It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Needs An Eyepatch - A Dec TR Complete 8/31

Lots of wonderful pictures, and a bunch of great Storytellers!

Yes, I was a little lost with this one too! The Three Kings were so interactive the way they played to the audience, and one of my favorites!!! :sad1:

You got some beautiful nighttime pics. I just love the feel of Disney at night when it is all decked out for the holidays! The Candlelight Processional is so inspirational, and then to follow up with IllumiNations is just a great way to end the day!

Hope you have a great trip to Turkey! :thumbsup2

I'm curious about the Three Kings now and why they were replaced??

Oh no! What a massive hassle! I"m so sorry, but very glad you have them backed up and can still keep moving this TR forward. :)

That's really cool! Does that run year round??

I'm not sure but my guess would probably be that it does. Must be a newer addition as I don't remember it from past years.

Well, Alek and I are about to head off to meet our Dad for our trip to Turkey. I leave you with this video clip from a favourite childhood movie that perhaps is one of the reasons we love to travel? Ciao for now!

Your photos are great on FB! So many awesome memories of our trip there, including the one of my daughter getting hit by a car and the ensuing aftermath.

All caught up!

Your brothers crack me up!!!!

Wow, I can just imagine how relaxing it must be to watch the animals from your balcony. One of these days.....

In China, did they explain any of the other New Years traditions? I look forward to those lion dances every year!

I'm so excited about my lunch at BOG!!! I'm also hoping to meet Gaston too because I didn't get to on my Disneymoon. He sounds AWESOME.

Your photos are great on FB! So many awesome memories of our trip there, including the one of my daughter getting hit by a car and the ensuing aftermath.
Aww man.....FB photos of her trip??? Guess I will have to wait for the TR updates when Lessa gets back. ...... :(

Yes, Lessa has been having an amazing trip to Turkey with one of her brothers and father, I am sure she will post pictures upon her return, I have been traveling vicariously through her photos and that of her brother Erich who has been exploring Kelowna, BC where he moved this past winter. What has mom been doing during everyone's absence, recovering from some out patient surgery, my friends and sorority sisters (Beta Sigma Phi) have been keeping me company and out of trouble. So nothing to terribly exciting to report.

Home Sweet Home. We had an absolutely amazing trip and despite initial worries over safety once we were there we did not allow it to influence our enjoyment of such a wonderful and beautiful country. I will definitely post photos and stories if you all are interested but it will be a few days. Have to sort through them all first and get settled back in.

Home Sweet Home. We had an absolutely amazing trip and despite initial worries over safety once we were there we did not allow it to influence our enjoyment of such a wonderful and beautiful country. I will definitely post photos and stories if you all are interested but it will be a few days. Have to sort through them all first and get settled back in.
Welcome back! I would love to hear about your trip and see some pictures

Welcome home Lessa! So glad you had a great trip and more importantly..........made it back safely! :cool1:

Another morning dawned at Disney World and we were all looking forward to this day. Alek and Erich were looking forward to going to Disney Quest, I was looking forward to the Christmas Party and Mom was looking forward to getting the family photos taken that she had been wanting for a long time.

Since we were going to have a long night at the party we did not have any park plans for this morning. Instead we had a breakfast reservation at Boma followed by getting some family pictures. I decided to be a risk taker and got into my outfit for the pictures before breakfast in order to avoid having to go back up to the room. The others followed my example. Why was this risky? Breakfast = grease and syrup and sauces = dripping and stains. It was a miracle this morning that despite my usual ability to be a messy klutz I did not get anything on my dress!

The Boma buffet was quite large and we all managed to find items that we liked. I really enjoyed the potatoes with the seasoning as well as the roasted meat and sausage. I also had the traditional Mickey waffles and bacon. Nice and healthy! :rolleyes:

After we stuffed ourselves full of delicious food we rolled our bloated bellies up to the lobby for pictures.

Leading up to the trip I had looked into booking a photographer for a session at one of the resorts but those sessions came with a hefty price tag. What I eventually realized was that there was a photographer parked in our lobby every day by the tree and we could just use that photographer at no extra cost since we had purchased Memory Maker. We weren't looking for a wide variety of photos and locations, Mom just wanted one "nice" family photo. A nice photo to her meant that we were not wearing graphic t-shirts, covered in sweat, or wearing mouse ears and that we somewhat matched.

Nobody else was wanting to use the photographer at that time so we were able to take our time to get the photos that we wanted. We explained to her what we wanted and she arranged us as she thought best. We started out with a group shot and then we each got individual pictures with mom.

Because Mom had said a nice photo meant NO mouse ears I couldn't resist bringing along my mouse ears and making her wear them in a photo!

The photographer then got in on the mouse ears joke and had Alek and Erich join in and provided them with a prop.

I then asked for a siblings picture before we wrapped things up.

At the end of it all I was happy we didn't spend the money for a private photography session as we got the pictures that we wanted by just using the Christmas Tree photopass photographer. It was a risk though because there were a few variables at play 1)Photographer not in lobby 2)Photographer busy and as a result we get rushed through. It all worked out though and I would recommend this to others looking to save a bit of money.

After the pictures we went back up to our room and got ready for our individual plans for the day. Alek and Erich were off to Disney Quest and Mom and I were going to have some pool time and resort hopping.

Wonderful pictures! OK, I am totally amused by the goofy faces one...that is priceless...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter