Is VGF Theme Park View worth it?

perchy

WDW Resort Hopper
I scored a one night theme park view at VGF following some OKW time. I am debating two nights, but whether standard or theme park or anything in between, I’d have to borrow points. Would you hold at one night theme park view or change your view and borrow points for a second night? (Or keep and still borrow…)

I can think of ONE reason to have a theme park view: and that's to watch the MK fireworks from your balcony...presumably because you have younger kids who aren't able to stay up in the parks to watch. If the kids don't have to be in bed, you can walk down to see it from a sidewalk if you aren't going to the MK that evening.

Kind of depends what you do in evenings and how much you use the balcony.
We stayed 3 nights last summer and first night we watched EWP which was almost straight outside of room and then watched fireworks, that was great but other 2 nights we were in a restaurant or in a park so maybe not needed.
I imagine some lake views would still be great for EWP so maybe look at room views. Morning sunrise next to Contemporary was great.

5BF118A0-A633-4607-9DDA-DFD500AEBD8B.jpeg7B89E5A4-87FE-40A7-9DEF-FAF373AFB0FF.jpeg

I'm assuming this a VGF Resort Studio? There are no rooms designated as Theme Park View in the main/original VGF building (although you can see bits and pieces from a few of them). It really depends on how much you value view versus time. It's really all personal preference. Views matter more to me than to some others. But I think if I had to decide between one night theme park versus two nights non-theme-park view, I'd go two nights. But if I could swing it without too much pain, then Theme Park View would always be my personal choice.

No change is worth it for 1 night - I would not split stay unless it was 2 or more likely 3 nights.
Agreed. Split stays mess up our flow for the day. We like to go early, come back in the middle of the day to rest up then got back to the parks in the evening. So we don’t like being without a room for the day.

We stayed in one the night before a cruise. We would not pay the points needed to stay in one again.

I think it's worth it if you plan to enjoy the balcony at night. We just stayed there for one night but booked it knowing that we wanted to enjoy the balcony to watch the fireworks. It was awesome!

We went down to the shop, grabbed a bottle of wine and made a charcuterie board to enjoy on the balcony.

They don't play the music anywhere so we played the soundtrack from our phone and it was a very special evening. I would hands down to it again. Sitting on the balcony, sipping wine, and looking at the Contemporary/Poly/MK reminded me of why I bought into DVC.

So, if you're all in to stay in and enjoy, imo it is absolutely worth it!

Are there still some rooms that are designated for TP but have significant obstruction from the trees? I remember seeing pictures when they first opened VGF 2.

Are there still some rooms that are designated for TP but have significant obstruction from the trees? I remember seeing pictures when they first opened VGF 2.

When it opened last year, there were some pictures of rooms that definitely were impeded by trees. No idea if that is still the case.

When it opened last year, there were some pictures of rooms that definitely were impeded by trees. No idea if that is still the case.
Yes, the room next door to us had a huge tree in front of it. I would have been upset! We were fine and in room 9445.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter