• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is the Believe show at Sea World woth extra cost?

natsprat04

Earning My Ears
To those of you that have done it, I wanted to know if the Believe show is worth the extra money? How was the food? It also says that you "are in a reserved section of the stadium." Are these good seats? Is it first come first served or assign seating?

Believe is just a regular show at Sea World. There is no extra cost associated with it. I think what you might be referring to is the Dining with Shamu experience which is separate thing altogether and if I am correct, there is no show associated with it.

Yes, I believe you are talking about Dining with Shamu. To me it was worth it. The food was fine, very good, not as huge a selection by any means as the character meals at Disneyland and WDW but good. It was very nice to be right there, next to the tank. They do give an informal talk, sort of a teaching thing about the whales, you can ask a question if you want. We really enjoyed it and had no regrets. Like everything else on vacation, especially theme park vacations, its high in price. But I would do it again.

We didn't get any special seating for Believe (which was a wonderful show) but we didn't need it. Incidentally, we did lunch, maybe breakfast or dinner has something different attached to it.

Sorry I guess I didn't explain myself clearly. What I meant was the Believe Showtime Picnic... is it worth the extra cost? Does the reserved section of the stadium give you good seats? This is what they have on the Sea World website:

Make more time for fun and enjoy the convenience of a picnic lunch while you watch the sensational new Shamu show. No need to rush to the show, your seats are in a reserved section of the stadium-just take your reserved seat and your Showtime Picnic will be delivered to you.

Adult Meal includes fresh fruit, pasta salad, mini-cheesecake, beverage and your choice of Chicken Dijon on a butter croissant, Beef Tenderloin on freshly-baked rolls, or vegetables and assorted cheeses. Kids meal* includes an all-beef hot dog, potato chips and beverage in a souvenir lunch pail.

Adults ---$12.00 plus tax, Kids* $7.00 plus tax.

Interesting... I've never heard of that before.

I do know that platinum members have reserved seating at each stadium which is pretty cool. We are silver members but thinking of upgrading next year just for that perk! Members also get discounts on food and merchandise as well as free parking.

Sorry I guess I didn't explain myself clearly. What I meant was the Believe Showtime Picnic... is it worth the extra cost? Does the reserved section of the stadium give you good seats? This is what they have on the Sea World website:

Make more time for fun and enjoy the convenience of a picnic lunch while you watch the sensational new Shamu show. No need to rush to the show, your seats are in a reserved section of the stadium-just take your reserved seat and your Showtime Picnic will be delivered to you.

Adult Meal includes fresh fruit, pasta salad, mini-cheesecake, beverage and your choice of Chicken Dijon on a butter croissant, Beef Tenderloin on freshly-baked rolls, or vegetables and assorted cheeses. Kids meal* includes an all-beef hot dog, potato chips and beverage in a souvenir lunch pail.

Adults ---$12.00 plus tax, Kids* $7.00 plus tax.

I don't know about the seats themselves, but that price seems very good for the food. I know we paid more than that for dinner at one of the counter service places and if this meal includes premium seating, I would give it a try. That is a wonderful show, our seats were very good (non soak zone) and we got there around a half hour (maybe even a bit earlier than that) early. Another factor is that you would save time doing this. Since there is so much to do and see, if you can combine a meal with a show to save time and get more done, then I would go for it. We were there from opening to closing (12 hours total) and it took some maneuvering to get the shows done. We missed a couple, but rode all the rides and saw the 3D movie (R.L. Stine's Haunted something or other, very cute) and saw the nightime shows, (Riptide and the fireworks).

Good luck, let us know if you do it and how it turned out!

We did this in May. We had our family of 6 plus my SIL, FIL, & MIL. The seats are right above the soak zone so you don't need to worry about your food getting wet. It's just a reserved section so we still got there about 15-20 min. early and we got the front row of the section. The adult meal included a really good sandwich and fruit. The kid’s meals came in souvenir Shamu lunch packs. It was great because then we didn't need to buy the kids another souvenir and they can use them as lunch boxes. We also liked it because we didn't have to take time out of the day to eat, so we got to see more the day we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter