It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

36 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Okaaaay, here we go! Our final park day... :cutie:

DAY 7 - Thursday, December 10 - Animal Kingdom/Epcot

Day%207%20-%20Dec.%2010.png

This is another day I want to try to start my day with real breakfast from Landscape of Flavors, rather than danishes and coffee in my room. We'll see how that goes!

Regardless, this morning is our glorious return to...

20140926_084428-1.jpg

Animal Kingdom, Part 2! This will be another Rope Drop kinda morning!

We'll stroll a little more leisurely through the Oasis and Discovery Island trails, peeping the animals along the way, then heading right for our first FP+ (9:10a-10:10a) for...

dinosaur.png

Debby will be sitting this one out, so hopefully she can find some trouble in Dinoland USA to get into. (Or just go through the queue with us, and then chicken exit it!)

From there I'll drag us through the Maharajah Jungle Trek so that I can commune with my babies...

20150426_111123-1-1.jpg

Afterwards, we'll head to our next FP+ (10:10a-11:10a), another Debby will sadly have to sit out, but Mark and I will do...

ee.png

Looking forward to visiting my bro dawg, Yeti. He and I are homies.

Hoping to be finished here in time to catch the 10:45am showing of...

flights.png

If it works out, this will be a first for me. And Aunt Debby really likes birds, so I think she would enjoy this. (It's my way of apologizing for all the things she can't ride this day.)

From there, we'll head to our final FP+ (11:15a-12:15p) for...

kali.jpg

This is another of those cases while I might be riding solo. I know Debby won't join me, and Mark may not be up for getting splashed. If that's the case, I'll like just send them to see Fights of Wonder while I do Kali on my own. I don't mind skipping the show, and it would be perfect for them to do rather than sitting around waiting on me. And lord knows I don't mind a little solo time. :cutie:

Afterwards, we're going to try to make it to another first for me, the 12pm showing of...

nemo.png

Another one I don't mind skipping if we run out of time, though. It would be nice to see once, and it's something that Debby can do!

Then I think it'll be juuuuust about lunch time. And I plan on revisiting an old favorite...

ftb.png

Flame Tree BBQ! Yum!

It should be about 1:30pm now, and time to head back to AoA for our midday break. I'm planning a full-belly nap once there!

By 4:30pm, we should be arriving for one final visit to...

EPCOT_ECENTR1_7056721303.jpeg

We'll spend time exploring the countries that we didn't get to previously (so by my estimation, we'll be seeing Mexico through Italy tonight), then being Germany for our 7:10 dinner ADR at...

biergarten.png

Biergarten! I always pass this one over when I'm solo because of my social anxiety and STRANGER DANGER. :scared: But my uncle loves German food, and my aunt is pretty outgoing and chatty, and they know about my issues, so Aunt Debby said that they'll protect me by putting me on the end of the table so I hopefully don't have to sit next to or across from scary strangers. :rotfl: Totally looking forward to the yummy noms and the show, though!

After dinner, I'll go scope us out a prime viewing locations for...

illuminations.png

Illuminations! My favorite! Just the music alone gets me all misty! :sad:

But is our evening over? HECK NO! It's EMH night, ya'll! I'm pointing Debby in the direction of MouseGears, and Mark and will be bee-lining it over to...

mission.png

After our rocket launch to Mars, we'll dip next door for...

test.jpg

And then we'll meet back up with Debby, and hopefully we'll have plenty of time to head over to visit with a purple dragon... Not even gonna lie, ya'll. Primarily only planning to try and squeeze this in because I fear the wrath of @Chicago Mo and @cajunfan .

figment2.jpg

And depending on time, I might try to sneak in one more trip on Soarin'. Just because I love it so. :lovestruc

Then we'll shuffle our tired butts back out to the bus stop, and catch our ride back to AoA, where we'll spend our seventh and final night in these rooms...

lm.png

Tomorrow... Breakfast and hittin' the road!

Last edited:
I've only done dining once before. So, I never considered a breakfast in the park before the park actually opens. Now my head is spinning! lol Definitely going to have to consider it. :D

Can't wait to feast on that breakfast lasagna and puffed french toast for the first time! And get a warm hug from Winnie the Pooh!

This sounds so awesome...as does any pre-park opening ADR...ONE DAY!!! That is just the best! So excited for you!

the Enchanted Tiki Room is. It's not a personal fave, but I think Debby might like it!

I didn't think much of this a few years ago but when I went with my DD on this last trip we both thought it was pretty cute.

The PeopleMover!!! But is this one I should be concerned about with Debby's motion sickness?

I can't imagine on the peoplemover...and I am sensitive to that. But if you are worried about it, just make sure they ride facing forwards, and don't be on their phones or anything while riding...that's a sure fire way to get queasy on anything that moves.

Great planning. I think it's so nice you are taking your aunt's restrictions into consideration. I like that you are giving her options to explore while she can't ride.

The last day sounds great. I have yet to try Flame Tree and I won't get to this trip either. We're doing Sanaa and Tusker House our two Animal Kingdom days. I will eventually get to eat there, even if it isn't until 2018 (or 2021), well as long as the restaurant doesn't close on me before I can.

Your MK day looks great! Busy, but great! Will keep my fingers crossed that everyone has enough energy for the day. I think Aunt Debbie should be ok on People mover as long as she is not going backwards. Never ever put us motion sick people going backwards....EVER. LOL Even though it goes into closed areas, they are very short and for the most part, the ride does not go that fast and is very open space which really helps with the motion sickness. You get lots of fresh air. Something you might try... since she won't take anything internally...You know the sunglasses that have the wide sides and restrict your peripheral vision? If you could find a light shade that could be worn inside, those might help. Something about only being able to see going forward helps with the brain processing the motion. If you think about being in a car, most motion sick people do ok in the front seat, but you put them in the back seat and they start to get sick. It is because they can not see out the front window but are seeing every thing from the sides. It messes with them and makes them sick.

Day 7 looks quite good too. I have always shied away from Park hopping, but I am leaning more and more to it. Thinking it would be nice to be able to plan dinner any where and not be restricted to just that park. The more I read TR's and PTR's I am being convinced they might be worth the extra $$

Afterwards, we're going to try to make it to another first for me, the 12pm showing of...

nemo.png

Another one I don't mind skipping if we run out of time, though. It would be nice to see once, and it's something that Debby can do!
Don't worry if you miss it, I was extremely disappointed in it. The lion king show is so amazing I had high expectations of this one and it was an epic fail. The staging and characters were good, but the songs they added were just plain bad.

Flame Tree BBQ! Yum!
Don't forget their amazing onion rings!!!!!!

Biergarten! I always pass this one over when I'm solo because of my social anxiety and STRANGER DANGER.
You take that anxiety and bratwurst all over it ; )

And then we'll meet back up with Debby, and hopefully we'll have plenty of time to head over to visit with a purple dragon... Not even gonna lie, ya'll. Primarily only planning to try and squeeze this in because I fear the wrath of @Chicago Mo and @cajunfan .
And don't forget the Casey wrath!

Tomorrow... Breakfast and hittin' the road!
I'm suddenly very sad your trip is over yet it hasn't even begun. #DisneyProblems

By this time it should be break time, and I'll have to make a decision. I know they'll want their afternoon break, so I'll definitely put them on a bus back to AoA. I love me some afternoon break-time, but I also reeeeeeeeeeeeally love the FoF parade. So I'll decide then and there, based on how I'm feeling, if I'm gonna head back to the room, or stick it out and stay in the park and just tell them what time to meet back up with me at. Because when they return, it'll be time for our dinner ADR (5:55pm) at...
We have only seen the FoF parade once because it is so hard to give up the precious nap time routine. I'm hoping to get over there when we are staying at WL in January.

Once the parade route clears, we'll make our way over to our final FP+ (9:35p) of the day, the Wishes viewing area! I want us in place and ready by 9:45p, so we won't miss...
I really liked the fp area. We were in the back of the section closest to Tomorrowland Terrace and no one was in front of us. It was great.

The PeopleMover!!! But is this one I should be concerned about with Debby's motion sickness? I've never ever thought of it in that way, it's so tame! But I think that I recall a few people saying they've had issues with parts of it...
The Peoplemover is one of our favorites. It really isn't any worse than taking a turn too fast in a car.

We had lunch at Pecos Bill's this past Sunday and I thought the new menu was pretty good. I had the southwest salad with chicken and then dumped guacamole and salsa on it from the fixings bar - yum. It just needed more tortilla strips to absorb some of the guacamole. ;)

For one of your Epcot days - have you considered Ellen's Energy Adventure. It is another one of the rides we really like, mostly because the story is cute. The only downside is that it is a bit long and it closes at 6pm, but it is something Aunt Debbie could ride.

Biergarten! I always pass this one over when I'm solo because of my social anxiety and STRANGER DANGER. :scared:

I'm the same way and only went on our last trip because my parents really like it. My mom is chatty with everyone so she got everyone at our table talking. Otherwise we probably would have all sat and ate in silence for the entire meal! :laughing:

Your trip plans are looking great and I'm SO jealous that it is just around the corner! You'll get to see all of the holiday decorations and the final year of the Osborne lights - lucky you! I wish I could plan a last minute trip but no can do. I will have to live vicariously through you - can't wait to read the TR when you get back!:banana:

Last edited:
Stranger Danger!! I laugh but this morning I booked the new Club Villain for DH and I in Jan. and when I read "stadium seating-your party may be seated with others" I was like "oh crap" :sad2: I know I won't be alone, and I DO like making conversation at Disney as long as I'm in the mood but not if I feel forced. But hey, it's villains :maleficen And for you, spaetzle!!!!!
Love your Flame Tree pic :thumbsup2 We're finally eating there next month!

36 days to go!! :ccat: Wowzers!
Looks like you've got a fantabulous trip planned, and really nice that you have so many good alternatives for your Aunt. I hope they absolutely love it.
There it is! The tiara! Love it! Hope to see more pics from this trip with it!
Flame tree BBQ looks great.....mmmmm.....meat.......:scratchin

As you should.

Agree!

I have yet to try Biergarten or Flame Tree. I am not a big German food person, and I really wanted FTB last May but that was when we ended up at Pizzafari...one of my least favorite restaurants. But it is on the agenda for Fall 2016! Actually right now both of them are. So we shall see!

Your plans sound great. Tell Aunt Debby to check out the money sucking games in Dinoland while you all ride Dinosaur...they are so much fun and who doesn't need a gazillion cheap stuffed dinos that you pay $20 bucks each for! LOL! I am a sucker for these games. They are just flat out fun. Plus the souvie shop there is not that great.

I love your final day plans :D
Me too! I love wrapping up a trip with Epcot and Illuminations. :cutie:

Our lunch at Biergarten a couple of years ago was pretty awesome! We really enjoyed the show and the food was good, too (especially the dessert in my memory) :D
I went once 10 years ago, just me and one other person who is also pretty shy. I honestly don't remember much about the food, only how awkward it was being sat with a party of six who pretty much acted like we didn't exist. We felt like we were intruding on their family dinner. :scared: I hoping it'll be different this time around!

Hope you guys really enjoy it - and I'm glad you have some buffer to deal with the stranger issue. One thing I'm glad about when we travel with my husband's family is that we're a group of 6, so that usually prevents any really weird table sharing situations :P
That definitely helps! :goodvibes

Well I think you've done a wonderful job of planning something for everyone - not an easy task, to be sure! You never know, maybe Auntie will be brave and want to do her own exploring in Animal Kingdom and Epcot while the daredevils whoop it up on the rides. Her Disney confidence should be up having been to the parks, so maybe she could review the park maps and make note of some of the things that pique her interest. Really, there's just so much to see. By that day, she might even just enjoy strolling around for a while herself or with her husband.
I hope she has a good time! I do worry about her getting bored, or sick of waiting around! :sad2:

I've only done dining once before. So, I never considered a breakfast in the park before the park actually opens. Now my head is spinning! lol Definitely going to have to consider it. :D
I've always read about pre-RD breakfast ADRs, but this is the first trip I'll be doing any. I'm excited! :hyper:

This sounds so awesome...as does any pre-park opening ADR...ONE DAY!!! That is just the best! So excited for you!
This will be my first time doing ADRs before the park opens. I'm sure I'll have much to say about it in the TR! :thumbsup2

I didn't think much of this a few years ago but when I went with my DD on this last trip we both thought it was pretty cute.
I'm not a fan! But, again, my aunt likes birds, and it's something she can do, so I'll definitely try to squeeze it in, if we can! :goodvibes

I can't imagine on the peoplemover...and I am sensitive to that. But if you are worried about it, just make sure they ride facing forwards, and don't be on their phones or anything while riding...that's a sure fire way to get queasy on anything that moves.
Fortunately she's not a smart phone person, so I don't think that'll be a problem. :thumbsup2

Great planning. I think it's so nice you are taking your aunt's restrictions into consideration. I like that you are giving her options to explore while she can't ride.
This honestly has been the most challenging part of planning this trip. I've had 13 months to come up with ideas, though. So I hope it all works out! :-)

The last day sounds great. I have yet to try Flame Tree and I won't get to this trip either. We're doing Sanaa and Tusker House our two Animal Kingdom days. I will eventually get to eat there, even if it isn't until 2018 (or 2021), well as long as the restaurant doesn't close on me before I can.
Flame Tree is GREAT... for a counter service place. Sanaa and Tusker both far surpass it overall, though. You'll definitely be happy with your choices! ::yes::

Your MK day looks great! Busy, but great! Will keep my fingers crossed that everyone has enough energy for the day. I think Aunt Debbie should be ok on People mover as long as she is not going backwards. Never ever put us motion sick people going backwards....EVER. LOL Even though it goes into closed areas, they are very short and for the most part, the ride does not go that fast and is very open space which really helps with the motion sickness. You get lots of fresh air. Something you might try... since she won't take anything internally...You know the sunglasses that have the wide sides and restrict your peripheral vision? If you could find a light shade that could be worn inside, those might help. Something about only being able to see going forward helps with the brain processing the motion. If you think about being in a car, most motion sick people do ok in the front seat, but you put them in the back seat and they start to get sick. It is because they can not see out the front window but are seeing every thing from the sides. It messes with them and makes them sick.
Wellllll... Normally, this would be a great idea. But unfortunately, another of her issues is due to some damage she's had to her nose, she can't where glasses of ANY kind. Anything resting on the bridge of her nose causes her pain. For shows like Mickey's Philharmagic and Muppets 3D, she's going to have to sit and hold the glass up off of her nose just a bit to watch. I think for TSMM, she will probably have to skip it, since she'll need both hands for operating the gun. :sad1:

Day 7 looks quite good too. I have always shied away from Park hopping, but I am leaning more and more to it. Thinking it would be nice to be able to plan dinner any where and not be restricted to just that park. The more I read TR's and PTR's I am being convinced they might be worth the extra $$
I love park hopping!!! I can't remember even not having hopper tickets. I love to switch it up halfway through the day. :D

Don't worry if you miss it, I was extremely disappointed in it. The lion king show is so amazing I had high expectations of this one and it was an epic fail. The staging and characters were good, but the songs they added were just plain bad.
Yeah, it's never had ANY appeal to me what so ever. I'm only keeping it open as an option because we're doing so much on this day that Debby has to sit out. But if we don't have time, I won't cry over it. :laughing:

Don't forget their amazing onion rings!!!!!!
I do love me some onion rings! :bitelip:

You take that anxiety and bratwurst all over it ; )
Oh, don't worry. In typically fat girl fashion, I have every intention of eating my feelings. :rotfl:

And don't forget the Casey wrath!
The scariest wrath of them all! :scared:

I'm suddenly very sad your trip is over yet it hasn't even begun. #DisneyProblems
Me too! And I still have 35 days until I arrive! :confused3

We have only seen the FoF parade once because it is so hard to give up the precious nap time routine. I'm hoping to get over there when we are staying at WL in January.
I finally saw it in April, and LOVED it! So I would loooove to see it again. I might really be hurting for that nap, though, so we'll see how it works out! :goodvibes

I really liked the fp area. We were in the back of the section closest to Tomorrowland Terrace and no one was in front of us. It was great.
I thought it was pretty cool when I did it in April! I wouldn't necessarily do it again, but it's important to me that Mark and Debby have a good spot for their first time seeing Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. ::yes::

The Peoplemover is one of our favorites. It really isn't any worse than taking a turn too fast in a car.
Good to know! And I'll definitely have her facing forward on it, too! :thumbsup2

We had lunch at Pecos Bill's this past Sunday and I thought the new menu was pretty good. I had the southwest salad with chicken and then dumped guacamole and salsa on it from the fixings bar - yum. It just needed more tortilla strips to absorb some of the guacamole. ;)
Mmm, that sounds yummy. I can't wait! :hyper:

For one of your Epcot days - have you considered Ellen's Energy Adventure. It is another one of the rides we really like, mostly because the story is cute. The only downside is that it is a bit long and it closes at 6pm, but it is something Aunt Debbie could ride.
I did consider it, but I ended up having to rule it out. It's soooo loooong and I'm trying to squeeze so very much into such a short amount of time. And the fact that it closes so early doesn't help matters any! :sad2:

I'm the same way and only went on our last trip because my parents really like it. My mom is chatty with everyone so she got everyone at our table talking. Otherwise we probably would have all sat and ate in silence for the entire meal! :laughing:
Awkward! :scared: I'm hoping it goes well! My aunt is pretty chatty too, so I'm counting on her to make up for my anti-social tendencies!

Your trip plans are looking great and I'm SO jealous that it is just around the corner! You'll get to see all of the holiday decorations and the final year of the Osborne lights - lucky you! I wish I could plan a last minute trip but no can do. I will have to live vicariously through you - can't wait to read the TR when you get back!:banana:
I seriously lucked out with the Osbourn Lights. Of course my trip was planned for my birthday well before the announcement about this being the last year for the lights, so when I found out, I was thrilled that I decided to do a birthday trip this year instead of a Fall trip. :cutie:

Stranger Danger!! I laugh but this morning I booked the new Club Villain for DH and I in Jan. and when I read "stadium seating-your party may be seated with others" I was like "oh crap" :sad2: I know I won't be alone, and I DO like making conversation at Disney as long as I'm in the mood but not if I feel forced. But hey, it's villains :maleficen And for you, spaetzle!!!!!
Sooooo worth it for the delicious noms, I hope! :goodvibes

Love your Flame Tree pic :thumbsup2 We're finally eating there next month!
I hope you love it! It's really good for a quick-service place! :bitelip:

36 days to go!! :ccat: Wowzers!
35 now! WOOOOOOO! :woohoo:

Looks like you've got a fantabulous trip planned, and really nice that you have so many good alternatives for your Aunt. I hope they absolutely love it.
There it is! The tiara! Love it! Hope to see more pics from this trip with it!
Hahaha! The tiara is actually starting to get a bit banged-up and worn out. I'll definitely wear it on my upcoming trip, but I don't know how often. We'll see! princess:

Flame tree BBQ looks great.....mmmmm.....meat.......:scratchin
Grilled fleshhhhhh. :rotfl:

No safari this day?!?!
We did it two days prior! (Yes, I would love to do it a second time, but there's just not enough hours in the day! :sad: )

As you should.
You ladies are terrifying over some Figment. :scared:

I have yet to try Biergarten or Flame Tree. I am not a big German food person, and I really wanted FTB last May but that was when we ended up at Pizzafari...one of my least favorite restaurants. But it is on the agenda for Fall 2016! Actually right now both of them are. So we shall see!
Yes! You get you your FTB next year, girl! :thumbsup2

Your plans sound great. Tell Aunt Debby to check out the money sucking games in Dinoland while you all ride Dinosaur...they are so much fun and who doesn't need a gazillion cheap stuffed dinos that you pay $20 bucks each for! LOL! I am a sucker for these games. They are just flat out fun. Plus the souvie shop there is not that great.
Hahaha. I'll definitely pass this onto her! :P

Fun last day plans!
If you do end up fitting in Soarin again please have in mind those of us who'll be missing it. I'm still crossing my fingers that somehow magically the Soarin refurb will be done by May (even though it's scheduled for summer). Although on the bright side it does free up an FP for Illuminations.
Also looking forward to FTB myself. Can't wait to sink my teeth into them ribs. Unless it's pork in which case I'll be majorly disappointed.

Fun last day plans!
If you do end up fitting in Soarin again please have in mind those of us who'll be missing it. I'm still crossing my fingers that somehow magically the Soarin refurb will be done by May (even though it's scheduled for summer). Although on the bright side it does free up an FP for Illuminations.
Also looking forward to FTB myself. Can't wait to sink my teeth into them ribs. Unless it's pork in which case I'll be majorly disappointed.

I'm still holding out minor hope they don't start the refurb till later in January. We get there 8 days after it is closing down for refurb. On the plus side, we can do it when we go to Disneyland next December.

DAY 7 - Thursday, December 10 - Animal Kingdom/Epcot

Day%207%20-%20Dec.%2010.png

Now, you know that I love a good spreadsheet. But my OCD is SCREAMING at me that the top of your Excel sheet here reads "Hollywood Studios/Epcot".

rom there I'll drag us through the Maharajah Jungle Trek so that I can commune with my babies...

20150426_111123-1-1.jpg

Sigh. I could spend hours watching these pretty babies.

Hoping to be finished here in time to catch the 10:45am showing of...

flights.png

If it works out, this will be a first for me. And Aunt Debby really likes birds, so I think she would enjoy this. (It's my way of apologizing for all the things she can't ride this day.)

Now this just won't be happening. Like, ever. Birds are my one true fear in life.

Like screaming and running away kind of terror. But I think the boys would really love this so I may send my parents with them at some point. And that will just leave me to check out the single rider line for EE!

Biergarten! I always pass this one over when I'm solo because of my social anxiety and STRANGER DANGER. :scared: But my uncle loves German food, and my aunt is pretty outgoing and chatty, and they know about my issues, so Aunt Debby said that they'll protect me by putting me on the end of the table so I hopefully don't have to sit next to or across from scary strangers. :rotfl: Totally looking forward to the yummy noms and the show, though!

I feel you 100%. I don't mind talking to strangers in general but I don't like forced situations. I'm glad you get to experience this with a buffer! I've heard the Christmas decorations are really fun!

Fun night in Epcot! Illuminations and all the fun in Future World are a great way to wrap up your trip!

I went once 10 years ago, just me and one other person who is also pretty shy. I honestly don't remember much about the food, only how awkward it was being sat with a party of six who pretty much acted like we didn't exist. We felt like we were intruding on their family dinner. :scared: I hoping it'll be different this time around!

That would be an awkward situation. I can see how you would definitely feel out of place. I don't think I would like that set up.

Your plans look great. Spread sheets awesome. Your next month is going to go so fast. Are you getting a little anxious with anticipation. I always find Christmas is a special time to visit.

I need to get my act together and get everything in one place. I have only 48 days left to get in gear. I have everything planned but not organize like I should. You put me to shame.

Last park day :sad:

However the plans look great! Any day that ends with (or has) illuminations in it is good in my book! Honestly I love that freaking show!

Excited to hear how the berigarden is too!

Speaking of food flame tree looks to die for!!! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter