• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

You're going to Disney THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Take a week off the boards and I end up 4 pages behind! Anyways yay single digits! Yay packing! I'm super jealous of all the people who get to go to Fisney before me!

Oh and yay BoG dinner time working out. I admit I am not a parade person. They bore me, hides head in shame, unless the minions insist we'll be skipping then. Though I do like the fireworks for wishes so we may do that one night, if they aren't too grumpy.

So I fell a bit behind but I'm all caught up now!! You leave this week!!! I hope you plan on posting some live updates on FB...I'm definitely experiencing some Disney Blues!!

We'll be in Disney late on the 9th too! We'll be coming from a late California Grill reservation so will only be there from like 11:30 until closing. Hope we see you!

I am so EXCITED for you!

Great job on the cleaning and packing!

I would be flat out worn out by your new schedule, but knowing that you are a night owl this sounds like a great plan for you all!

I hope this week flies by for you!

Lynn

Great packing job. Your initial packing list was a little overwhelming but I see that it is indeed not a truckload in actual fact. Five more days for you. :woohoo:
I know it looked like a lot, but it was just SUPER itemized to make sure I didn't forget any little tiny thing. (Which I'm sure that I still have. But I did try my best not to!) :cutie:

That looks good! I gotta get me one of those! It's probably way easier than that stupid Rug Doctor machine we rent once a year.
I was surprised how good of a job it did! I hope the cats take their sweet time messing it back up, though... :cat: :sad2:

Yay! So nice of Butters and Harley to help. I'm sure their help sped up the packing process!! (Or slowed it down significantly, because cats are above such things as time).
Slowed it down. Butters was mostly okay, but when I had all my toiletries etc spread out over the bed while I organized and found places for them, Harley kept insist on walking all through them and over them He may have gotten scooped up and launched more than once... :rolleyes1 :cat: :laughing:

Definitely essentials. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to try to bubble wrap a few and stuff them in my suitcase (I'm trying to figure out if I want to do that to a bottle of wine too). Assuming I have room in my suitcase, which I don't think I will. This stupid 3oz liquid rule (plus airport prices) really makes flying no fun.
They definitely need to be in the tote bag, though ... you don't want to worry about them breaking or opening or anything in the big suitcase!
Exactly! And this is where I'm thankful to be driving rather than flying, so I can be as gentle with the precious Starbucks cargo as needed. :rotfl:

Those Bissell cleaners rock! I got one this summer. Aren't you glad the kitties supervised your packing, lol. They were just making sure you didn't forget anything.

Just a few more sleeps and you're off!
4 more sleeps!!! Can you believe it? SO EXCITED! :hyper:

We have one of those carpet cleaners in the basement but I have been too lazy to use it.
It's so worth the effort, though! It didn't seem like that much work, either! It did just as good of job as the professional carpet cleaning I had done 2 years ago. :thumbsup2

Our cat always laid in the suitcase, too. He would get very upset when we brought the suitcases out, so I would gather everything together but not put it in the suitcase until the morning we left.
Mine don't get upset by the suitcases, they just get extremely curious, and want to be in the middle of everything. And anytime there's empty suitcases or boxes in this house, Butters and/or Harley have to jump in them and hang out for a while. Because cats. :cat::cat:

Do you take the Starbucks in your carry on?
Well, it's in what I suppose is a carry-on bag, yes. But being that I drive rather than fly, I guess ALL of my luggage is "carry on." :rotfl:

Yahoo!!!!!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Congrats on getting your cleaning and packing done! Wow, you will be there before you know it!! :hyper:

And now I'm off to do an online search for that carpet cleaner! :thumbsup2
Here it is! :goodvibes Click: Bissell ProHeat 2X Advanced Carpet Cleaner

Well I always recommend a beauty day to start off a trip on the right note, and bonus it will be your birthday! Oh how I wish I was tagging along!
I wish you were too, we would have FUN! I love have a pamper dya before leaving for Disney. I still need to pick out how I want to have them done, though! Going to look at Disney nail art online and hopefully find something they can do for me! :cutie:

You're going to Disney THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif
4 MORE SLEEPS!
68PjpyZmvv2mI.gif

Take a week off the boards and I end up 4 pages behind! Anyways yay single digits! Yay packing! I'm super jealous of all the people who get to go to Fisney before me!
Your trip will be here before you know it, girl! ::yes::

Oh and yay BoG dinner time working out. I admit I am not a parade person. They bore me, hides head in shame, unless the minions insist we'll be skipping then. Though I do like the fireworks for wishes so we may do that one night, if they aren't too grumpy.
I've always loved Disney's night-time parades (OOOH, SHINY), but I've always had ZERO interest in the daytime parades... Until the current one. Festival of Fantasy is absolutely STUNNING!!! I was shocked by how good it is! So I'm really excited to see it again. :hyper:

So I fell a bit behind but I'm all caught up now!! You leave this week!!! I hope you plan on posting some live updates on FB...I'm definitely experiencing some Disney Blues!!
On my solo trips, I FLOOD my FB page with photos. :laughing: Don't know if I'll be posting AS much with Mark & Debby along, but I'm quite certain will still be live updating happening. :thumbsup2

We'll be in Disney late on the 9th too! We'll be coming from a late California Grill reservation so will only be there from like 11:30 until closing. Hope we see you!
If you see a big fat lady with short brown hair and glasses cruising around on a pink scooter, don't be afraid to say hi! :P

I am so EXCITED for you!

Great job on the cleaning and packing!

I would be flat out worn out by your new schedule, but knowing that you are a night owl this sounds like a great plan for you all!

I hope this week flies by for you!

Lynn
I'm sure I'll be super worn out, too! But that's what Disney is for, right?! :D This week better motor, because I need to be at DISNEY already!!! :hyper:

You are sooo close!!! Yay!!! So excited for you!!

Do ya'll see any flaws in this plan? I've only had a day or so to think through it

The plan looks great. The only flaw I see is that I would be wiped well before 1am lol. But at least you have a break built in and...I hope you don't have a super early day the next day, can't remember! But in any case...it will be awesome and you can sleep after Disney lol

Well I leave for Disney tomorrow, I will be looking for sightings of you scooting around while I'm down there!!!! I hope you have a great birthday and a great trip!

Happy Birthday! Safe travels! I'm really far behind - have been off the boards for a couple months, but logged back in this weekend and managed to avoid cleaning last night by reading 34 pages of your PTR instead. So far I know the password is TIARA, I need to find a picture with me wearing a Tiara, I'm currently experiencing the headache of the park hours I need not being released yet, and I'm 10 days out from ADRs. And you also need a picture of the dog. (I'm actually really enjoying this PTR!)
When you compared last year's park hours to the ones you need, did you go by date or day of the week? We are going in June.

You are sooo close!!! Yay!!! So excited for you!!
I'm pretty excited for me, too! :hyper:

The plan looks great. The only flaw I see is that I would be wiped well before 1am lol. But at least you have a break built in and...I hope you don't have a super early day the next day, can't remember! But in any case...it will be awesome and you can sleep after Disney lol
Let's face it, we all know I don't sleep in my bed at Disney anyway, so why rush back to it? Might as well stay out and play, right? :thumbsup2

Well I leave for Disney tomorrow, I will be looking for sightings of you scooting around while I'm down there!!!! I hope you have a great birthday and a great trip!
Have an AWESOME trip!!! Definitely say hi if you see me! I don't exactly blend in! :laughing:

Happy Birthday! Safe travels! I'm really far behind - have been off the boards for a couple months, but logged back in this weekend and managed to avoid cleaning last night by reading 34 pages of your PTR instead. So far I know the password is TIARA, I need to find a picture with me wearing a Tiara, I'm currently experiencing the headache of the park hours I need not being released yet, and I'm 10 days out from ADRs. And you also need a picture of the dog. (I'm actually really enjoying this PTR!)
:welcome: Awww, you're adorable, and I'm so glad you're enjoying my ramblings! And I'm more than happy to excuse you from housework ANY time! :P

When you compared last year's park hours to the ones you need, did you go by date or day of the week? We are going in June.
Pssst. You're welcome. ;) Click for June 2016 Park Hours!

I'm pretty excited for me, too! :hyper:

Let's face it, we all know I don't sleep in my bed at Disney anyway, so why rush back to it? Might as well stay out and play, right? :thumbsup2

Have an AWESOME trip!!! Definitely say hi if you see me! I don't exactly blend in! :laughing:

:welcome: Awww, you're adorable, and I'm so glad you're enjoying my ramblings! And I'm more than happy to excuse you from housework ANY time! :P

Pssst. You're welcome. ;) Click for June 2016 Park Hours!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
THANK YOU DARLIN'!

So excited for you! :jumping1: I hope this week flies by for you! Your plans sound amazing! I can't wait to read your trip report. I hope you have the best time. Happy Birthday!:bday:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! May your stay seem long, and lines be short, and may every memory last forever!

We'll be there June 4th to 8th. We got the free dining bounce back and a whole bunch of us will be there. :)

Oh that's awesome Sue! i had no idea so many would be down there at the same time! Hey Billie, how 'Bout a quick June weekend trip, eh? :sunny:

OK, a carpet cleaner may be going on my wish list now - seems like a good investment, especially since we are living in apartments for the foreseeable future. The fee to clean the carpets in my last place was awful!

Love that you've got everything packed in cute matching luggage :) Also, thanks for reminding me about how much I need to catch up on Once Upon a Time! We had been watching on Netflix and definitely stopped at some point, but I want to know what the heck is going on every time I accidentally see a commercial for the current season :P

3 days!!! But really more like 2 if you're leaving Friday, right? I hope you have a fabulous birthday and a wonderful trip! :D

Hey Billie! Just did a quick catch up :) We got back Sat. night from our Thanksgiving-in-Disney trip so (as usual) I was behind.......
Happy early birthday and I hope the next couple days fly by for you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter