It's a Stroller Sir, not a Battering Ram!!! NEW PTR LINK POSTED

The inside of Nine Dragons looks lovely. We've never dined there as I've read so many awful reviews of it in the past. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal.

Thanks hon, we're both on the mend!

I'm so happy I was able to bring you some fond memories thru pics! We can't wait to go back either! How did you dinner go?

Awesome! I made sesame orange chicken with basmati rice and roasted Parmesan green beans and I think it was the best batch ever! :thumbsup2 Must have been the inspiration!

Another week has passed and I thought I would have had time during the week to get an update completed, but nope, got sick! Stupid cold! Shanleigh has it now so she is none to happy with me for giving it to her!

Well considering she brought it home from school every year from kindergarten on and gave it to you....

Turn about is fair play.

The bus stops....I really did love how close our room was to the buses! Walking to the bus is never hard because you're so excited about what the day has in store for you, however, there are some evenings where we are dead tired and that walk is like having cement boots on!

Oh I hear ya. Last time we were at ASMU and so far back I thought we might be in another State. The walk to the busses? Relaxing, enjoyable, idyllic, etc.. The walk back? Sheer torture! Usually followed up by Ruby wanting me to get her a refill of diet coke. So multiply the walk times three!

We were a little early for our ADR and it was so nice out that we decided to stop for a little drink!

Or...

"We were right on time for our ADR and knew there's usually a bit of a wait so we decided to stop for a little drink"

or...

"We were late for our ADR and since we were already late, what's a little more? So we decided to stop for a little drink."

:rotfl:

This was our first visit here and we were quite impressed!

I had no idea where the "here" was that you were referring to! Had to check the posts after yours. :rotfl:

Shan's dinner which would have been more than enough for 3 ppl LOL

Not for me... I only count 7 shrimp! That's an appetizer at best! I'm ignoring the ham, broccoli and rice of course.

Sorry, no pics, just enjoyed our evening!

That's okay. Sometimes I think we forget we're on vacation and supposed to be enjoying ourselves.... but can't because we're so busy taking photos!

Don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes

The inside of Nine Dragons looks lovely. We've never dined there as I've read so many awful reviews of it in the past. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal.

That's how I felt too but I was quite impressed! I probably wouldn't put it on my must do list of ADR's but it was good!

Awesome! I made sesame orange chicken with basmati rice and roasted Parmesan green beans and I think it was the best batch ever! :thumbsup2 Must have been the inspiration!

Ummm....YUM!!! That sounds delicious...

Well considering she brought it home from school every year from kindergarten on and gave it to you....

Turn about is fair play.

Thank you for reminding me of that little fact....turn about IS fair play!

Oh I hear ya. Last time we were at ASMU and so far back I thought we might be in another State. The walk to the busses? Relaxing, enjoyable, idyllic, etc.. The walk back? Sheer torture! Usually followed up by Ruby wanting me to get her a refill of diet coke. So multiply the walk times three!

:lmao:That sounds exactly how we were when we stay at ASMu! We got wise after a few days and took out mugs in the backpack to refill as we walked through the lobby on our way home...it did take us a while to figure that out tho:rolleyes1

Or...

"We were right on time for our ADR and knew there's usually a bit of a wait so we decided to stop for a little drink"

or...

"We were late for our ADR and since we were already late, what's a little more? So we decided to stop for a little drink."

:rotfl:

Noted....yes, both of those could have been exactly what happened...just saying.....

I had no idea where the "here" was that you were referring to! Had to check the posts after yours. :rotfl:

Silly me...what was I thinking...or better yet I wasn't thinking at all

Not for me... I only count 7 shrimp! That's an appetizer at best! I'm ignoring the ham, broccoli and rice of course.

I'm with ya on the shrimp...bring it on!!!

That's okay. Sometimes I think we forget we're on vacation and supposed to be enjoying ourselves.... but can't because we're so busy taking photos!

Don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

It's so true! I'm always thinking about my TR so sometimes I forget to just stop and enjoy what I'm seeing and if a picture gets taken it does, if it doesn't it doesn't!
Thanks for the chapter! :goodvibes

My pleasure!

Thank you for reminding me of that little fact....turn about IS fair play!

You're welcome.

Shan hates me now, right?

Right.

I'm with ya on the shrimp...bring it on!!!

A long, long time ago (Hint: Pterodactyl wings were on the menu) my DMom took me to Bonanza for supper. They had a promotion on called 'Steak and all the shrimp you can eat'. After I was done, I don't think they ever ran that promotion again.

Just sayin'

And what are you doing up so early on a weekend? I'm at work... what's your excuse???

You're welcome.

Shan hates me now, right?

Right.

:rotfl: she could never hate you!

A long, long time ago (Hint: Pterodactyl wings were on the menu) my DMom took me to Bonanza for supper. They had a promotion on called 'Steak and all the shrimp you can eat'. After I was done, I don't think they ever ran that promotion again.

Just sayin'

And what are you doing up so early on a weekend? I'm at work... what's your excuse???

This is sleeping in for me...I'm usually up by 6am .. I wish I could sleep in but those days are long gone for me!

Hope you girls start to feel better soon! Dinner sounds great! I'm so glad you enjoyed a relaxing evening.

Dinner looks good! It's been several years since we've eaten there.

It was...I am glad we gave it a try! We are such creatures of habit that I thought we needed to venture out a little!

They say as we age we require less sleep. ;) :lmao:

Yes, I have heard that a time or two:rotfl:

Hope you girls start to feel better soon! Dinner sounds great! I'm so glad you enjoyed a relaxing evening.

Shan is much better but mine has yet to let go! I love evenings at Epcot...it really is my favourite!

Hello Queen! Finally got a chance to stop by, catch-up and leave a comment. I hope all is well since you haven't updated in awhile. And I see there is another trip on the way how exciting! Will be eager to hear about that. And I hope the bad side of Florida weather didn't put a big damper on the rest of this trip you are writing about. But can't wait to read more as always! :mickeyjum

Good Sunday morning everyone! I just realized it's almost a month since I posted and I was sure real life would slow down, but I was wrong! Oh well, I think everyone is in the same boat and one time or another!

I have only a couple of more posts and I will be wrapping up another TR and ready to begin our December PTR! It's been so long since we've made a trip down in December that I may need some help from all of you!

First things first tho, finishing up this one! We woke this morning with full intentions of laying by our pool until mid afternoon and then heading to a park. We got up, dressed and headed down only to find out that our pool was closed for maintenance. Thankfully there are two more pools at Pop Century so we headed int he direction of the Hippy Dippy Pool. Along the way my sister sent me a text reminding me that today was the official opening of A0A.....YAY!!!! As we were walking I looked at Shan and said let's go to that pool and check out the resort.
701_zps5832f2be.jpg

What was originally Generation Gap Bridge LOL
703_zpsf496c2a3.jpg

Blown away by the colours and we were just arriving! There were more CM than any other person around and you could just feel the excitement in the air!
704_zpse8f9f6e0.jpg

Isn't it just beautiful!
705_zps80c9c1a6.jpg

So much to see and so bright! Disney sure did it right, we were both blown away!
706_zps4fe41633.jpg

Splash pad and I couldn't help but let my mind to wander to a time when I could bring my grandchildren here in the future! Temporary moment of insanity is now what I believe it was!
707_zpsc69bc189.jpg

Mr Ray...entrance to one of the Nemo themed buildings!
710_zpsfbcdcb2d.jpg

Cars section that was not yet opened but we thought it was exactly like the movie, like you walked through the screen and you were a part of it!
711_zps7ab4f72e.jpg

Shan insists this is the area we're going to stay in on one of our future trips and really, who am I to argue:thumbsup2
719_zps0739fb91.jpg

The pool here is gated and locked and you need your room key but we were pleasantly surprised when we noticed a CM just push on it and it opened so we decided to give it a try and voila, we were in! The first ones to be in the pool...well at least at this moment! The best thing about this pool...when you go underwater you can here the music...it was so neat!!!
722_zpsec6e3f33.jpg

The fence that surrounds it!
724_zps64c738fa.jpg

Facemask...they really thought of everything
725_zpsf2d1db38.jpg

Pool rules on the other side!
726_zps7edf3a10.jpg

It was now time for mama to visit the Drop Zone for a little pina colada....I couldn't visit a new resort and not try my favourite drink now could I?
729_zps75e7f6ab.jpg

It was now time to check out the inside of AoA....I love this light!
731_zps14ddd22c.jpg

Front Lobby.....
733_zps04a74abb.jpg

Food Court....for anyone stayed at Pop this would be a great place to walk over and have a meal...
734_zpsa4f1d316.jpg

So impressed with the food court....more CM than guests but it was still early on opening day when I think about it!
736_zps7185f76b.jpg

Seating Area
738_zpsc1afb280.jpg

Lion King Section, again, not quite opened yet
739_zpsbfad1b8d.jpg

We had a lovely family sitting at a table next to our loungers and the pool staff began the pool games. We were chatting and they had just arrived from Miami and had the two cutest little girls! The mom was feeling bad because the things they were calling out to bring out she hadn't brought down to the pool so we started giving them our sunscreen, a towel with a character, sunglasses etc. We had such fun with them but then the clouds started to roll in so we thought we should head back!
740_zps1d13e215.jpg

One more shot before we headed back to Pop Century. I am so happy we took the morning and part of the afternoon to visit AoA...it is spectacular to say the least!

Love love LOVE all the Art of Animation pictures! I definitely want to make a visit over there when we're there in a few weeks! The Nemo stuff is too cute.

Hello Queen! Finally got a chance to stop by, catch-up and leave a comment. I hope all is well since you haven't updated in awhile. And I see there is another trip on the way how exciting! Will be eager to hear about that. And I hope the bad side of Florida weather didn't put a big damper on the rest of this trip you are writing about. But can't wait to read more as always! :mickeyjum

Hi Hon! Yes all is well here with us...just real life getting in the way again:rotfl: As soon as I finish up this TR I will post the PTR link here!

Love love LOVE all the Art of Animation pictures! I definitely want to make a visit over there when we're there in a few weeks! The Nemo stuff is too cute.

It was something to be there on opening day....to see everything brand new, I don't even know how to put it into words...it was unbelievable! Keeping my fingers crossed that you make it over there!!! Have you got a PTR going??

Oh, I LOVE this update! We're booked in a Nemo room at AoA for our next trip, so I am so happy to hear that you ladies enjoyed it! I can't wait!

And what a relaxing day! So cool to be there on opening day!!:goodvibes

How cool that you were there on opening day! What a great looking resort. The Cars section is the one that impresses me most-it does look like you're walking through Radiator Springs!

How fun to hang at the new resort-a great idea for your pool day!

I love how colourful AOA is! And the fact they have the music underwater is so fantastic!

Exploring other resorts is such a great way to spend a day!

That is really cool that you were able to visit AoA on opening day and try out the pool! We can't wait to visit there on our October trip. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter