Its here....Finally going to book Aulani!! Question about pool area/ocean view?

alldiz

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Soooooo excited.
Finally time to book Aulani on Friday. I snagged a studio at GCV for 3 nights at 7mths 8 am online.:worship::cloud9:
So its definite!! Disneyland on the way to Hawaii:yay:

I am splurging on an ocean view. I would like to overlook pool area as well.:)

What do I request...name of valley area? Also is EWA best tower?
Thanks

Also any info on the new luao?

Thanks
Kerri

I am sort of on the same time line. I am a little flexible, so I am trying to plan when flights will be cheapest. I wanted 8 days at Aulani, but I think I will do 3 nights on the north shore, then aulani for 7. My 7 month window is limiting my choices for views and I am forced for ocean, which I would love....but the points for 8 nights ocean will cut into my 2018 points, and I have my daughters sweet `16 I am planning for then!
So 7 nights ocean, I think I can swing!! So excited as well.

I am sort of on the same time line. I am a little flexible, so I am trying to plan when flights will be cheapest. I wanted 8 days at Aulani, but I think I will do 3 nights on the north shore, then aulani for 7. My 7 month window is limiting my choices for views and I am forced for ocean, which I would love....but the points for 8 nights ocean will cut into my 2018 points, and I have my daughters sweet `16 I am planning for then!
So 7 nights ocean, I think I can swing!! So excited as well.

Wow....we really are on the same timeline. I am using my points to the max also. Next year is my daughter's sweet 16 also
and we are taking her friends to WDW. So I will be borrowing all of 2019 for my 2018 sweet 16 trip:teeth:
By the time I get back to my home resort of WLV or whatever they are calling it now....All work should be done and kinks worked out:yay:
Kerri

I am splurging on an ocean view. I would like to overlook pool area as well.:)

What do I request...name of valley area? Also is EWA best tower?
Just request a view of the pool. The "best" tower is really not an issue. They are very similar and you'll be happy with either one.

Just another point of (possible) interest, we've been in both towers and prefer the Waianae tower because of the view. It looks away from the Four Seasons. Not a big thing...

Just another point of (possible) interest, we've been in both towers and prefer the Waianae tower because of the view. It looks away from the Four Seasons. Not a big thing...
Hmmmm..... I just want a view of the ocean along with aulani property.
Hoping I don't see the other developments too much:-)
Thanks
Kerri

Because of the U-shape of the resort most of the rooms on the inside of that won't even see the others.

Ok, after much thought-I did it. Ocean View July 20-27. I ended up dropping one night at aulani (to save some points) and am doing another night on the North Shore (which now will be three) I figure we will do all of our exploring and attractions the first three days using the North shore as home base, then go to Aulani for the full 7 to kick back and keep it simple.
From what everyone says-once you get there you don't want to leave! I had to do ocean because all other views didn't have the full week and I am not experienced at wait listing and didn't want to chance it.

Wow....we really are on the same timeline. I am using my points to the max also. Next year is my daughter's sweet 16 also
and we are taking her friends to WDW. So I will be borrowing all of 2019 for my 2018 sweet 16 trip:teeth:
By the time I get back to my home resort of WLV or whatever they are calling it now....All work should be done and kinks worked out:yay:
Kerri
Kerri that is so funny!!! Same here-but 2018 sweet 16. I have just used all of what was left of 17' and almost all 18' points. She is a Nov. birthday (the 11 exactly) but I figured it would be easier doing it in August (no worries about school/flights etc-just hurricanes!) How many girls are you braving? We are up to 6....not including whatever poor soul comes with me to help. The rest of the family is running for the hills!

Ok, after much thought-I did it. Ocean View July 20-27. I ended up dropping one night at aulani (to save some points) and am doing another night on the North Shore (which now will be three) I figure we will do all of our exploring and attractions the first three days using the North shore as home base, then go to Aulani for the full 7 to kick back and keep it simple.
From what everyone says-once you get there you don't want to leave! I had to do ocean because all other views didn't have the full week and I am not experienced at wait listing and didn't want to chance it.

Kerri that is so funny!!! Same here-but 2018 sweet 16. I have just used all of what was left of 17' and almost all 18' points. She is a Nov. birthday (the 11 exactly) but I figured it would be easier doing it in August (no worries about school/flights etc-just hurricanes!) How many girls are you braving? We are up to 6....not including whatever poor soul comes with me to help. The rest of the family is running for the hills!

We will rent a 2BR. We are 4, so I said she can bring 3-4 friends. 5 only if one bestie will be left out and all 5 are amazing kids. Which will max out the 2BR at 9.

We will be at Aulani same time. Sooooo excited for this trip.
Kerri

Pros and cons to both towers, but in terms of view, they are pretty similar. We were in the Ewa tower and very close to the lawn where the luau is held. Also close to Makahiki, Ama Ama, the store. The Waianae tower is super convenient to the parking garage and spa. It also seemed like a quieter tower, less foot traffic. But regardless of the one you end up in, room views will be similar and it's a quick walk between the two areas.

Pros and cons to both towers, but in terms of view, they are pretty similar. We were in the Ewa tower and very close to the lawn where the luau is held. Also close to Makahiki, Ama Ama, the store. The Waianae tower is super convenient to the parking garage and spa. It also seemed like a quieter tower, less foot traffic. But regardless of the one you end up in, room views will be similar and it's a quick walk between the two areas.
Thanks....I'm sure room will be awesome...can't wait!:-)

We were in Ewa, 14th floor toward the center of the "U" near the elevator. PERFECT ocean view. Rooms further to the sides don't have the full, straight on view.
Ewa gets afternoon sun, Waianae gets morning sun.

We were in Ewa, 14th floor toward the center of the "U" near the elevator. PERFECT ocean view. Rooms further to the sides don't have the full, straight on view.
Ewa gets afternoon sun, Waianae gets morning sun.
Thanks....I was also wondering about the sun. Where it set to know where I want my pool chair :-) Although that spot might be in shade at crack of dawn to get chair LOL.
Thanks
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter