Is the Magic in NYC yet?

No clue. Just know that it was here and causing riptides, currents, and heavy surf.
Why would that effect a cruise ship and they are heading to Canada today. Seems odd, but I'm sure the crew enjoyed the day and night in NYC. I know they really enjoy the overnights.

Why would that effect a cruise ship and they are heading to Canada today. Seems odd, but I'm sure the crew enjoyed the day and night in NYC. I know they really enjoy the overnights.

Like I said, I have no clue. I didn't make the decisions.

I had planned to go in and see her off today, but a tooth abscess over the weekend led to a dental visit on Monday led to an extraction today, :sick: :sick: :sick:

So I'll have to catch her next time she's in port. I don't want to be far from home in case the bleeding starts again (and the way the subways are, plus the walk to them from the West Side Highway, dealing with something like this, Manhattan to Brooklyn is "far". LOL.)

Since Maria has now blossomed into a Cat 1 storm again I wonder if it will affect the Magic's Canadian itinerary this week. I just saw on the Marine app that the Magic's destination is Bar Harbor....was Bar Harbor originally on the itinerary? Nevermind....the answer is yes...there were already scheduled to go to Bar Harbor.

http://www.nyharborwebcam.com/

MJ

Last edited:
Since Maria has now blossomed into a Cat 1 storm again I wonder if it will affect the Magic's Canadian itinerary this week. I just saw on the Marine app that the Magic's destination is Bar Harbor....was Bar Harbor originally on the itinerary? Nevermind....the answer is yes...there were already scheduled to go to Bar Harbor.

http://www.nyharborwebcam.com/

MJ
This is the projected course of Maria:
151743_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

It could affect how rough the water is, but I don't think the storm itself will be an issue.

I had planned to go in and see her off today, but a tooth abscess over the weekend led to a dental visit on Monday led to an extraction today, :sick: :sick: :sick:

So I'll have to catch her next time she's in port. I don't want to be far from home in case the bleeding starts again (and the way the subways are, plus the walk to them from the West Side Highway, dealing with something like this, Manhattan to Brooklyn is "far". LOL.)
Sorry...I hope you feel better soon.

Sorry...I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks! The *good* thing was my parents had come into town for a visit and when we discovered that none of the emergency dental places take the UFT dental plan, they called THEIR dentist in TN to see what if anything I could do until I got into my dentist (hopefully - which did happen) on Monday and he went ahead and prescribed penicillin for me so there was no waiting period to get meds into my system.

Wow, thank so much for the pictures. Do you work in Jersey City? My son lives in the Heights. Just moved there from Hoboken.

I can not wait till next Monday. DH and I just got up graded!! Feeling the Pixie Dust!
Wow, that's awesome! How do you get upgraded on DCL? Do they send you a letter with your new room? Have a great trip!

Thanks! The *good* thing was my parents had come into town for a visit and when we discovered that none of the emergency dental places take the UFT dental plan, they called THEIR dentist in TN to see what if anything I could do until I got into my dentist (hopefully - which did happen) on Monday and he went ahead and prescribed penicillin for me so there was no waiting period to get meds into my system.

How wonderful that dentists worked together to give you help!

Wow, that's awesome! How do you get upgraded on DCL? Do they send you a letter with your new room? Have a great trip!

I created a separate thread regarding the Upgrade. What happened is they called me. I was driving and saw the call was from Kissimmee, Florida. I almost did not answer. The CM was so sweet. We went from an Oceanview on Deck 2 to deck 8 Family Verrandah. Cat 9C to Cat 4B. I still can't believe it.

A couple people responded that never heard of DCL calling with an upgraded.

I did get an email with my reservation showing the new cabin assignment.

Still smiling about it!

I created a separate thread regarding the Upgrade. What happened is they called me. I was driving and saw the call was from Kissimmee, Florida. I almost did not answer. The CM was so sweet. We went from an Oceanview on Deck 2 to deck 8 Family Verrandah. Cat 9C to Cat 4B. I still can't believe it.

A couple people responded that never heard of DCL calling with an upgraded.

I did get an email with my reservation showing the new cabin assignment.

Still smiling about it!
Incredible! Congrats!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter