• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is there a April 2008 code watch thread? **This seems to be it!!

Is there a expiraton date?? I would book under the code then cancel if another code comes out if it is better. And were you planning on staying at a moderate or deluxe? I am assuming you are going in April. Do you already have a reservation?:cheer2:

Yes - staying April 2-4 (2 nights) - want to stay at Animal Kingdom lodge, and obviously looking to get the best deal...and wasn't sure if 20% was "great" (i'm not sure what the expiration is on the PIN #...)

Andrew.

Yes - staying April 2-4 (2 nights) - want to stay at Animal Kingdom lodge, and obviously looking to get the best deal...and wasn't sure if 20% was "great" (i'm not sure what the expiration is on the PIN #...)

Andrew.
I am assuming 20% is off the rack rate. Better than nothing!! You can apply your code to your existing reservation then if something better comes up, use that. Is this your first time staying at Disney? I see you are new to the boards. This is a great place for info.

I'm also looking for a code for April. We're hoping to go April 18th-26th. Does anyone know when they will be out. I didn't see anything posted here yet.

I'm also looking for a code for April. We're hoping to go April 18th-26th. Does anyone know when they will be out. I didn't see anything posted here yet.

those are the exact dates we'll be at the pop! Still watching.

I've been very surprised by the adr's I've been able to get so close out. We changed our vacation plans right after christmas. The only thing I couldn't get was le cellier for dinner...we got it for lunch. doesn't matter to me...1st time there. We got CRT for dinner no problem, that was my shocker and I just booked that on Wed!!

those are the exact dates we'll be at the pop! Still watching.

I've been very surprised by the adr's I've been able to get so close out. We changed our vacation plans right after christmas. The only thing I couldn't get was le cellier for dinner...we got it for lunch. doesn't matter to me...1st time there. We got CRT for dinner no problem, that was my shocker and I just booked that on Wed!!

We decided this last minute & things are not set in stone yet so I'm hoping we can get things finalized in the next few days so I can start making reservations. Hopefully there will be some slots left. We like to eat early so that is normally in our favor.

We did Le Cellier last time we were there for lunch. It was terrific! I don't like eating such a large meal at night anyway & it's cheaper at lunch time.

I hope we see a code soon. We'll probably just go ahead & book our room at Animal Kingdom & apply the code later.

Hello everyone, I too am planning to go sometime in late April. I was hoping for a moderate resort with an AP discount which I haven't gotten yet (the AP that is.) I'm sort of waiting for the last possible moment since they're only good for 1 year. Anyway, I've been reading this thread and noticed that some of you just book and then have your codes added later. I was just wondering how that worked? I'm hoping to be there for more than a week and this will be my first time booking a Disney vacation. I was just curious how you can add codes later, what kind of deposit do they require and when would be a good time to order my AP so I can hopefully get some April discounts on the rooms. Any information will be very appreciated. Thanks. :)

Hello everyone, I too am planning to go sometime in late April. I was hoping for a moderate resort with an AP discount which I haven't gotten yet (the AP that is.) I'm sort of waiting for the last possible moment since they're only good for 1 year. Anyway, I've been reading this thread and noticed that some of you just book and then have your codes added later. I was just wondering how that worked? I'm hoping to be there for more than a week and this will be my first time booking a Disney vacation. I was just curious how you can add codes later, what kind of deposit do they require and when would be a good time to order my AP so I can hopefully get some April discounts on the rooms. Any information will be very appreciated. Thanks. :)

If you add a code to an existing reservation, they just adjust your balance of how much you have left to pay at check-in. If you book straight out with an AP, you have to just pay one night's deposit and the rest upon checking in.

You can book via phone without an AP, as they do not ask for your AP number, just that you have it with you upon checking in. When calling, tell them you have an existing reservation and would like to apply the said AP discount. Your particular resort may not be offered, but they more than likely will give you alternatives if you are open to move.

In order to book online, you must have an AP number in hand to enter the site.

Remember, in order to check in at your resort with an AP rate, you have to have a valid AP, not a voucher, to show the CM. So, if you order an AP voucher in advance, you have to go to Guest Services at one of the parks or DTD to activate it before checking in.

hello! i noticed you said that the AP is only good for one year and that's the reason you're waiting to get one. you may already know this, but i thought it couldn't hurt to mention it in case you didn't. that one-year deadline doesn't start to run until you activate the AP. what will happen is when you order it they'll send you a voucher. you have to take that voucher to the parks (or downtown disney, i think) to turn it in and they'll give you the actual AP at that point. THAT is when the one year starts to run. for example, i ordered my AP in july 2007 and went to WDW in september 2007. therefore, my AP doesn't expire until september 22, 2008, 12 months from the day i activated it. :)

:wizard: Hello everyone!

My wonderful DH surprised me by telling me that he wants to go back to WDW for our 2nd anniversary!!:love: Hoping that codes/discounts will come out soon. But no matter what we are still planning on going March 30-April 4 (or sometime around those dates) without the kids...Still trying to talk him into bringing the baby, don't know if I can leave him home that long :cutie: Right now we are planning on staying at POR, but if the right discount came along, we would definitely love to revist the GF where we stayed on our honeymoon.:cloud9: Hoping for some magic!:wizard:

If you add a code to an existing reservation, they just adjust your balance of how much you have left to pay at check-in. If you book straight out with an AP, you have to just pay one night's deposit and the rest upon checking in.

You can book via phone without an AP, as they do not ask for your AP number, just that you have it with you upon checking in. When calling, tell them you have an existing reservation and would like to apply the said AP discount. Your particular resort may not be offered, but they more than likely will give you alternatives if you are open to move.

In order to book online, you must have an AP number in hand to enter the site.

Remember, in order to check in at your resort with an AP rate, you have to have a valid AP, not a voucher, to show the CM. So, if you order an AP voucher in advance, you have to go to Guest Services at one of the parks or DTD to activate it before checking in.

Thanks for the info, I'll try to remember that. :goodvibes

hello! i noticed you said that the AP is only good for one year and that's the reason you're waiting to get one. you may already know this, but i thought it couldn't hurt to mention it in case you didn't. that one-year deadline doesn't start to run until you activate the AP. what will happen is when you order it they'll send you a voucher. you have to take that voucher to the parks (or downtown disney, i think) to turn it in and they'll give you the actual AP at that point. THAT is when the one year starts to run. for example, i ordered my AP in july 2007 and went to WDW in september 2007. therefore, my AP doesn't expire until september 22, 2008, 12 months from the day i activated it. :)

I actually didn't know this. Thanks so much for the info. :goodvibes

Would you or anyone know if you could buy an AP at the Disney store? Also, is there anywhere else you can go to activate your voucher? And lastly, around when could we expect the April discounts to be announced? Thanks again for anyone who took the time to help. :)
Oh, and congratulations on your 2nd anniversary WDWINJUNE! Hope you guys get a lot of pixie dust! ;)

Would you or anyone know if you could buy an AP at the Disney store? Also, is there anywhere else you can go to activate your voucher? And lastly, around when could we expect the April discounts to be announced? Thanks again for anyone who took the time to help. :)
Oh, and congratulations on your 2nd anniversary WDWINJUNE! Hope you guys get a lot of pixie dust! ;)

Don't know about the store, but we often buy ours online through the disney website. When you do that you print a certificate and you take that with you to the guest relations window and they will print your AP the day your turn it in. We did this last summer when the rumor was out that the price was going up the next day. So purchased the night before and saved $30 a ticket...!

I haven't done it, but I heard you can buy an AP voucher at the Disney Store. I rather find any excuse to call WDW myself and pray I get stuck on hold for a bit so I can listen to some Disney music!
I did just learn you can activate an AP at the Guest Services at either water park also. Would be nice if you could activate them at the resorts, eh? But just a tip .... the DTD Guest Services, from my experience, has shorter lines and is very efficient. Avoid going to Guest Services around opening at the parks because you are in line with a ton of other people who are having problems with their tickets and asking all kinds of questions.
My lastly, to answer your lastly, is last year, AP rates for April were announced at the end of February. Hopefully, it's the same this year, or earlier!

subscribing!

We are planning our FIRST trip to Disney for April 6-12 and have not made any reservations yet. Hoping for a code!!!!

This will be for my 4 yr. olds b-day... she will be turning 5!

Hi,
I work at the Disney Store. We only sell 3,4,5 & 7 day tickets, no AP's.

:surfweb: oh code where are u:rotfl:

No kidding! I ended up booking my room last night because I just couldn't wait any longer & I figured I could also apply it later. It would be nice to know though I as can spend that money elsewhere.

Who actually posts the codes on these boards? Is it someone who has got lucky when they telephoned Disney and then decides to share it or is it done some other way?

Don't know about the store, but we often buy ours online through the disney website. When you do that you print a certificate and you take that with you to the guest relations window and they will print your AP the day your turn it in. We did this last summer when the rumor was out that the price was going up the next day. So purchased the night before and saved $30 a ticket...!

Thanks!! I may try this, though I hope my printer doesn't run out of ink.:rotfl:

I haven't done it, but I heard you can buy an AP voucher at the Disney Store. I rather find any excuse to call WDW myself and pray I get stuck on hold for a bit so I can listen to some Disney music!
I did just learn you can activate an AP at the Guest Services at either water park also. Would be nice if you could activate them at the resorts, eh? But just a tip .... the DTD Guest Services, from my experience, has shorter lines and is very efficient. Avoid going to Guest Services around opening at the parks because you are in line with a ton of other people who are having problems with their tickets and asking all kinds of questions.
My lastly, to answer your lastly, is last year, AP rates for April were announced at the end of February. Hopefully, it's the same this year, or earlier!

:worship: Thank You!! :worship: This gives me an idea of when to start waking up early just to go online. :surfweb:

Hi,
I work at the Disney Store. We only sell 3,4,5 & 7 day tickets, no AP's.

Oh, I thought some Disney Stores sold them? Well, thanks very much for the heads up. :thumbsup2

subscribing!

We are planning our FIRST trip to Disney for April 6-12 and have not made any reservations yet. Hoping for a code!!!!

This will be for my 4 yr. olds b-day... she will be turning 5!

I would suggest you make your reservations ASAP. I've recently learned that you could apply a code to an existing reservation later. If you wait too long there may not be anything available! According to another post, some of the resorts are already booked for early April :eek: Just thought you'd want to know. Hope your first trip is magical! pixiedust:

Who actually posts the codes on these boards? Is it someone who has got lucky when they telephoned Disney and then decides to share it or is it done some other way?

The codes can always be found via a link on the home page of the DIS. There's also some other sites that post codes too. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter