It's A Small World - A Never-ending Pre-trip Report

How exciting planing your next cruise the glorious 24 nights is it? Getting those Visa only 4 month! Good luck with anytime dining everything crossed for you. The team you now speak to with Crown and Anchor sound much better.

Fantastic re 5k plus 10k. I hope you get to book on the non package deal.

Shame about the The Wonder cruise but wow what a great consliation price with Royal. Check out those ports of call. I have always wanted to visit Aruba on my bucket list. I will be tuning in for that TR!

Sounds like a lot is actually going on for you!

I hope the dining comes through for you. Congrats on the 5K and 10K, you are getting very ambitious!

Sorry that the Wonder Cruise will not work out for you, but the Jersey to Galveston sounds quite interesting! Right now I'm living vicariously by helping other folks plan trips to Southern California.

How exciting planing your next cruise the glorious 24 nights is it?

Yes, it is indeed.

Good luck with anytime dining everything crossed for you.

Thanks. I am quietly optimistic. Final payment date is coming up for US and Canadian cruisers early next year ...

The team you now speak to with Crown and Anchor sound much better.

It is a difference like night and day.

I hope you get to book on the non package deal.

I may need some crossed fingers when this opens.

Shame about the The Wonder cruise but wow what a great consliation price with Royal.

I don't really see it as a consolation prize. We really have come to prefer Royal Caribbean and there is a part of me that prefers keeping the memories of what the wonder was like.

I have always wanted to visit Aruba on my bucket list. I will be tuning in for that TR!

I liked Aruba, but now that I have mastered snorkelling it has a strong pull.

Sounds like a lot is actually going on for you!

There is plenty going on. Most of it is not related to travelling though.

I hope the dining comes through for you.

Thanks.

Congrats on the 5K and 10K, you are getting very ambitious!

It is just nice to know that I can do those things.

Sorry that the Wonder Cruise will not work out for you, but the Jersey to Galveston sounds quite interesting!

I think that cruise has a fantastic itinerary and this will also mean that after this, we will only be 6 nights away from our Diamond status.

Right now I'm living vicariously by helping other folks plan trips to Southern California.

It does make me sad that I won't be able to visit Southern California for two years running, but I am sure it will feature in 2018, which will be a special year for us. Our 20th wedding anniversary and Graham's 60th birthday will happen in that year.

Corinna

I just got an early Christmas present. I checked our cruise reservation and our waitlist for My Time Dining for April has come through. Now we need to give some thought as to our preferred dining time. On the Navigator, you could not book any time between 6:30 and 7:45 in advance. On the Explorer 7:15 and 7:30 reservations are available. I quite like the idea of dinner at 7:15, but will discuss with Graham.

I also bought myself a Christmas present today. I booked flights for a two night trip to Disneyland Paris at the end of January for their first ever Season of the Force. I can't wait to go back. I am just waiting to hear if Graham can take those days off and then I will book a hotel.

Corinna

Fingers crossed your waitlist comes through for My Time Dining. That does sounds like a very convenient way to go.

Your Run Disney events sound like great fun.

Your Autumn cruise sounds lovely. Those ports sound absolutely fabulous.

I didn't read the second page before commenting, fantastic about your waitlist coming through :cool1: :cool1:

Very exciting about your flights for January :)

Well good for you that the My Time Dining came through!

I hope Graham is able to go with you to DLP.

When you have an idea of what will be up for 2018, let me know! Can't wait to see you again! Maybe we could do something with all six of us, Sue, her hubby, Fran and i, and you and Graham! In addition to girls park time of course!

Happy Christmas! That is great news. I am pleased the waitlist came through 7:-5 sounds perfect. Hopefully Graham will think so also.

Comgrats also on DisneyLand Paris trip at end of Jan. Very exciting I hope Graham can get the time off work.

Fingers crossed your waitlist comes through for My Time Dining.

I know you have seen the update by now.

That does sounds like a very convenient way to go.

It really worked well. There will be some reviews of My Time Dining in the trip report.

Your Run Disney events sound like great fun.

I can't wait to do this again. The last event was truly amazing.

Those ports sound absolutely fabulous.

That is what I thought.

I didn't read the second page before commenting, fantastic about your waitlist coming through :cool1: :cool1:

Thanks.

Very exciting about your flights for January :)

I have acute Disneyland Paris withdrawal symptoms so having a trip to look forward to is amazing.

Well good for you that the My Time Dining came through!

Thanks.

I hope Graham is able to go with you to DLP.

I hope so, too. He will of course not set foot into the parks, but it will be nice to have him around in the evenings.

When you have an idea of what will be up for 2018, let me know!

I will do. Hopefully we will be able to firm up plans for 2018 soon after the cruise in April/ May.

Can't wait to see you again!

That feeling is entirely mutual.

Maybe we could do something with all six of us, Sue, her hubby, Fran and i, and you and Graham! In addition to girls park time of course!

That sounds wonderful.

Happy Christmas!

I wish you and Jo a happy Christmas, too.

That is great news. I am pleased the waitlist came through 7:-5 sounds perfect. Hopefully Graham will think so also.

Hopefully we will get this firmed up between now and the new year.

Comgrats also on DisneyLand Paris trip at end of Jan.

Thanks, I can't wait.

Very exciting I hope Graham can get the time off work.

I will keep my fingers crossed.

Corinna

And so it is 2017 and I can now say that this year I am going on a Transpacific cruise.

Even better, I can say that I am going to Disneyland Paris this month. I have to admit I have missed my favourite Mouse House. In about two weeks, I should have a better idea what to expect as this will be the start of the Season of the Force. I am not really a Star Wars fan, but I am excited about this as this is something completely new for Disneyland Paris and also because if concentrates on Walt Disney Studios. Normally the special events are always at the Disneyland Park.

I am still kind of dragging my heels about our upcoming cruise. I am really looking forward to this, but somehow I am not inspired to look at shore excursions or at what to do in the different ports. Hopefully inspiration will hit nearer the time.

I have however done some planning for this trip. Last week, somebody on our cruise meet thread posted a reminder that people will need to get an electronic visa for Australia. That got me motivated to actually do something about this. My visa confirmation came through very quickly, but Graham's took a couple of hours to come through. Still, we both have our eVisitor visas now.

I still had a little time until I needed to leave for work and decided I may as well do something about dining reservations. I talked to Graham and 7:15 PM dinner sounded good to him. So I have now made our reservations. I have two evenings were I made other arrangements. On the first night, I made a 7:30 PM reservation at Izumi, which is their Japanese restaurant. We ate there on the first night on the last cruise and this really worked out for us. On every cruise we have ever been on, the first night in the dining was a bit of a mess and this is a nice way to avoid it. On the second night, I made a 8:00 PM reservation for the dining room as this is traditionally the night on which they hold the Captain's welcome reception and offer a photo with the Captain. I have a couple of nights that I am not entirely sure about. We have an overnight stop in Fiji and a late departure in Maui and I may end up changing the reservations for those days once we made up our minds what we want to do in those ports.

The last thing that caught my attention is the all access tour. This is a behind the scenes tour that includes visits to the galley, laundry, engine room and the bridge. This used to be crazy expensive, but they just halved the cost for this and this is now suddenly looking attractive as a one off treat. So I think we will probably book this.

Corinna

Great news DisneyLand Paris this month that is exciting! Star Wars cool

I am pleased that Graham liked the Dining time and the other two bookings sounded nice.

Austrilian visas makes it sound so real! Don't forget the steriotype hat with corks hanging off it.

Just going over to new TR! Cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter