• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

I'll be doing another one in about 10 months, so I'm with you! I'm thinking either a Halloween band, or something that SPARKLES!!! :cutie:

We did glow in the dark ones. Perfect for Halloween! Sparkles go with EVERYTHING, so that too would be an excellent choice. I like your taste!

Yay, love the MBs! Very fun designs for all of you!

The Disney on Ice show looks amazing! Mickey and Minnie are so cute. And those princes and princesses are pretty amazing! What a fun night!

I am caught up now! I love the Magic Bands! They look awesome! Have to look into doing it for DH and myself!
That is really adorable you wore tiaras to Disney on Ice! That looks like a fun show, I'd totally have to check it out when it's in my area. My nieces will really enjoy it I think.

I like it!
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Do you follow Matt bellassai on Facebook? He does whine about it Wednesday and today is reasons why wearing pants is the absolute worst!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1000780216649522&id=841239515936927
Do you know that 3 people linked this video to me? Two via my threads here, and one via FB? :rotfl: My reputation for hating pants has spread far and wide!

We did glow in the dark ones. Perfect for Halloween! Sparkles go with EVERYTHING, so that too would be an excellent choice. I like your taste!
I was tempted by the glow in the dark ones! So cute! I'm so very partial to glitter, though... princess:

Yay, love the MBs! Very fun designs for all of you!
Thanks! I think we all chose well! :cutie:

The Disney on Ice show looks amazing! Mickey and Minnie are so cute. And those princes and princesses are pretty amazing! What a fun night!
It was really need to watch them! I'll definitely go again next year! :goodvibes

2 weeks!! 2 weeks!!! 2 weeks!!! Yay yay yay!!! Are you all ready??

giphy-1-gif.136206

giphy-gif.136207
Hahaha! Not really. But I will be, I swear it! ::yes::

I am caught up now! I love the Magic Bands! They look awesome! Have to look into doing it for DH and myself!
I really like the company I ordered the decals from. Tons of options, you can even design your own, fast shipping, and everybody I've dealt with from there has been SUPER nice. :goodvibes Highly recommend magicyourband.com !

That is really adorable you wore tiaras to Disney on Ice! That looks like a fun show, I'd totally have to check it out when it's in my area. My nieces will really enjoy it I think.
Dooo eeet! It's a fun time! :-)

14 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

So I've been trying to post an update all week, but it just hasn't happened. Honestly though, there's not a whole lot left to write about this trip at this point! I'm excited. I'm nervous. And I still haven't started packing yet, if you can believe it! I've been so excited for the last year, and then just in the last week or so, I've just kinda fallen into a strange Disney slump. How crazy is that? :sad2: So weird.

I'm sure that'll all change soon, though. Because we'll be on our way in just TWO WEEKS from today!!! :hyper:

5B6MWZsS1iZby.gif

Last week I did sit down and print everything out, and created one MASTERPLAN of a binder...

20151120_195711-1_1.jpg

Usually I just stuff all my print-outs in a pocket folder that travels with me, but I found that there were times it would get a bit cumbersome to find what I needed. So I thought I'd up my organization game this time. Plus, I figure Aunt Debby and Uncle Mark might enjoy flipping through it!

20151120_195918-1.jpg

binder.jpg

binder2.jpg

20151120_200251.jpg

Just a deeper glimpse into my planning madness for ya'll. :crazy2: :cutie:

Another nice thing is that today was the last day of my last full week of work before the trip. I work Mon-Wed next week, then off through the weekend for the Thanksgiving holiday. The following week, I was only supposed to work Mon-Wed, as Thursday is my birthday and was to be my first day off in my vacation. However, yesterday it comes to our attention that not one but two of my colleagues scheduled doctor's appointments for that day, which left us with an office with no staff. :mad: So, being the AMAZING EMPLOYEE AND PERSON that I am, I offered to come in that morning for a few hours to cover until one of them could make it in. So much for sleeping late on my birthday! But at least I'll be able to take off as soon as she relieves me, and I'll get lots of brownie points for being such a good TEAM PLAYER. :thumbsup2

This weekend will be dedicated to cleaning and packing! ...Starting tomorrow. :laughing: Tonight, I'm just gonna stay here in my recliner being as lazy as I possibly can, with my feet up and at minimum one cat snuggled up to me. I have one now, Butters is cuddled up to my legs in his favorite spot...

2015-11-20%2019.36.48.jpg

Pardon the scattered cat toys all over the living room. I'm owned by two tiny furry toddlers. :cat: Oh, Right after I snapped the above pic just now, Harley suddenly leapt into my lap and got in on the snuggly photo-taking action, and gave me this look before settling in...

20151120_190833-2.jpg

He's such a camera hoe. :sad2: :rotfl:

That's all I got for tonight. Come back on Wednesday for some SINGLE DIGIT DANCIN'! :woohoo:

Last edited:

So I thought I'd up my organization game this time. Plus, I figure Aunt Debby and Uncle Mark might enjoy flipping through it!
That is one impressive binder. My daughter had a binder for her trip, but it wasn't anywhere as nice as yours is. ::yes::

But at least I'll be able to take off as soon as she relieves me, and I'll get lots of brownie points for being such a good TEAM PLAYER. :thumbsup2
I hope you do get lots of brownie points. I had to sacrifice something at work in order to be a team player, and I really didn't like doing it, but it did make me look good. :thumbsup2

I'm sure that'll all change soon, though. Because we'll be on our way in just TWO WEEKS from today!!! :hyper:

WOO HOO :banana::jumping3::Pinkbounc:cool1:

Oh my! Very impressive. I'll be asking for tips as my date gets closer.

So much for sleeping late on my birthday!

That sucks. At least Disney will be around the corner....

Oh, Right after I snapped the above pic just now, Harley suddenly leapt into my lap and got in on the snuggly photo-taking action, and gave me this look before settling in...

:rotfl:

Usually I just stuff all my print-outs in a pocket folder that travels with me, but I found that there were times it would get a bit cumbersome to find what I needed. So I thought I'd up my organization game this time.

I love this binder!! I might get some weird looks from my husband for carrying one around - but it's so cute and organized!!! I might have to try it for our May trip :P

Still love it! We've been making itinerary spreadsheets, but I love yours! So colorful and organized :)

Come back on Tuesday for some SINGLE DIGIT DANCIN'! :woohoo:

Woo hoo!!! So so so exciting :D

Do you know that 3 people linked this video to me? Two via my threads here, and one via FB? :rotfl: My reputation for hating pants has spread far and wide!
Did you find it funny? I think he is ridiculous but in a funny good way!

I hear you in the Disney slump sometimes that just happens... We plan plan plan analyze and then it's almost like the trip arriving kinda doesn't seem right. At least that's how it feels for me sometimes.

You'll be excited ounces it's time to go! 11 days! If my nah is right it's a weekend I don't math on weekends I take off.

Love your binder amazing! :flower1:

All caught up now! Your trip is so close! I love Disney on Ice...it combines my two favorite things..Disney Magic and skating, though I'm better at watching the skating, lol.

You are an impressive organizer.

Your cats are so cute. That is nice of you to hold the fort down at work and on your birthday. I hope they realize this and bring a treat back for you. A birthday cupcake would be sweet.

Your trip is coming fast now. Some Christmas music might help get you out of your slump.

:dancer::jumping1::jumping1::dancer:

Holy binder batman ; ) Looks like you'll be one ultra organized birthday girl and I'm sure your Aunt and Uncle will love going through it. Speaking of birthdays, team player doesn't even begin to describe you going in on your birthday. I sure do hope they appreciate you. I typically don't work my birthday but had to this year. Not sure why everyone didn't get the memo on the national holiday that is the day of my birth.

Less than 2 weeks now!!

Last week I did sit down and print everything out, and created one MASTERPLAN of a binder...

Holy cow, that is one amazing binder.
Don't get me wrong, I have a Disney planning binder of my own, but mine is way less intense. You are the Disney binder master. It's official.

The following week, I was only supposed to work Mon-Wed, as Thursday is my birthday and was to be my first day off in my vacation. However, yesterday it comes to our attention that not one but two of my colleagues scheduled doctor's appointments for that day, which left us with an office with no staff. :mad: So, being the AMAZING EMPLOYEE AND PERSON that I am, I offered to come in that morning for a few hours to cover until one of them could make it in. So much for sleeping late on my birthday! But at least I'll be able to take off as soon as she relieves me, and I'll get lots of brownie points for being such a good TEAM PLAYER. :thumbsup2

What? Working on your birthday is so uncool. I hope your coworkers appreciate you!

I'll be back on Tuesday (okay, probably not because I've been super behind lately) for the single digit dance!!

That binder is insane!! I'm not worthy... :worship:

Less than two weeks to go - aaahhh!! So excited for you!! :hyper:

That binder is a thing of beauty!! Love it!! I can't believe you are two weeks out!! I have been following along since you started planning this trip....in between I went on my trip and you were still planning lol I'm so excited for you to see it all happen...with all your amazing ADR's and plans!! So awesome!! But yeah I can see how a slump is possible when all the planning is done and you just have to wait it out. But soon...so sooon!!!

just in the last week or so, I've just kinda fallen into a strange Disney slump. How crazy is that? :sad2: So weird.

I get that, totally! The planning is half the fun for us over obsessive types and when the planning is all said and done and there is nothing to do but wait it's kind of a bummer! Thankfully you've got trip # 2 to start on when you get back!

Last week I did s

Wowzers that's one heck of a binder! I'm impressed!

yesterday it comes to our attention that not one but two of my colleagues scheduled doctor's appointments for that day,

Seriously?? Like the low person on the totem pole couldn't have re-scheduled their appointment so you didn't have to work on your birthday? That's kind of a bummer. :scared: I hope you get super duper brownie points for that one.

In happier news... Tomorrow, tomorrow, we'll start the day tomorrow with a

Single digit dance party!!!!!! :cool1:

I found a good picture for you a minute ago.

no%20pants.jpg
I love this image! I know I posted it in this thread months and months ago, too. Right around the time I first started ranting about wearing pants. :rotfl: So you're totally right, it's perfect for me!

That is one impressive binder. My daughter had a binder for her trip, but it wasn't anywhere as nice as yours is. ::yes::
I'm obsessed. :laughing:

I hope you do get lots of brownie points. I had to sacrifice something at work in order to be a team player, and I really didn't like doing it, but it did make me look good. :thumbsup2
See? We're awesome and deserve ALL the brownie points, Sue! ::yes::

11 days now! :hyper:

Oh my! Very impressive. I'll be asking for tips as my date gets closer.
Please do, I'm happy to help! :goodvibes

That sucks. At least Disney will be around the corner....
11 more days! :hyper:

I love this binder!! I might get some weird looks from my husband for carrying one around - but it's so cute and organized!!! I might have to try it for our May trip :P
Depends on where you carry it, probably. It wont be going to the parks with me. It's more just a master copy of everything important, should there be a crisis and I need to refer to it, I'll go grab it from the car (which is probably where it will live, since it has printed out directions for each occasion that we'll be driving somewhere for something). I do have addition printed daily itineraries to slip in my park bag each day. :thumbsup2

Still love it! We've been making itinerary spreadsheets, but I love yours! So colorful and organized :)
Thanks! I'm pretty please with it! :cutie:

Woo hoo!!! So so so exciting :D
11 more days! :hyper:

Did you find it funny? I think he is ridiculous but in a funny good way!
I laughed and laughed and laughed, then re-shared it on Facebook. :rotfl:

I hear you in the Disney slump sometimes that just happens... We plan plan plan analyze and then it's almost like the trip arriving kinda doesn't seem right. At least that's how it feels for me sometimes.
Well, I need to get over it, because I reeeeeally need to start packing. It's going to be quite a chore and I'm going to need a good headstart on it! :scared:

You'll be excited ounces it's time to go! 11 days! If my nah is right it's a weekend I don't math on weekends I take off.
Today is 11 days, actually! My math was off in the original post! Single digit day isn't until Wednesday! OOPS! :oops:

Love your binder amazing! :flower1:
Thank yoooou! :-)

All caught up now! Your trip is so close! I love Disney on Ice...it combines my two favorite things..Disney Magic and skating, though I'm better at watching the skating, lol.
Yeah, I'm way better at watching, too. Graceful I certainly am not. :rotfl:

You are an impressive organizer.
Thank you kindly! I prefer "impressive organizer" to "crazy OCD." :laughing:

Your cats are so cute. That is nice of you to hold the fort down at work and on your birthday. I hope they realize this and bring a treat back for you. A birthday cupcake would be sweet.
Cupcake? I expect an entire sheet cake for this one! :bitelip:

Your trip is coming fast now. Some Christmas music might help get you out of your slump.

:dancer::jumping1::jumping1::dancer:
I'm trying to avoid Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving! I don't want to be Christmas'd out before the trip, much less before real Christmas! :santa:

Holy binder batman ; ) Looks like you'll be one ultra organized birthday girl and I'm sure your Aunt and Uncle will love going through it.
I hope so! :thumbsup2

Speaking of birthdays, team player doesn't even begin to describe you going in on your birthday. I sure do hope they appreciate you. I typically don't work my birthday but had to this year. Not sure why everyone didn't get the memo on the national holiday that is the day of my birth.
Seriously, dude! It should be illegal for folks to work on their birthdays. It's just not right! :sad2:

It's just your brain taking a little rest, so that there is no Disney burn out before you arrive!
I like this theory! It's better than the "God, I'm so dang lazy" theory I've been working with. :D

That is totally wicked! It would scare DH if I did that, but it will be excellent for your aunt and uncle to be able to look over the plans and information.
Everytime I see a comment about how somebody's DH would be worried/scared if they did some of the things I do, it just reminds me how happy I am to be single. :rotfl: :thumbsup2

Yay for short weeks!
Seriously! Definitely will make the next 11 days moves along better! ::yes::

Well, we already all knew that here! :flower: Of course, I worked the evening shift on my birthday last week, so bonus karma points all around!
Yay for building up birthday karma! :goodvibes

Less than 2 weeks now!!
11 days!!! :hyper:

Holy cow, that is one amazing binder.
Don't get me wrong, I have a Disney planning binder of my own, but mine is way less intense. You are the Disney binder master. It's official.
Nah, I'm just obsessed and have too much time on my hands. :rotfl:

What? Working on your birthday is so uncool. I hope your coworkers appreciate you!
They better, dang it! I'm always bailing people out around here! :sad2:

I'll be back on Tuesday (okay, probably not because I've been super behind lately) for the single digit dance!!
Please be late! I messed up! My single digit day is actually on Wednesday, not Tuesday! WHOOPSIE! :oops:

That binder is insane!! I'm not worthy... :worship:
It came from an insane brain, so... :rotfl:

Less than two weeks to go - aaahhh!! So excited for you!! :hyper:
11 days now! :hyper:

That binder is a thing of beauty!! Love it!! I can't believe you are two weeks out!! I have been following along since you started planning this trip....in between I went on my trip and you were still planning lol I'm so excited for you to see it all happen...with all your amazing ADR's and plans!! So awesome!! But yeah I can see how a slump is possible when all the planning is done and you just have to wait it out. But soon...so sooon!!!
Don't forget that I did sneak in that quick 3-night trip in April while this PTR was happening. This trip has been a very looooong 14 months in planning! :P

I get that, totally! The planning is half the fun for us over obsessive types and when the planning is all said and done and there is nothing to do but wait it's kind of a bummer! Thankfully you've got trip # 2 to start on when you get back!
Maybe that's it, who knows! Usually I'm eager to start packing, at least. I'm just being SUPER LAZY about it now that it's time to get moving! :faint:

Wowzers that's one heck of a binder! I'm impressed!
Thanks! It's pretty intense, right? :rotfl:

Seriously?? Like the low person on the totem pole couldn't have re-scheduled their appointment so you didn't have to work on your birthday? That's kind of a bummer. :scared: I hope you get super duper brownie points for that one.
Nope. Both are surgical consults that can't be moved until after the holidays and shouldn't wait, apparently. Go figure. :confused3 So yeah, I best be wrackin' up those brownie points for sure! ::yes::

In happier news... Tomorrow, tomorrow, we'll start the day tomorrow with a

Single digit dance party!!!!!! :cool1:
No no no, not tomorrow! Wednesday! I messed up counting when I wrote my post. My single digit day is Wednesday. (Tomorrow, Tuesday, I'm still only at 10 days. Ooops! :oops: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter