• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It pays to keep checking!!!

Joe'sgirl

Mouseketeer
Really REALLY wanted Tusker House for breakfast and because I switched my trip dates, there was little available for anything and nada for Tusker. Been checking throughout the days and lo and behold, this morning I logged in and there was an 8am available - YES!!!!!!!! So so happy!!!!!!! My reservations are now complete and I can sit back and focus on counting down the days before I am back at Dis! :yay:

Really REALLY wanted Tusker House for breakfast and because I switched my trip dates, there was little available for anything and nada for Tusker. Been checking throughout the days and lo and behold, this morning I logged in and there was an 8am available - YES!!!!!!!! So so happy!!!!!!! My reservations are now complete and I can sit back and focus on counting down the days before I am back at Dis! :yay:

8am ADR? At Tusker? HOLY COW!!! Thats like winning the lottery! Lol. Incredible. I agree with you, it pays to keep checking. I usually get what i want by constantly checking. But this time im not having much luck (yet). Im constantly checking for a Cali Grill ADR but serioulsy no luck at all! (I already have one, im just waiting for a better time). I'll just have to keep checking i guess. Wish me luck. :(

Yay!! I got an 8:10 ADR at CRT the other day after checking for weeks and my hubs wanted to know why I was shouting haha. I was so excited! Have a great trip :)

Seriously, this stalking of ADRs is a compulsion. We leave TOMORROW. I changed/tweaked 3 yesterday (only moving a few signature dinners back by an hour, and added a MK TS lunch). We wanted Crystal Palace (tradition), but it wasn't open for the day I was checking. Checked our other MK day this am (a real DUH moment on my part) and CP was avalible....then I had to check Tony's and see if it was available for our other MK day, and did a last minute flip flop....in a 100% perfect WDW vacation, I'd be able to nail the 6:30 ressie at Yachtsman the day I want it, it's at 6:05 now, which is fine, I'd just rather bump it back a bit!!!

I scored a Le Cellier lunch ressie by stalking the ADR site. And this was less than 40 days until the trip, too! It really felt a little like winning the lottery. :lmao:

I messed up and scheduled an ADR about 90 minutes earlier than is really ideal based on our current touring plans...so I have been stalking too of late...only issue is I am a party of ten so stalk away it is...one can always hope...thinking soon as 8/28 rolls around and people snatch BOG reservations my party of ten may be able to slide in elsewhere ;)

My husband just doesnt understand how rewarding it is to have a pay off like this.

Welcome to the 8am club!!!!

Congrats! I changed my mind and now want to go to Cinderella's castle on Oct. 9th. I keep checking but no luck yet.

Totally agree about it paying to keep checking. My original ressies were for lunch at Le Cellier at 2:50 and Ohana for 9:15 pm and I thought I was lucky to score those. Checked back yesterday and was able to get 12:10 at Le Cellier and 8:00 pm for Ohana. Different days than the original ressies but I didn't have a preference on days to begin with (beggers can't be choosey) so I TOTALLY hit the lottery!! :banana:

I agree check and recheck ...

Yesterday I was happy with finally being able to get an 8:25 for Crystal Palace next week. But, I still wanted earlier.

Checked again this morning and was able to switch to 8:15.

As it gets closer and closer to your vacation time - people let go of the credit card guaranteed ADRs.

I totally understand...I have changed our ADRs a bazillion time...I wanted 1900 Park Fare for dinner on Aug 31 and had been stalking for over a week and 7:25 popped up yesterday...It felt so good to finally have all our ADRs done and can relax now...til we leave in 15 days!!! :banana:

I score a Chef Mickey at 8:00pm on the actual day I want at the 118 day mark. I to felt like I hit the lottery. Now if I could just get a Le Celliar for lunch on Nov 30th I would be set lol...

You gave me the idea I should consider looking for a CP preRD ressie on a different day. We currently have one scheduled but on Tuesday of our trip but now I am thinking Wednesday might be better. So I went and checked...not expecting much since we are at 59 days until our trip. Sure enough I was able to get an 8:05 for 7 people!!

AMAZING!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter