• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there anyone super excited about their upcoming trip?

Count us in! We're basically unplanned. We've a villa with a full kitchen so we're ordering food and going with the flow. No G+ or LL but we'll be in our happy place.

Love that! I think this is key. Just adjusting expectations for this time, and who knows? It might be great. We usually do lots of table service meals but in the past we've said it could be fun to do a whole trip with no sit down meals at all. Could be very freeing. So worst case we do that, and see what it's like.

Up until earlier this week I have been super excited for our trip in 4 weeks. We are staying at the Poly and celebrating my boyfriend's 50th (belatedly since it was in November but we couldn't get the time off to go). We have reservations at every restaurant we wanted to eat at and this is our first trip since we were at DL the week the parks closed in 2020.

I am still excited but it seems to have been tempered a little by the negativity I keep reading online. I get people want to do what is best for them and can feel how they feel but it seems to have gotten to me this week. I am hoping seeing the FARTS videos and pictures starting tomorrow will turn it all around. (Although just thinking about getting to go to our first epcot festival got me pumped up again)
As best as you can, filter out the negativity and focus on your own positives! We're going in less than 2 weeks, and very much looking forward to getting back to the Arts Festival, a Beach Club cabana day, and 7 nights with our younger son...... It won't be perfect, but even before Covid it wasn't perfect!

Hope you have a fabulous trip with lots of positive memories!

I really want to lay off the TS this trip. Due to pricing and paying for G+/ILL but I also have so many QS places I want to try. But DD has a list of TS places she wants to do. I’m thinking 4 ADRs for a 9 night trip is a good compromise.

ETA: with G+ and not knowing times we may get I don’t want to be tied down with ADRs. I found it much easier to make ADRs with FP+.

Last edited:

You will love Biergarten!!!!! We tried that for the first time in December 2020. It was amazing! My only regret is that we were not hungry enough. It’s now a must do for us and we will skip QS and snacks next time, before going.
I didn’t have room to fit it into our trip we’re taking the following week so when his sister suggested I got so excited! It’ll be a little weird going to for a few hours before our big vacation, but I’m sure they’ll both be magical times

To directly answer the question: I am SUPER excited to go! I'm also super hopeful and a bit wary.
We're scheduled to be there beginning of March, DVC villa etc. After that we're headed to Margaritaville for an extra week. Looking forward to that because we've never been. We plan to do some park days from there as well.

Covid is surging in Florida/Orlando. If I was leaving anytime soon I would cancel. Just doesn't feel safe to me.
I'm really hoping it's nearing it's spike and will settle down in the next few months. If not, another cancelled trip.

I wanted to say to the several people who are disappointed at not getting restaurant reservations.....keep checking. I periodically look at my ap just for fun and see what's available same day or a few days down the road. So many really great places have one-off availability. I've seen Topolinos, Ohana, Teppan Edo, Oga's, etc. A lot of people cancel and they become available on the ap. Don't give up!

We are going late February. I can’t find the excitement because we haven’t traveled in so long it doesn’t seem real. We are at the mark with Disney rental store that if we cancel we lose fifty percent. We are vaccinated and boosted but I’m nervous. DH isn’t worried. We have plans to swim with dolphins at discovery cove and DD is super excited. I think once I get there the excitement will kick in. We have only one park day planned
Otherwise sea world for shows, dolphins and pool time!

I'm more excited about our upcoming May 2022 trip than I was for our past December trip. Most of the reason being is that we're doing CL at GDT and we're just doing 2 days at Epcot for F&G.

Thank you for starting a thread with enthusiasm OP. Makes my day. I am excited to go in March. It's two Disney days, a day at SeaWorld, and visiting relatives who live in the area. I will be taking my 85 year old dad to Flower and Garden, something we have both always wanted to do, but have never done.

Last edited:
Yep. We went in December and had a very nice time. We are heading back here in February and are super excited. I get why some people might be put off, but we are not park warriors, like hanging out at some of the nice hotels and kinds don't mind the genie or paid LL thing.

We always stay at Grand Floridian, but this time we are trying Beach Club. Pool looks really neat!

We are here now, staying at Riviera, and the weather is perfect. Crowds are manageable and we are having a great time. Did a VIP tour our first full day (and it was amazing, John is the best guide) and now we can just relax and not be pushed to get to rides. I'm happy we are here now and loving it.

I really want to lay off the TS this trip. Due to pricing and paying for G+/ILL but I also have so many QS places I want to try. But DD has a list of TS places she wants to do. I’m thinking 4 ADRs for a 9 night trip is a good compromise.

ETA: with G+ and not knowing times we may get I don’t want to be tied down with ADRs. I found it much easier to make ADRs with FP+.
Re: Your edit, don't worry about any conflicts. They realize this is a possibility and if you have an ADR the same time as your ride window you just do your ADR and they'll let you do your ride when you are done. We had several conflicts and it was ok

We are here now, staying at Riviera, and the weather is perfect. Crowds are manageable and we are having a great time. Did a VIP tour our first full day (and it was amazing, John is the best guide) and now we can just relax and not be pushed to get to rides. I'm happy we are here now and loving it.

Good to know! We leave on Saturday!! So excited to go! Glad to hear crowds are manageable! Have a magical vacation!

Our next trip will be fun. we are spending 3 days at universal, then 4 days at WDW.
Looking forward to some of the restaurants and shows that are now open that were no open last year when we were there.
Not a fan of Genie +, but vowing to do better with it this time rather than the awkward 1st week it opened. that was part of the problem, we were there day 1 when it started and nobody understood it or how to use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter