It's all Trading Spaces' fault!

SuiteDisney

<font color=CC66CC>Short Post Man cracks me up!<br
Within the past couple months I've become a Trading Spaces fanatic (and I think Gene likes it, too). I watch on the weekends and I watch every weekday afternoon.

And now.....

We're re-doing our bedroom! The man who owned the house before us had built a decorative fireplace in the corner that not only took up a lot of space that we didn't have, but also covered up the closet.... so he built a closet out of paneling in another corner.

Well, we ripped out the fireplace yesterday afternoon, no mean feat since it was brick up to the mantle! I never could have done it by myself, but Gene beat the crap out of it with a hammer. :teeth:

Now, Marvin (the last owner) had cut off part of the closet wall in order to put up the fireplace. Today we took lots of measurements and worked up a plan of attack to rebuild the original closet. (Boy, it's been a long day!) We got up, brainstormed, took measurements, went to Home Depot to look at supplies and get some more ideas, stopped at a carpet place to look at remnants, lunch at Cracker Barrel, back home to do some more brainstorming and measuring. Then.... wait, first... here is my bedding...

J10957x.jpg

Okay, back out to look at remnants at a different carpet store. Couldn't find any we liked but we did see a paint store next door to the carpet store so we went over to look at samples and wound up buying our paint. The walls are going to be Brilliant Blue, about the same blue as in the comforter. Trim and closet will be white.

Then we went back to the first carpet store and bought our carpet - berber with a light bluish tint (the one I wanted to begin with. :) ).

Tomorrow we tear out the extra closet that Marvin added and work on building up the original closet. We can't do it tonight because....

... Trading Spaces is coming on!!!! :teeth:

Sounds like fun! And it is great that your Husband is into it too.

I love your bedding. The colors are beautiful! :)

Hey we want some pictures!

Before, during the demo, lunch at Cracker Barrel, the finished room.

Guess it is not suprise why the home stores sponsor these shows huh?

Just wanted to say that I love the colors in your new bedding, and it sounds like the room will be beautiful when finished. Also, I went to your website and now have it listed as a "favorite"! Great photos!

Trading Spaces is lots of fun, but I usually only like the rooms done by Vern and Laurie. I read a funny interview by Ty who says he thinks Vern just does the same room over and over in different people's homes, Laurie tries to do a quality job, Hildi is too far out there (remember the straw on the walls?) and that Doug was probably the type of kid the parents tried to leave behind at a rest stop on a long car trip, many,many times LOL! The TS message boards at http://pub83.ezboard.com/btradingspaces and http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/tradingspaces/tradingspaces.html and http://www.noceilingfans.com/links.html are good to see what happened after the designers left!

Remember, you only have 48 hours to get this work done. ;) ;)

I enjoy watching Trading Spaces but it makes me nervous thinking about all the work I should/could do in my own house. Glad to hear you've taken on the challenge. Can't wait to hear how it comes out....just don't go gluing any artificial flowers or straw to the walls. ;)

LOL I sounds like you are having a great time!!!

I LOVE TRADING SPACES!!

And I agree NO FLOWERS ON THE WALL!!!!!

Did anyone see the hideous moss that Genevieve glued on that poor persons bedroom wall. What was she thinking? I also love Verns work. It is always so clean and professional.

my favs are vern and frank, and of course ty is a pleasure to look at!

when i first started watching the show, i got inspired and started buying stuff to redo my kitchen, without dh's knowledge (he freaks out at the thought of work!). then i sent him to his brother's house for the night, out-of-town.

the minute he left, dd and i started on our under-stated, and outdated hunter green/cream colored kitchen. we sponge-painted the bottom third of the walls barn red and put up a plaid and rooster border. we spray painted the bakers rack and some cast iron sexton pieces that i had been collecting black and sprayed some baskets and the light switch plates to match the red. we moved in a farm house table and chairs that was unused in another part of the house. we matted some norman rockwell prints with red and hung them, put up cream colored tiers (the top of the walls are still cream), and placed a few strategic knick-knacks to match the farmhouse look.

we were done before he got back the next day at lunch and we waited while he hung out and didn't even go into the kitchen! finally, dd went out to the kitchen and called him to come in...you should have seen the look on his face! he was impressed with the amount of work that we had done and diplomatically stated that he liked it, but later asked, "we're not painting the whole house red are we?". it's grown on him and the appraiser that came when we refinanced recently raved about it, lol.

so now, we're almost done with our soon-to-be celestial bathroom...carmel apple color on the top half of the wall, indigo blue on the bottom, celestial border and accents. we've decided, after the red kitchen, that we love color!!!

have fun with your bedroom, you'll love the end results i'm sure!

Yep, even Dh is watching TS now! ;) :bounce:
He HAD to see last night's where Hildi broke the family piano heirloom. :jester: (Now why would three people PUSH a piano from the same end?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter