• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ITS COMING -Nov. 2014 Free Dining - waiting, watching, wishing & worrying thread

I was able to grab the dates I wanted for November for two people. This is what is showing up for me:
If you take into account the room-only discount (I couldn't remember if it was 20 or 25 for CSR) usually offered in the fall this is what you get.
Add $682 for basic park tix
Add (approx) $80 pp/ per day expenses for food= $1280
Grand total:
UK Expedia = $2,877.26
Disney Room Only discount = $3,064.76
Disney w/ Free Dining = $2,152.00
While the UK is a much better discount than usual (around 40%!) I can't get it to rival free dining. Even if you restrict your dining budget to $50 pp/ per day (bagel for breakfast and quick service for lunch + dinner and no desserts!) Using the UK offer would cost you $2,397.26.
Remember eating at Disney is super expensive. Its like dining out at the movies every day for a solid week.
I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble. There are a lot of people doing this for the first time and the number one thing people are shocked to find their first time at WDW is the cost of food.

Hi dakotix and any thanks for crunching the numbers at Coronado Springs and sorry that the savings didn't work for your dates and resort.

You're so right with the cost of food and hopefully with the aid of information boards like this most first-timers would have done their homework and carried out their own number crunching.

Being Brit's we're not too sure about your US offer's such as pin codes etc., so what we were trying to do was to highlight that for certain dates and at certain resorts there could be big saving for 2-adults over the current advertised rack rate.

We found that over weekends and holidays such as Thanksgiving there were even bigger discounts over the rack rate and we presumed, but weren't 100% sure that US-holiday dates are very rarely discounted and/or offered with free dining.

So the first example we listed was for 2-adults looking to stay at Club-Level over Thanksgiving week.

We also listed a selection of other resort options that hopefully proved useful for those already with annual passes. From those examples one can see that as you move from deluxe to budgets the dollar savings obviously reduces to a point where it's possibly not worth while and best waiting for a future US discount and free dining.

There's clearly some big savings on rack rate especially over Thanksgiving week, but it's for a limited selection of rooms. At the Yacht or Beach Club in a standard club level room on Thanksgiving Day you could book that one night for as little as (£228.20) $375 and against a rack rate of $757 that equals a 50% saving on rack.

While over the holiday period of Columbus week on the night of October 11th, a Yacht or Beach Club Lagoon View - Club Level room would also cost (£228.20) $375 and against a much higher rack rate of $852 so that's a 56% saving over rack.

And lastly on the same date in a standard view room at the Yacht or Beach it's only (£144) $236 and against a rack rate of $524 that's a 55% saving on rack.

For Brit's that a great saving and that's not including a promo code (which unfortunately expired a few hours ago) for dates through to October 31st which gave an extra 10% discount, that took the Yacht or Beach Club Lagoon View - Club Level room from $375 to $337.50, so a massive $514.50 (60%) off the rack rate of $852.

So it might be worth taking a look on UK-Expedia and crunching the numbers especially for those looking to stay at deluxe resorts and over a holiday period.

Discounts up to 8th December at deluxe, budgets might be up to 14th December, staying longer can in some cases increase the nightly rate for all nights.

Hi and hopefully some of you November followers might find the following option comparable to waiting until a free dining offer comes along; you might well have already noticed this on the Budget Board thread, it regards discounted Disney rooms on the UK-Expedia web site.

It's for room only reservations and here's a comparison between booking directly with US-Walt Disney and the British UK-Expedia web site.

7-nights checking in on Saturday 22th and departing on Saturday 29th November for 2-adults.

Disney's Beach Club Resort in a Standard View Room at Club Level.
WDW: $4,974.78 current rate.
UK-Expedia: £1,449.35, approx $2,390.
Potentially saving up to $2,584 on Disney's current rate.

With the saving of $2,584 you could purchase two Premium Annual Pass for $1,552.78, leaving you $1,030 to spend on meals.

Also, if you do buy the annual passes why not consider a Tables in Wonderland card at $125, that leaves you with $900 to spend on meals and as the TIW card saves you 20%, it could save you a few dollars more than the card cost for this November and maybe a little more in 2015.........

Therefore, for a similar cost to the currently advertised price on WDW for 7-nights, you could buy two premium annual passes, a Tables in Wonderland card, a club level room at the Beach through UK-Expedia and $900 towards dining, well worth checking out especially if you already have an annual pass.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's a few more resort options for those looking for a November vacation, they're all over the same 7-nights and prices also covers 2-children in the room and most dates in November are the same price on Expedia.co.uk with some discounted by as much as 52%. (Sorry haven't had time to recheck all those figures)

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Outer Lodge/Building in a Standard Room - Club Level.
WDW: $5,844.38
UK-Expedia: £1,938.86, approx $3,195
Potentially saving up to $2,645 on Disney's current rate.

Disney's Contemporary Resort. Tower - Bay Lake View.
WDW: $4,524.70
UK-Expedia: £1,453.34, approx $2,391
Potentially saving up to $2,130 on Disney's current rate.

Disney's Wilderness Lodge in a Standard Room - Club Level.
WDW: $4,515.76
UK-Expedia: £1,516.55, approx $2,500
Potentially saving up to $2,015 on Disney's current rate.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge in a Savannah View.
WDW: $3,705.76
UK-Expedia: £1,109.08, approx $1,825
Potentially saving up to $1,880 on Disney's current rate.

Disney's Yacht Club Resort in a Standard Room.
WDW: $3,460.50.
UK-Expedia: £993.93, approx $1,635.
Potentially saving up to $1,825 on Disney's current rate.

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. Pirate - Standard Room.
WDW: $2,039.66
UK-Expedia: £609.56, approx $1,005
Potentially saving up to $1,030 on Disney's current rate.

Disney's Art of Animation Resort, Finding Nemo, Lion King or Cars Family Suite.
WDW: $ 2,921.66
UK-Expedia: £1,273.30, approx $2,095
Potentially saving up to $820 on Disney's current rate.

Disney's All-Star Music Resort in a Preferred Room.
WDW: $1,249.78
UK-Expedia: £421.61, approx $694
Potentially saving over $550 on Disney's current rate.

Disney's All-Star Music Resort in a Family Suite for 2-adults and 4-children.
WDW: $2,425.50.
UK-Expedia: £769.30, approx $1,266.
Potentially saving over $1,159 on Disney's current rate.

Not all rooms are discounted to the same level but hopefully you might find a reasonable priced room, which could be especially tempting for those already with an annual pass and/or Tables in Wonderland card.

And if you do find a tempting price then best to first check out the Budget Board and the posts by those who've already booked as it's not everyone's cup of tea; one of the reasons, you can't buy park tickets or annual passes on the UK-Expedia site.

For those of you who pay for their vacation with Disney Gift cards purchased through the Target/Pharmacy Red Card offer. Obviously you've lost the discount on the room cost as that's paid by CC, but with the savings you make over the current rack rate you can still buy GC's to that amount to spend as you like on tickets, meals, etc.

I have a question! When booking on the Expedia-UK site how does the currency work? Does the site convert the money exchange? I have ran my dates on the UK site and show a savings of $1,100.00 per room and we will be booking 3 rooms in November. If the site converts thier dollars to ours when paying there would be no benefit from booking on the Expedia-UK site. Thank you!

I have a question! When booking on the Expedia-UK site how does the currency work? Does the site convert the money exchange? I have ran my dates on the UK site and show a savings of $1,100.00 per room and we will be booking 3 rooms in November. If the site converts thier dollars to ours when paying there would be no benefit from booking on the Expedia-UK site. Thank you!

Hi.

We originally placed a post on the Budget Board on 16th January with info on the UK-Expedia savings and the answer to your question can be found on the first thread at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3222577 where you will find quick links to posts regarding how international currency transactions take place along with many other questions and answers.

If you're still unsure or have any more questions after reading those threads then please either send us a PM or post on the Budget Board thread.

Best of luck and hope you can make those savings

Any insight? Hoping to return in November (8-15th):

So, we've done Disney every single year for 5 years. I love November and October. Last year, we chose September and it was too hot (I have a son who cannot handle the heat and gets very sick quickly because of a weak immune system).

So, three sites Dad's Guide, Undercover Tourist and Your 1st Visit...all are showing totally different crowd levels and recommendations for our preferred week (November 8-15th). Any insight? So stressed already :sad2:

We too are going the first week of Nov 2-10. I guess that is Jersey Week, does anyone know if FD or Room discounts are offered then. We are going and staying at BCV regardless of offers, but Room discount is what we are hoping for.

Here's the calendar I am using. It's pretty much a crap shoot but better be safe than sorry I guess. I got it from this site: http://www.undercovertourist.com/pl...endar_november-2014.html#disney-opening-hours
104nfr8.jpg

Our other consideration was free dining as well. In past years, in November, it wasn't offered until around the 10th. So if you go that first week you risk not being able to take advantage of it because your arrival must fall on a day that it is currently being offered.

"Rumors" say that if any free dining would be offered, it would be during September.

In the past few years there's been an extension, or second offering, which pushes free dining through the middle of December but with some black out dates.

Who knows what this year will bring.

just wanted to say IN on this thread. highly likely going back for third time this November. went last October with the free dining and the amount of money you save with that is tremendous. I'm on the fence about doing a third year and another dining plan (or some type of room deal) would probably sway me.

Last year's dates for November's free dining ended on Saturday November 23rd for the month. I've booked our anniversary trip for our family of 6 for CSR arriving on Tuesday November 25th. I'm now contemplating changing the date to the 22nd for my husband and I plus two of our adult children so we could have free dining (if it's offered) for our trip. (Our children still won't arrive until Tuesday afternoon/evening) We depart Disney on Sunday the 30th. That would give us 32 ts credits, 32 qs credits along with snack credits. The cost for the additional days would be approximately $900. Am I over thinking ALL of this??? :scratchin. We were planning on paying out of pocket for our meals. We've also booked business class at CSR along with two rooms. Disney can be so confusing!!!!! Any input would be appreciated. :)

Vidia2 said:
In the past few years there's been an extension, or second offering, which pushes free dining through the middle of December but with some black out dates.

Who knows what this year will bring.

The September dates are usually announced in May/ June and the extension is released by August. I would expect Disney will continue these kinds of promotions in some form until which time people stop taking advantage of them. I imagine they make a lot more money than we are saving when you consider park tickets, souvenirs and the fact that most people would be caught dead shelling out all that dough for their room. A moderate resort is nice but if you look at its equivalent outside the park we're probably paying more than most. But then How can you put a price on all that magic!

Longtime lurker, finally ready to book a trip in November. Really really want free dining. It's all so overwhelming to plan. Still debating where to stay (Pop or Port Orleans) so in early stages of planning yet. We received in the mail a pin code for free dining for last fall but we couldn't go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter