• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is something going on at WDW April 3 and 4?

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I’m booking for that week and many resorts have availability every day but Wednesday and Thursday, the 3rd and 4th. It just strikes me odd that two days in the middle of the week are the ones that are unavailable, not the weekends.

I’m booking for that week and many resorts have availability every day but Wednesday and Thursday, the 3rd and 4th. It just strikes me odd that two days in the middle of the week are the ones that are unavailable, not the weekends.
I always find it strange that sometimes it's a lonely single night in the middle of a week. It is Easter Week so I guess there could be lots of chaos with people trying to get what they want. Not the 7 month window yet. :confused3 Mind you, it's odd that anything's available. Good luck with stalking and wait list.

Weekdays (Sun to Thurs) tend to fill before weekends -- it is a point cost issue; there are many who usually only book stays for time from Sun through Thurs rather than the more point expensive Fri and Sat .

Moreover, when you see a room category booked full for just one or two days in the middle of the week, it is often an indication that other days in the week are very close to filling, and that would usually be true for Easter week.

Last edited:
As @drusba mentioned they are probably closed to booking and weekdays tend to fill first, and some booking patterns could cause the middle days to be booked solid. For instance:
  • We usually Check in and check out in the middle of week because we drive from CT (we leave on a Saturday and arrive mid week, leave mid week and return on a Sunday)

I always find it strange that sometimes it's a lonely single night in the middle of a week. It is Easter Week so I guess there could be lots of chaos with people trying to get what they want. Not the 7 month window yet. :confused3 Mind you, it's odd that anything's available. Good luck with stalking and wait list.

We are within the 7 month window for that week though, I modified my reservation a few weeks ago. When I modified I could Have had just about anything (except what I really Wanted which was Boardwalk standard) but now the pickings are pretty slim. I think You just have to be on it at 7 months no matter what time of year it is :(

It’s also spring break for lots of schools in the south :)

We are within the 7 month window for that week though, I modified my reservation a few weeks ago. When I modified I could Have had just about anything (except what I really Wanted which was Boardwalk standard) but now the pickings are pretty slim. I think You just have to be on it at 7 months no matter what time of year it is :(

It’s also spring break for lots of schools in the south :)
Yep.
Availability at 7 months and at 7 months minus 5 minutes is very very different everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter