Is WDW every year too much ?

I'm not sure I could go yearly just doing the same ol', same ol' though.
That's the great thing about Disney World. No two trips are ever the same. The place is always changing and the place is so big that you can't possibly see and do everything in one trip. Plus there are endless things to explore offsite. As many times as we've gone, we still always leave feeling like we missed stuff, which just makes us want to keep coming back.

As many times as we've gone, we still always leave feeling like we missed stuff, which just makes us want to keep coming back.

Totally agree with this! I always feel like we should of crammed more into our days at Disney, LOL...next year my MIL is more than likely coming with us to part of our trip and she hasn't been to Disney in an extremely long time...she will be with us for our first 4 days in Disney so I am like I will have to cram cram cram things into those days so she can see EVERYTHING, lol...and I am like we will have to rearrange what I wanted for ADRs so we can take her to all our favorite ADR places, lol...lots of planning for everyone!

I guess you could say we got addicted to Disney. We started out with one 6 day trip a year. That slowly grew to one 10-12 day trip per year. Then one 10 day and one 6 day trip per year. Then two 10-12 day trips. We started out staying on site and then shifted to an off site villa to save money once we started taking two longer trips a year. Now that I am retired we winter in Florida just southwest of Disney.

I fully understand that Disney (and Florida) is not for everyone. But for us, I am blessed to be able to say, Disney has become a "second home".

I've done WDW at least one day every year since 2003 with only one exception, 2012. I don't do full on Disney trips each year because I like to travel to other places. Some years I just do one day in a park as part of a visit to friends or family in FL, some years I just do one of the races with a few days in the parks added on, and some years I do 4 or 5 days in the parks.

I do think going for 5+ days every year would be too much for me but a day or two every year with a longer trip every 3 or 4 years works for me.

I could never go every year. Every 3 years is good for us. We are going this August after a 5 year break because DH and our teens want to go. I'm just going to make them happy.

Since April 2013 we've been 4 times, with another 2 trips booked between now and July 2017.

Started offsite and worked our way up to a point where we call Beach Club home.

We've always found new things to do in WDW and the Orlando area, so until we don't get that buzz, we'll probably keep visiting.

Being from the UK, it's our main holiday, and the perfect way to get some much needed sun and relax but with stuff to do! (I can't take 2 weeks on a beach!)

joined DVC in 1993.

So yes go to WDW every year (even before DVC went at least twice a year) - in the late 80's and early 90's they had some great deals.

stayed at every WDW resort (except GF - had no wish too)

moved to Florida to be closer to WDW - now not as close as I though I wanted - but 43 miles to AK is not far. Plus beautiful lakes surround the area.

here a list of tours that WDW offers
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tours.htm

can remember when the tours were $30 and some were FREE - those days are gone.

you can also go boating and biking - FW/WL/VWL are great for this.

Last edited:

For me NO. I've been every year since 2011 (First trip was in 2009) and sometimes multiple times in a year.

I like that it's a no brainer vacation for me. I know where I'm going, I know how to get around, I know what to expects, etc. At this point I can make a reservation and go with a plan but feel safe winging it if I want to. I also really like the mix of relaxing at the resort, theme parks, entertainment/shopping and the occasional splurge dining or event. I enjoy doing favorites and I'm still 'new' enough that I find something different to try everytime.

I tend to stay on site, because I like the 'bubble'. By myself is usually Value or Moderate, but I've done two Deluxe stays with family. I did stay off site in 2014 with my family because we went to see my nephew play basketball in the AAU Nationals and we stayed with the team at a nearby Timeshare/Resort. I am also offsite this month as I'm going to a conference (but I am spending one night at Disney and planning two park days and two non park evenings).

Most years Disney is my big vacation expenditure. I will do other small trips but most of my budget goes to that trip. This year my big budget item is UK/Paris which is why I'm only visiting WDW briefly while my work is paying for a chunk of the cost. But any time at WDW is time well spent. LOL

Is once a year to much me no... DW yes. We have been roughly once a year while DD was growing up. DD just graduated and still wants to go but DW is over it, she had a miserable time this past trip. We have a 9 hour drive so we would go for a week at a time.

I know lots of folks who go camping at the same campground every year, or vacation at the same cottage on the lake each summer. I don't see why a trip to Disney can/should be any different.

We try to go to Orlando more than once a year, if at all possible. Or if we do just one trip in a 12-month period, we try to make it a full two weeks.

That said, would I personally devote my whole vacation in Orlando to just the Disney parks? Nope. Way too many other quality parks and attractions to box myself into Disney and only Disney. In fact, most of our favourite Orlando experiences highlights have been off Disney property.

I don't think once a year is too much, but it depends. We like to travel and have gotten our kids to become good travelers at a young age. Disney isn't our only vacation spot. If that's the only place you vacation, that's your prerogative and do what works for you, but there are so many amazing National Parks, beaches, historic places and other sites that shouldn't be missed. We've been a couple years in a row with our kids and they enjoy different things at different ages, so I've had no problem going regularly. Also, our first trip was spendy -- lots of character meals and a Deluxe resort -- but we've since gotten into off-site resorts and only splurging a little bit per trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter