It's my Birthday & I Celebrated! Lots of photos, food and fun! Updated 9/23

Oh that desserts looks so good!!
It's deadly!!

For reals! Mouth-watering!

drooling-emoticon.gif

That cookie looks sooo good! Yum!

Oh it was!! As evidenced by my inability to stop eating it!!

Man, those cookie bakes are delicious beyond words!! Great update Paula. You can do it ;)

Uh-huh!! So much to go!!

As we headed into DCA we again headed to Grizzly River Rapids as we had just completed our Splash Mountain voyage. Even though we hadn't gotten very wet on Splash and there had been some time in between we figured now would be the best time!

This time when I went to get a locker there was one available so we stashed our items and I think it was a good thing we did this time!

Kim after!
ry%3D400

From Grizzly River Rapids it was off to Flik's Fun Fair in a a Bug's Land!

Some bugs on straws!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The first ride to catch our attention was Flik's Flyers!

The DETAIL on this ride is AMAZING!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Taking flight...
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We soon returned to the ground and were off to our next bug adventure...

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This ride can SERIOUSLY whip you around a little bit! Hang on tight or you will fly all around your seat!!

From there we went HERE:
ry%3D400

But for some reason they weren't letting people on at the moment so instead we went here!
ry%3D400

which will continue in the next post due to the pictures I have!!

That cookie bake at the BBQ is sooooooo good!!!

I rarely see a princess out from PFF or Ariel's......nice!!

I don't even try to take pics on BTMRR, I take some while in line.....but I'm having way too much fun to try & snap an on-ride photo!!!

Bug's Land is so cute!!! I've never done the bumper cars....but the kids have. I always feel a bit "big" for the little rides there.....lol

AS I left off we were going to be getting on Heimlich's Chew Chew train...
Now for those of you who avoid Bug's Land because it is all kiddie rides you are missing out!! This ride... while short is so fun and cute!

The Caterpillar-train before ours...
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

CANDY CORN!!!
ry%3D400

Some other scenery around Bug's Land!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After Heimlichs we headed to Tower of Terror... from cute rides to anxious terrifying rides!!

We were doing ToT again as the first time we rode it we were unable to obtain physical proof as our photo didn't come up!!

So we went again... Unfortunatly as we were in the library my phone alarm went off... it was time to check Kim in for her flight the next day :guilty: The cell phone signal in that building is SO NOT good so it was difficult but I finally managed to get her checked in!

Photo Proof!
ry%3D400

After Tower of Terror I was concerned we were running out of time to use our California Screamin' Fastpasses so we hiked it over there!

Only to get on our coaster... and have the ride close down :headache: I was so sad... no last trip on my favorite ride with my best friend!!

So then we headed BACK to bug's land as the waits for everything else on Paradise Pier were a little on the long side and we wanted to finish Bug's Land and head on back to DL.

We had to have a ride on Tuck N Roll's Ride Em buggies!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And then it was time to leave the land of bugs...
ry%3D400

With one final stop in DCA.

We had to ride one more Smell O Ride! It was time to take a flight over California in Soarin!

Of course no pics here so you will have to take my word that it was an amazing flight!

That cookie bake at the BBQ is sooooooo good!!!

I rarely see a princess out from PFF or Ariel's......nice!!

I don't even try to take pics on BTMRR, I take some while in line.....but I'm having way too much fun to try & snap an on-ride photo!!!

Bug's Land is so cute!!! I've never done the bumper cars....but the kids have. I always feel a bit "big" for the little rides there.....lol

You snuck in between posts on me!!

I rode it more times without pictures but just thought it was fun to get the pics.

It will be interesting to see the Princesses when they move to a new spot.

The rides are actually really cute and I have no problem doing them however the bumper cars really are not that fun. I would recommend the others before that one.

Oooh, candy corn! ;)

There is just no way to communicate Heimlich's voice! "I love Candy Coorrrnnn"

We entered Disneyland only to discover the fireworks were in process and getting down Main Street would not be an easy thing. So instead we took the train!

We got off the train at the Toon Town station as I was wanting to try the troubadour Tavern or Village Haus for some food. Unfortunatly.... They were CLOSED!! In fact it looked like EVERYTHING was closed!! So we headed to Fronteirland as we had some BTMRR FP's to use. Once there we saw a cart selling Turkey Legs was still open! Thinking it was our only choice we each got a Turkey Leg and Kim got a corn on the cob and I got a flavored Frozen Lemonade!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We sat on the curb and enjoyed our limited meal...

The Turkey leg was interesting. and VERY expensive!! I was amazed at the price of this meal!

We finished and then it was time for some BTMRR!!

Rode it once and then rode it again!!!

After the second time the fantasmic show had finished and the line, even the FP line was huge so we went to see what the INDY line was like... It also looked like a lot of people were funneling in there so we instead went to see about some Singing Birds! It was FINALLY time to enjoy the Enchanted Tiki Room!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After a relaxing show we again headed back to BTMRR to use our last set of FP's for it!

At this point it was after 11:30pm and we had been in the parks since 9am with a 7am start at the Critter Breakfast. We were pretty tired. It had been a fun-filled day and our feet and bodies were saying ENOUGH. So even though we had not yet completed a few things or even used our INDY FP's we decided we would head back to the room and get some rest. This would be our last night at the Paradise Pier hotel so we had to make sure we got packed in the morning and ready to go.

Kim's last park day was now complete :guilty:

The morning of June 11th we woke up and PACKED! So not exciting!!

We had a morning reservation to make but otherwise we had no other plans.

I did take some more pictures of the Paradise Pier Room we had.

ry%3D400

Hidden Mickey's!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Lifegaurd Mickey Lamp
ry%3D400

Shower Curtain
ry%3D400

Detail above the Entertainment Center
ry%3D400

Artwork on the wall.
ry%3D400

Our View
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The safe and refrigerator
ry%3D400

The Hallway
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Our Room #
ry%3D400

About 15 minutes before our reservation after we had packed up and everything was ready to go I called down to Bell Services and asked them to put our bags in storage. They said they would be up in about 20 minutes!! EEKS!! That would make us late for our reservation!

I therefore sent Kim down to get us checked in as I waited... and waited!!

After the Bellman finally came to get our bags I headed down to join Kim at the Surf's Up! Character breakfast. Like the Critter breakfast this would be my first time at this character meal.

I found Kim seated near a window and took a few pics before we headed to get our food.

I love the fork and condiment holder.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We then decided to go get some food.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

MMMM!!! BACON!!
ry%3D400

This was surprisingly good!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My plate!!
ry%3D400

The funky straws!!
ry%3D400

My second plate... notice the BACON!
ry%3D400

Had to have a Mickey Waffle!
ry%3D400

Then it was finally time for some characters!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And then a pic of stitch by himself for Andrea!!
ry%3D400

Characters to be continued...

Soon Minnie was to come around!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Kim didn't get a picture with her though! Boo!! She said it was fine though as she had other pictures with Minnie.

The next character was a HUGE surprise!!

DAISY!!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Since Kim and I had come down to Surf's Up! Separately we had missed our picture with Mickey! He didn't come around as he was the Host of this party!
Therefor we went to see him!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We then went back to our seats to finish eating and to wait for our bill. While we were sitting there I was playing on my iPhone when Stitch came around again!

He wanted to check it out!!
ry%3D400

Somehow I think his paws might make it a little difficult to use it!

With my bill I obtained a birthday brownie!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It was um... a little hard and dry....
ry%3D400

Finally the last character we had been waiting for came through!
PLUTO!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

With our tummies full and having seen all the characters we had seen we were on our way...

We stopped in the PPH lobby to get some pics with Goofy....

Now this Goofy always seems to be hanging around but we just kept walking past him so it was time to rectify that!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Yay! Stitch! Love this update! :)

You didn't see Goofy during this meal? He was at our Surfs Up! And was the best. Stitch didn't play much when we went. :(

In that first picture with the food, what is the food on the right? At first it looked like fries, but when you look closer they look like mini churros! Yum!

See Paula, you are on a roll! Another great update. I still have yet to do this character meal, but it's so hard to bypass either GK or Minnie's. I'll probably be trying it for the Diva trip.

Keep 'en coming!

Nice update :)

I agree with you about the level of detail in Bug's land, but such a bummer that the rides are (IMO) kind of boring :rolleyes1

I love the PPH pics!!! Makes me excited to go back......loved our stay there!!

Yay for seeing Daisy. I heard she appears at that meal, but since they switched from the Lilo & Stitch meal to the Mickey one....we hadn't seen her.....glad to see there's always a chance to see her again. Not sure why she doesn't get included on Main Street with the others.

Daisy was at the meal when we went there last October. I think we had Pluto, Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Goofy and Stitch. I wish I could have gone there when it was the Lilo and Stitch meal, but I am also happy to see Mickey and Stitch in one meal.

Love the photo of Stitch playing with your phone!

Yay! Stitch! Love this update! :)

You didn't see Goofy during this meal? He was at our Surfs Up! And was the best. Stitch didn't play much when we went. :(

In that first picture with the food, what is the food on the right? At first it looked like fries, but when you look closer they look like mini churros! Yum!

Nope. No goofy. I don't rememeber if he was around and we just missed him or if he wasn't there at all.

See Paula, you are on a roll! Another great update. I still have yet to do this character meal, but it's so hard to bypass either GK or Minnie's. I'll probably be trying it for the Diva trip.

Keep 'en coming!

And the roll promptly stopped there! Hopefully I can get another update posted this morning but lots to get done before our open house today.

Nice update :)

I agree with you about the level of detail in Bug's land, but such a bummer that the rides are (IMO) kind of boring :rolleyes1

I think the rides are perfect if you had little kids. But yeah.. the only one I have to ride every time is Heimlich's!

I love the PPH pics!!! Makes me excited to go back......loved our stay there!!

Yay for seeing Daisy. I heard she appears at that meal, but since they switched from the Lilo & Stitch meal to the Mickey one....we hadn't seen her.....glad to see there's always a chance to see her again. Not sure why she doesn't get included on Main Street with the others.

I'm not sure why she never gets out in the parks either... very sad that she gets left out!

WE LOVED the PPH! I wish I was staying there again for my last trip in a couple weeks but it is once again a budget trip so I am staying at my cheap standby...

Daisy was at the meal when we went there last October. I think we had Pluto, Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Goofy and Stitch. I wish I could have gone there when it was the Lilo and Stitch meal, but I am also happy to see Mickey and Stitch in one meal.

Love the photo of Stitch playing with your phone!

Both of your favorite characters in one spot!!

Wow what a great group of characters!!

It was fun!! And nice to find a couple of characters we hadn't yet seen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter