• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

is the ddp price up for 2007?

Price increase and half of the dining venues are pending and may not accept the plan anymore. Almost all of epcots world showcase is pending whether they will or not anymore, and only one in DTD not pending that still takes it is capn jacks. they increase the price but wiped out over 34 places. I have 3 adr's now that I have no idea what to do we really wanted those ugh. :furious: :bride:

As far as my earlier question, I see on another board that the kids price stayed at $10.99 per day.

Lostgirlz, if you already made those adr's it should be okay, someone on another thread said that adrs made before the new list came out are safe in 2007. Call and make sure!

dementia412 said:
Lostgirlz, if you already made those adr's it should be okay, someone on another thread said that adrs made before the new list came out are safe in 2007. Call and make sure!

I wouldn't count on that happening. Last June as I prepared for our WDW trip with our 11 year old grandson we had everything set, then boom, Disney decided to change the age of kids from 11 to 9. Needless to say my grandson went from a child to a disney adult immediately. We had all of our ADRs set which included some buffets. So folks on these boards started calling as they were in the same boat as us. I wasn't going to pay adult prices for my grandson to eat nuggets and pizza. And you can guess that Dining told folks, not to worry, if you made your ADRs prior to July 1 age change, it would be honored at the restraurants.....not so fast. That was so much bull. Not one buffet would honor our prior to the change ADR. We went to the desk at Cape May and told the manager that we had made the ADR in April and would we have to now pay adult prices for grandson. The answer YES, so we canceled. We then had to cancel all buffets. He's not into characters, but since it was a good deal for him as a child to eat on the kids buffet and he likes that food we scheduled them. We have not done a buffet since, except Trails End and we don't mind paying adult prices for him to eat there, since that is his kind of food. The bottom line is, anyone who goes to WDW thinking that the restraurant that is no longer listed is going to honor your credits, they better ask the manager when they get there and have a back up plan.

Lostgirlz said:
Price increase and half of the dining venues are pending and may not accept the plan anymore. Almost all of epcots world showcase is pending whether they will or not anymore, and only one in DTD not pending that still takes it is capn jacks. they increase the price but wiped out over 34 places. I have 3 adr's now that I have no idea what to do we really wanted those ugh. :furious: :bride:
Are there any in Epcot that have said they'll stay with it?

There is a sticky that list what was taken off. Epcot lost alot, but there are still places doing the DDP including Coral Reef, Rose and Crown, and Electric Umbrella... not gonna try listing everything.

From what I have gathered from being on the phone with disney Travel CM and Dining cm it's all a mess. Disney Travel cm said they had a meeting and was told NOTHING about something this big going on with the plan, and then I called dining and dining actually had no idea what was going on I spoke to 3 who were like wait a min what are you talking about!!!!! Can you hang on while I go find out about this I have not heard anything about this going on. They put me on hold and came back saying yep they are sorry but for now all those are pending and don't have a clue what may happen with them. So far I know it is France, Mexico, Japan, Italy, Morraco, China. There maybe one or 2 have forgotten. This is our first time going to Disney and our honeymoon. I went over place after place after place trying to pick the most magical experiences and booked the Ressies yesterday the 5th the min they opened and no one said anything about any of this till today. Also all of Downtown Disney is pending and undecided. I think capn jacks is the only one who is still on it.

I wouldn't count on being able to use the Dining Plan at restaurants that aren't on the participating restaurants list, but by the same token, there can be a lot of movement, both on and off the participating list, between now and the beginning of 2007. Remember, restaurants can actually leave the list at any time, not just at the beginning of the year, and in such cases, Dining Plan participants would learn about that only at check-in. Be flexible, adjust to the changes you encounter, and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

That's why I said call.... don't want to THINK they'll let you use the adrs, then get sucker punched when you get there.

I hope they add a few back, I think the rise in cost is quite minimal, and won't make a differnece to me, but some of the places they got rid of were high on my list of desired restaurants.

I called and no they will not honor ressies made before all this happened. She said that starting on jan 1st whatever is not listed as back on the plan will no longer have the machines they use to scan your Key card so no way for them to deduct the credits. Basicallythey said you can either hold on to the ressies I made the night before all this happend, or change and get something else before things fill up. One actually told me to call back as late as around dec I was like umm no thanks I will have it figured out what I need to do by no later than tuesday. I just did not want the stress of looking at other ressies after I spent a month on these. Oh well I will most likely changed the 3 that are now pending and get something different until I see what happens. :bride:

Don't forget folks, that ADRs are not connected to the DDP. So when disney dining CMs tell you they will still honor ADRs, that doesn't mean the DDP will be honored.

I was told by a CM today that most likely all the epcot restaurants that were on the plan this year will be back on the plan for next. However, he suggested I make two ADRs for the same nights I would normally go to the deleted restaurants, just in case.

The ADRs will still be honored, but the DDP will not....unless they return to the list of approved restaurants.

See that is what I don't understand.... I asked if I could make a ressie either earlier then the one I had or after the one I already had for some place different. I was told no I could not have 2 reservations on the same night for dinners at different places. I was told this by 2 Dining cast members. I did not understand this cause when I mentioned making rose and crown ressies for drinks and appitizers, or dessert for illuminations there was no problem with this only they could not do special seating requests. I felt they should have at least allowed me to make a back up ressie even if I needed to adheare to the cancel policy and hold with a credit card at least allow me the ability to have some sort of back up without having to cancel the ones I badly wanted and try to fight to get them again if they return. :bride:

Lostgirlz said:
See that is what I don't understand.... I asked if I could make a ressie either earlier then the one I had or after the one I already had for some place different. I was told no I could not have 2 reservations on the same night for dinners at different places. I was told this by 2 Dining cast members.
I was just getting ready to warn you that making two ADRs for dinner on the same night could be disastrous. If someone notices it, they will cancel BOTH.

That's a risky strategy, and the fact a CM tells you that and makes the ADRs for you (and they WILL, trying to be helpful) will not help you one bit when you are standing at the restaurant without a table. They'll just say, "I'm sorry they told you that, but there is no reservation in the computer for you."

I think your best bet is what the CMs suggested to you earlier. Make your ADRs. You can always wait to make a decision on the DDP, but you will not always be able to get the ADRs you want. If you wait 3 months, and you don't like the way the DDP looks, just don't buy it. You'll have a wonderful honeymoon with or without DDP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter