Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Chefs de France

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Another Epcot TS restaurant

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

JeninTexas

DIS Veteran
I am trying to pick one of these two restaurants for dinner at Epcot. LC is a lot more expensive, but is it worth it? Is the filet mignon there that much better than the beef tenderloin at Chefs? Any advice would be appreciated!

No, IMHO LC is not worth the difference. Indifferent food and service.

Thank you for the information. I have heard that both Yachtsman and Shula's are good, but I am trying to stick with a restaurant in the WS. We don't have that much time in Epcot and I don't want to have to leave for dinner.

I certainly don't think LeCellier is worth it. The place is loud, dark and way overpriced, even by Disney standards. I actually like the steak better at Coral Reef and Chefs de France much better than what was on my plate at LeCellier. All the mushroom sauce and risotto in the world could not make up for it. If you want a really good steak then head over to Shula's or Yachtsman Steakhouse; If on the DDP then Yachtsman is an excellent choice and only a few minutes from Epcot.

We are not on the DDP. We are paying out of pocket. Actually, I am not even limiting the meal to steak. It is just that steak is always a good choice and some of the other TS restaurants aren't really all that appealing to me. Tokyo Dining looks good, but my kids can eat their weight in sushi, so that would probably end up being even more expensive that LC, where at least we can share some things. The fish at Rose & Crown looks good, but isn't it the same think you get at the Yorkshire CS stand? We are in Texas and have excellent Mexican food here, so I'm afraid we would be disappointed by any of the restaurants in Mexico.

I do think the filet At Le cellier is excellent. Not that the Chefs of France is bad either but the food and the service at LC was a little better IMO. We ate at LC in January.

LC is our number one must do restaurant at WDW. We love our meals there.

We ate at Yachtsman for the first time last trip and thought it was ok, but not as good as LC.

I understand your issue with not wanting to leave the world showcase, but it's not even a 10 minute walk from the International Gateway (by France) to the Yachtsman Steakhouse. It's about as far as walking from LeCellier to Chefs de France, and there are usually no crowds to contend with along the way.

I disagree, The steak at LC is the best steak I have ever put in my mouth! But I can't argue with the fact that it's overpriced, I will only go there with free dining

The best steak on property is the Filet Mignon at Narcoossee's. It costs what it does for a reason. :)

Shula's is good as is the Upstair's Dining Room at Wolfgang Puck.

Saltgrass Steakhouse where we live is fabulous and I would prefer that over Le Cellier, Chef's de France, Yachtsman and the various other places in WDW.

For the record, we have eaten at Le Cellier and had the filet about 7 times.

Yachtsman once, 5 of us, and it took 3 tries for them to get our steak right. First time it mooed at us, 2nd time it was leather and the 3rd time it was right...and not worth the wait, sadly.

We have had the steak at Chef's twice and both times is was disappointing....average.

As you can see, you'll get lots of very different opinions. Le Cellier is good but I've had a very good steak at Chefs de France too. I prefer The Yachtsman. Love it and the YC/BC / Boardwalk area in the evening. But, since you don't want to leave the park I'd pick France. Personally, Le Cellier's steak isn't that much better that it's worth the extra $ and I prefer the appetizer and dessert selections at Chefs.

Le Cellier has gone down hill in my opinion. I understand that you do not want to leave Epcot, but I would go out the international gateway and walk to Flying Fish. The steak there is amazing, but they are closed until the fall for refurb. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter