• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is the "no tank tops" rule for the MDR enforced for women?

SpaceSquirrel

Mouseketeer
We're wanting to eat at a MDR when we first get on the ship and not sure if tank tops will be permitted.

No. (No it's not enforced, answering your subject line. Yes, it's permitted, answering your actual post's sentences.)

It's one of those things only naughty for men to wear. Though I think they mean a dressy tank, not an undershirt or workout shirt, and men don't really don't have dressy tank tops lol.

We have even seen men wear them in the MDR. I think pretty much anything goes now.

My husband said he saw a guy in what appeared to be a wet bathing suit for dinner this time around.... I didn't realize tank tops were a no go, I wore one with the jolly roger on pirate night

My husband said he saw a guy in what appeared to be a wet bathing suit for dinner this time around.... I didn't realize tank tops were a no go, I wore one with the jolly roger on pirate night
Unfortunately, the "tank top" name is most likely a leftover term from a time that a tank top was, basically, a man's underwear (sleeveless) t shirt.
tank tops.jpg

I think the meaning is what is sometimes referred to as "wife beaters".

The current jersey materiel sleeveless (usually in various colors, with decoration) that, usually, women wear isn't what's generally thought of as banned.

I did wear a tank to dinner one night but just about froze... they keep the MDRs pretty cool so I bring a longer sleeved shirt with me if I happen to be wearing one now.

I did wear a tank to dinner one night but just about froze... they keep the MDRs pretty cool so I bring a longer sleeved shirt with me if I happen to be wearing one now.

Yes the mdrs are kept cold. The servers and assistant servers work hard in the mdrs if it wasn't cold in there they will be sweating in your food and drinks

I observed one family last spring. Kids in swimsuits and cover-ups, dad in Castaway Cay tank and board shorts, Mom was in workout leggings, sports bra and racerback tank and looked as if she had come right from the gym.
Ugh. I can see that in the buffet (more casual atmosphere), but in the dining rooms, it just seems it should be a bit more "classy" dress.

But, as usual, Disney CMs won't question anyone who has the attitude that "it's my vacation, I'll dress as I please".

But, as usual, Disney CMs won't question anyone who has the attitude that "it's my vacation, I'll dress as I please".

among the reasons I find DCL less and less desirable as compared to the early years.

If I want to eat next to folks in underwear and flip flops I can stay home and eat at Applebee's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter