is there a monthly pass or other affordable method for daily transport from orlando airport to any disney property?

elizabethswan

DIS Veteran
so hubby has just accepted a position on orlando airport property. i have an AP but won't have a car. is there any reasonable way for me to get from orlando airport to any disney property on a regular basis without costing a fortune? does mears or sunshine flyer offer a monthly pass? any ideas would be most appreciated! thanks in advance!

Well at some point:

Construction is underway on the Brightline Orlando Station with service expected to begin in 2022.

Traveling from Orlando to Miami will get easier in 2022 when construction is estimated to be completed on the Orlando International Airport (MCO) Brightline Train Station. Currently running from Miami to West Palm Beach, the high speed rail system will travel up to 125 miles per hour to get you from Orlando to Miami in approximately 3 hours. Future plans include building a stop at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort, West to Tampa and additional South Florida stops including stations in Aventura, Boca Raton and cruise Port Miami.

Brightline announced Tuesday that it has finished construction of tracks at Orlando International Airport. The South Florida company is closing in on completion of a 170-mile extension from West Palm Beach and is about a year from beginning passenger service between Miami and Orlando, with multiple stops in between.Feb 15, 2022

Brightline officials told The Palm Beach Post that once the tracks are operational, the system will go through extensive safety testing.

Passengers can expect rail service between South Florida and Orlando to start in early 2023.

A 30 day pass for Lynx which is the local bus system costs $50. Getting between MCO & WDW (Disney Springs) would require changing buses and the trip will take 1 hour 40 minutes at a minimum.

A 30 day pass for Lynx which is the local bus system costs $50. Getting between MCO & WDW (Disney Springs) would require changing buses and the trip will take 1 hour 40 minutes at a minimum.
yikes! good to know . thank you for that very useful info . that is probably more than i will be able to manage as far as the time it takes but i really appreciate knowing about that option. thanks again : )

Well at some point:

Construction is underway on the Brightline Orlando Station with service expected to begin in 2022.

Traveling from Orlando to Miami will get easier in 2022 when construction is estimated to be completed on the Orlando International Airport (MCO) Brightline Train Station. Currently running from Miami to West Palm Beach, the high speed rail system will travel up to 125 miles per hour to get you from Orlando to Miami in approximately 3 hours. Future plans include building a stop at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort, West to Tampa and additional South Florida stops including stations in Aventura, Boca Raton and cruise Port Miami.

Brightline announced Tuesday that it has finished construction of tracks at Orlando International Airport. The South Florida company is closing in on completion of a 170-mile extension from West Palm Beach and is about a year from beginning passenger service between Miami and Orlando, with multiple stops in between.Feb 15, 2022

Brightline officials told The Palm Beach Post that once the tracks are operational, the system will go through extensive safety testing.

Passengers can expect rail service between South Florida and Orlando to start in early 2023.
thank you . will have to watch to see what options will be available from mco to disney properties and the cost. thanks for that info : )

thank you . will have to watch to see what options will be available from mco to disney properties and the cost. thanks for that info : )
The Brightline train from MCO to Tampa with stop at WDW, near DS, is years away. The last I read was that the route through Orlando hadn't been approved yet. So not really an option right now.

You might inquire and they might scare up or conjure up something for you.

Boston's MBTA has monthly passes that cost roughly the fares for twenty round trips (almost every day Monday through Friday) a month. You save on the last few weekday commutes plus weekend travel.

You might get a deal for $500. a month from Mears or Sunshine; that is a third off (discount) from commuting every day Mon-Fri). No reservations; you would take any bus from MCO and get off at any stop it already scheduled for. For coming back to MCO they would have to oblige and tell you over the phone a few hours in advance a few times and resorts (that day's already scheduled trips) to choose from.

Last edited:

so hubby has just accepted a position on orlando airport property. i have an AP but won't have a car. is there any reasonable way for me to get from orlando airport to any disney property on a regular basis without costing a fortune? does mears or sunshine flyer offer a monthly pass? any ideas would be most appreciated! thanks in advance!
Looking at this from another direction - couldn't you occasionally drop your husband off and take the car to WDW for the day, picking him up on the way home?

Looking at this from another direction - couldn't you occasionally drop your husband off and take the car to WDW for the day, picking him up on the way home?
Lol good suggestion but I don’t drive much so probably not for me : )

You might inquire and they might scare up or conjure up something for you.

Boston's MBTA has monthly passes that cost roughly the fares for twenty round trips (almost every day Monday through Friday) a month. You save on the last few weekday commutes plus weekend travel.

You might get a deal for $500. a month from Mears or Sunshine; that is a third off (discount) from commuting every day Mon-Fri). No reservations; you would take any bus from MCO and get off at any stop it already scheduled for. For coming back to MCO they would have to oblige and tell you over the phone a few hours in advance a few times and resorts (that day's already scheduled trips) to choose from.
Thank you I’m thinking I will ask them directly. Tried calling both but was on hold for a long time so will try again . The airports have been very busy with weather related cancellations so these companies are busy trying to respond to all of those changes to plans . Hopefully when things settle down I can get through . Thanks for the reply : )

My memory is Lynx used to have a south route from the airport which got you to WDW without needing to change buses. You can periodically check and see if there are route changes.

I suggest writing, email or snail mail Mears and Sunshine People answering the phone won't be able to help you. You may be asking them to offer a new pricing option

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter