be fully paid off next month, and if things continue along as predicted, I'll have everything for the trip either paid for or in savings by September. Or October, at the very latest. :thumbsup2

Other than that, there's not much to think about or do really for the next couple of weeks. I'm taking a week of vacation time for a STAYCATION during June 6-14, so I'm super looking forward to the downtime, and hopefully getting my messy apartment in order. And my ADR date just happens to fall on June 7th, so that gives me TWO reasons to look forward to getting through the next 2 weeks! :cutie:

I'll probably pop into the office afterhours one day during my staycation, since that's where all my spreadsheets are, on my work computer (I actually don't have Excel at home). I know once I have my ADRs locked down, I'm going to be itching to get everything turned into pretty visual plans! :hyper:

I hope you're all enjoying the long Memorial Day holiday weekend!!! :goodvibes

15 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
135 days until FP+! :cutie:
195 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

So, something occurred to me recently, and I've been meaning to bring it up here all week, but I keep forgetting. I've NEVER done the Candlelight Processional! :eek: I'm not all that concerned about it personally, but I think my aunt might enjoy it. But it also depends on the narrator, and I won't know who it is going to be on our Epcot night (12/10) for months yet probably... Certainly not before I have to do ADRs in a couple of weeks. Plus I'm concerned if I'm going to need to do the dining package in order to not have to get in line for it super early? Do I really want to blow 2 table service credits on that, and have to cut out an ADR I've already chosen? (Answer: No.) I just don't know what to do or how to approach this one... It's uncharted territory for me. :confused: When I think about it too much, I feel like this:

xu1InPrvDb6a4.gif

Somebody HALP ME, please? :confused3

My savings progress for this trip is coming along nicely. Package will be fully paid off next month, and if things continue along as predicted, I'll have everything for the trip either paid for or in savings by September. Or October, at the very latest. :thumbsup2

Other than that, there's not much to think about or do really for the next couple of weeks. I'm taking a week of vacation time for a Staycation during June 6-14, so I'm super looking forward to the downtime, and hopefully getting my messy apartment in order. And my ADR date just happens to fall on June 7th, so that gives me TWO reasons to look forward to getting through the next 2 weeks! :cutie:

I'll probably pop into the office afterhours one day during my staycation, since that's where all my spreadsheets are, on my work computer (I actually don't have Excel at home). I know once I have my ADRs locked down, I'm going to be wanting to get everything turned into pretty visual plans! :hyper:

I hope you're all enjoying the long Memorial Day holiday weekend!!! :goodvibes

My reasons for not worrying about candlelight processional are similar - not knowing the narrator far in advance, therefore not knowing if it's worth the hassle, and not wanting to waste tons of time in line. Sounds like a good option for a future solo trip, though. :)

And if you don't have excel at home, maybe look into downloading open office? It will allow you to work with your excel files, and, iirc, it's *free*. :)

i'm no help on the processional. we've never done it, i don't know much about it, and i always have a hard time using 2 credits for stuff.

Never even heard of that so I can't really say...but yeah...more planning would make my head spin lol...is it one of those things that you have to buy tickets for? I guess I could go look it up lazy...right? lol...I will go do that :)

I've never done Candlelight Processional but it always sounds like fun. From what I've heard it's worth it to do the package.

We did the Candlelight Processional back in 2009 but honestly I don't really remember any details such as who the narrator was or if we did a package meal with it... not much help, I know!

Hi Billie! I'll give you my thoughts on the CP :mic: We've done it twice, both times in Nov. 2012. We were down for 10 days and had one set of friends there in the beginning of our trip who wanted to do it, and another set of friends who came later so we did it again with them.
I'm glad I've done it; don't need to do it again unless someone I LOVE ends up being a narrator while I happen to be there. BUT - it is beautiful whether you're particularly religious or not (we're......not so much). Since it tells the Christmas story it is religious as is the music; regardless of your beliefs the choir sounded absolutely beautiful. All the kids, ages 7-11 at the time, ended up quite bored :rolleyes1
Our 1st narrator was Geena Davis. Second time was Neil Patrick Harris whom I LOVE LOVE LOVE and he was awesome, made some jokes in the beginning and then his delivery of the whole narrative was just......better. Made it a different experience so I feel the narrator matters.
We did the CP dinner package both times and again, I think it's worth it depending on the narrator. People line up ridiculously early for more popular ones (like 11a.m. for NPH) so having the dining package is a plus. If it's someone not as popular you would still need to be prepared to get in line fairly early but not 6 hours early :scared1:
If you think your Aunt would enjoy it, it's something you could mark off as having done yourself! Maybe when the narrators and CP dining packages are released you can turn your Biergarten ADR into a CP one?? I want to say Biergarten has participated in the past. Hope this helped a bit!

I've done the CP once and it was wonderful, the narrator didn't bother me as I've never normally heard of most of them anyway :rotfl2:

I've heard you really do need the package but I was thinking, do they have a seperate queue for wheelchairs/scooters? If so you may not need the package :)

Your spreadsheet is super awesome! I may have to copy it. :scratchin

Only 2 weeks until ADRs!! Holy cow! This actually just made me nervous because that means I've got about a month to go! I really better get my act together! I love your choices. We went to Biergarten in 2012 and loved it. Isn't that one of the choices for the CP package? Some friends of ours did the CP a few years ago and just raved about it. I don't know who their narrator was but they enjoyed it quite a bit. I get what you're saying about splerging on a 2 credit meal though. I'm agonizing on whether or not CRT is "worth" it vs. Akershus. It's a toughie! Do you sacrifice an additional table service meal? Or bite the bullet & pay oop? :confused3

I'm only 8 months late to the PTR. Seriously doubt that is still in fashionable territorry.

Is an ADR the only way to get into the candlelight professionals? Seems odd they'd lock you down with food.

Love your stay cation idea. We are going to the beach for 4th of July and coming back mid week. Seriously considering taking the rest of the week off just to get my life in order.

Can't help you with the Candlelight Processional. I've only read about it here on the DIS.
Love the stay cation idea as well. Making those ADR's is so much fun. My hubs, who is not as Disney crazy as me, said "just go ahead and do what you want." that made my 180 day even more fun! So totally enjoy yours!

I get the "do what you want" line from DH, too, but if I ask him something specific, he tends to have more of an opinion than he thought. LOL.

My reasons for not worrying about candlelight processional are similar - not knowing the narrator far in advance, therefore not knowing if it's worth the hassle, and not wanting to waste tons of time in line. Sounds like a good option for a future solo trip, though. :)
I can't see myself doing it on a solo trip unless it was a narrator that I am crazy about. I do think my aunt would enjoy it though, she's more religious than I am. :goodvibes

And if you don't have excel at home, maybe look into downloading open office? It will allow you to work with your excel files, and, iirc, it's *free*. :)
You know, I looked into Open Office once! I can't remember what happened, but it wouldn't work for some reason and I scrapped the whole thing. My laptop is old and help together with duct tape and chewing gum pretty much, though. As soon as I save up everything I need for this trip, I'm buying a new one. I might try again then! :thumbsup2

i'm no help on the processional. we've never done it, i don't know much about it, and i always have a hard time using 2 credits for stuff.
Yeah, I don't think in all the times I've done the Dining Plan that I've ever been able to bring myself to spend 2 credits on anything. I'm frugal like that! :rotfl: The only two Signatures I've done have been CRT, and we we staying offsite and paying OOP for all our meals anyhow, and Le Cellier, but that was back when it was still only 1 credit.

Never even heard of that so I can't really say...but yeah...more planning would make my head spin lol...is it one of those things that you have to buy tickets for? I guess I could go look it up lazy...right? lol...I will go do that :)
Haha. :P Here's more info about it: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/candlelight-processional/

I've never done Candlelight Processional but it always sounds like fun. From what I've heard it's worth it to do the package.
That's what I've read, too! ::yes::

We did the Candlelight Processional back in 2009 but honestly I don't really remember any details such as who the narrator was or if we did a package meal with it... not much help, I know!
Well, did you at least enjoy it? :laughing:

i wish i could help.. but i am USELESS! sorry!!!
Oh, Mo... :sad2:

Hi Billie! I'll give you my thoughts on the CP :mic:
HOORAY! FINALLY SOME HELP! :rotfl2:

We've done it twice, both times in Nov. 2012. We were down for 10 days and had one set of friends there in the beginning of our trip who wanted to do it, and another set of friends who came later so we did it again with them.
I'm glad I've done it; don't need to do it again unless someone I LOVE ends up being a narrator while I happen to be there. BUT - it is beautiful whether you're particularly religious or not (we're......not so much). Since it tells the Christmas story it is religious as is the music; regardless of your beliefs the choir sounded absolutely beautiful. All the kids, ages 7-11 at the time, ended up quite bored :rolleyes1
Our 1st narrator was Geena Davis. Second time was Neil Patrick Harris whom I LOVE LOVE LOVE and he was awesome, made some jokes in the beginning and then his delivery of the whole narrative was just......better. Made it a different experience so I feel the narrator matters.
We did the CP dinner package both times and again, I think it's worth it depending on the narrator. People line up ridiculously early for more popular ones (like 11a.m. for NPH) so having the dining package is a plus. If it's someone not as popular you would still need to be prepared to get in line fairly early but not 6 hours early :scared1:
Yassss! See, this is EXACTLY what I'm worried about, the line for General Admission without the dining package! I've heard it can be brutal. (And while NPH would be my first choice, he historically does the first couple nights of December and will be long gone by the 10th... I'm so jealous you got to see him!) I'm not all that religious, but my aunt is, and I think she would love it if a good narrator is there that night. :goodvibes

If you think your Aunt would enjoy it, it's something you could mark off as having done yourself! Maybe when the narrators and CP dining packages are released you can turn your Biergarten ADR into a CP one?? I want to say Biergarten has participated in the past. Hope this helped a bit!
I think this is how I'm going to go with it. Just proceed with my ADRs as planned in a coupel weeks, and keep my eye out for announcements regarding Candlelight Processional narrators and dining packages, then decide. :thumbsup2

I've done the CP once and it was wonderful, the narrator didn't bother me as I've never normally heard of most of them anyway :rotfl2:
I'm glad you enjoyed it, at least!! It does seem interesting. :cutie:

I've heard you really do need the package but I was thinking, do they have a seperate queue for wheelchairs/scooters? If so you may not need the package :)
This is actually a brilliant suggestion! Since I'm not somebody who automatically defautls to using the ECV to try and circumvent waits or lines, I rarely think ahead that it might help me in some way. But you're right, in this case! And isn't the American Gardens Theatre bench-style seating, like the Fantasmic ampitheatre? I have to have back support if I'm going to be seated for more that half an hour or so. So I actually would need to be able to take my ECV in with me. I'm going to have to look into this more! :scratchin

Your spreadsheet is super awesome! I may have to copy it. :scratchin
If you'd like to PM me your email, I'm happy to send you a blank copy. ;) That's just my initial planning worksheet. Eventually it will get broken down into daily itinerary spreadsheets.

Only 2 weeks until ADRs!! Holy cow! This actually just made me nervous because that means I've got about a month to go! I really better get my act together! I love your choices. We went to Biergarten in 2012 and loved it. Isn't that one of the choices for the CP package? Some friends of ours did the CP a few years ago and just raved about it. I don't know who their narrator was but they enjoyed it quite a bit. I get what you're saying about splerging on a 2 credit meal though. I'm agonizing on whether or not CRT is "worth" it vs. Akershus. It's a toughie! Do you sacrifice an additional table service meal? Or bite the bullet & pay oop? :confused3
I think if I end up doing a CP dinner package, I'll let the 2 credits pay for it, and I'll just pay OOP for our breakfast at Boma on our departure morning. ::yes::

I'm only 8 months late to the PTR. Seriously doubt that is still in fashionable territorry.
I didn't think you even did the PTR thing! I'm shocked and thrilled that you're here, Kari! :hug:

Is an ADR the only way to get into the candlelight professionals? Seems odd they'd lock you down with food.
The other only way is to get in the Stand By line for 2-6 hours prior to the show, depending upon the popularity of the narrator. :eek:

Love your stay cation idea. We are going to the beach for 4th of July and coming back mid week. Seriously considering taking the rest of the week off just to get my life in order.
Dooo eeet! Everybody needs some downtime! I'm kinda being forced to take extra time away from the office throughout this year. I don't take enough time off in general, so at the start of this year, I had nearly 100 hours of my accrued vacation leave go into "Use or Lose" status, meaning if i don't use it by the end of the year, it's gone. So I'm taking a week of Staycation in June and another week in September, to use up what's left of the Use/Lose (I've got it down to 70 hours!), and then my week-and-a-half off that I'm taking in December (for this Disney trip) will come out of the vacation time I've been accruing through out THIS year, and even will that, I'll STILL have a chunk of hours (80 or so) that roll over to next year... but hopefully none in Use/Lose status. (It's a terrible problem to have, I know!) :rotfl:

Can't help you with the Candlelight Processional. I've only read about it here on the DIS.
Love the stay cation idea as well. Making those ADR's is so much fun. My hubs, who is not as Disney crazy as me, said "just go ahead and do what you want." that made my 180 day even more fun! So totally enjoy yours!
I think that "just go ahead and do what you want" might very well be my most favorite words in the English language. :rotfl2:

I get the "do what you want" line from DH, too, but if I ask him something specific, he tends to have more of an opinion than he thought. LOL.
Men, right? :laughing:

I didn't think you even did the PTR thing! I'm shocked and thrilled that you're here, Kari!
You clearly know me well and that I'm not a planner, but that doesn't hold me back from living vicariously through others. It's good to see how the other half (or should I say 95%) lives ; )
I don't take enough time off in general, so at the start of this year, I had nearly 100 hours of my accrued vacation leave go into "Use or Lose" status, meaning if i don't use it by the end of the year, it's gone
I'm a DoD civilian too, so I get to play the use or lose game myself. Speaking of which, you mentioned getting a military discount on your room. I thought only active duty and retired military qualified for those. Am I missing something?

Well, did you at least enjoy it? :laughing:

I think so? :rotfl2: Sometimes on these trips I'm so exhausted because we try to cram so much in that I end up feeling like they're a bit of a blur. I do remember loving all of the Christmas decorations at the different resorts, especially the cool gingerbread houses like this one at the Grand!

Gingerbread house at GF.jpg

I pondered the CP -- but I don't know. We're not religious at all, but I DO love Christmas. But I'm not sure I want to spend a load of extra money and time on something that is so somber. And based on these descriptions, it is not kid friendly and I'd have to set my one year old up with Doc McStuffins and headphones to get through it!

Dooo eeet! Everybody needs some downtime! I'm kinda being forced to take extra time away from the office throughout this year. I don't take enough time off in general, so at the start of this year, I had nearly 100 hours of my accrued vacation leave go into "Use or Lose" status, meaning if i don't use it by the end of the year, it's gone. So I'm taking a week of Staycation in June and another week in September, to use up what's left of the Use/Lose (I've got it down to 70 hours!), and then my week-and-a-half off that I'm taking in December (for this Disney trip) will come out of the vacation time I've been accruing through out THIS year, and even will that, I'll STILL have a chunk of hours (80 or so) that roll over to next year... but hopefully none in Use/Lose status. (It's a terrible problem to have, I know!) :rotfl:

Wow, how much vacation time do you get each year?? I only get two weeks right now (will go up to three in another year once I've been here 5 years) and it is hard for me to have any left over by year's end. I usually use one week every Christmas to go home since my family lives in a different state.

I'm a DoD civilian too, so I get to play the use or lose game myself. Speaking of which, you mentioned getting a military discount on your room. I thought only active duty and retired military qualified for those. Am I missing something?
Oh, guuuuuuurl. Only Active/Retired qualify for the deeply discounted military salute park tickets. DoD Civilians, however, totally 100% qualify for the military discounts on the WDW resorts (30% off Values, 35% off the Moderates, 40% off the Deluxes), as well as the military rates for Disney Cruise Line (amount off varies). You have to call to book the miltary rate, you can't do it online. And then you must present your CAC card at check-in, and you can't be a contractor. But barring that, you absolutely can get the military discount off your room, if it's available! I did it on my last two trips! :thumbsup2

I think so? :rotfl2: Sometimes on these trips I'm so exhausted because we try to cram so much in that I end up feeling like they're a bit of a blur. I do remember loving all of the Christmas decorations at the different resorts, especially the cool gingerbread houses like this one at the Grand!

I know how that it is! :lmao: But hey, if it's that much of a blur, that means you were doing it RIGHT!!! ::yes::

I pondered the CP -- but I don't know. We're not religious at all, but I DO love Christmas. But I'm not sure I want to spend a load of extra money and time on something that is so somber. And based on these descriptions, it is not kid friendly and I'd have to set my one year old up with Doc McStuffins and headphones to get through it!
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't take little ones to it. I would mainly just being doing it for my aunt, I think she would really enjoy it, depending on the narrator. I would pass on it if I were solo, I think. :rolleyes:

Wow, how much vacation time do you get each year?? I only get two weeks right now (will go up to three in another year once I've been here 5 years) and it is hard for me to have any left over by year's end. I usually use one week every Christmas to go home since my family lives in a different state.
I accrue just shy of 160 vacation hours annually, or approximately 4 weeks. It's pretty sweet... when I can actually use it. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter