Is Serenity Bay worth it on Castaway Cay?

Rebecca Pocahontas

Mouseketeer
There will be 3 of us going on the cruise, and I am wondering if the adult beach is worth the distance to and from.

We will be wanting to shop, explore and use Pelican Plunge and snorkel in the lagoon while we are at the Cay. So we are definitely going to be traveling to and from the adult beach enough during our time on the island. Is the 1 mile roundtrip to the adult beach worth the distance? Is it super crowded and noisy in the regular part of the beach?

I've been to private islands before and they've never had an adult beach, so that is what is drawing me towards it. Is the adult beach any better than just the regular beach?

Thanks

Last edited:
It's quieter. There is a tram you can ride to Serenity that makes a couple stops along the family beach area as well.

1000% worth it .... in my opinion....

This!! We live 20 minutes from Pensacola Beach and never go but never want to leave Serenity Bay. It's everything a beach should be and more. They also serve lunch over there which is for adults only as well. Not having kids, there's no other place I'd rather be than in a hammock on Castaway Cay!

It's quieter. There is a tram you can ride to Serenity that makes a couple stops along the family beach area as well.

Of note, the tram that takes you to Serenity Bay is not the same tram that you ride from the ship. After departing the ship you take a tram to the family beach and then get off and take a separate tram to Serenity Bay.

Depends on what you like to do. If you enjoy lying on the beach reading a book or watching the waves, it is very worth it. We enjoy the quietness of the area. But then, we are old. :)

This!! We live 20 minutes from Pensacola Beach and never go but never want to leave Serenity Bay. It's everything a beach should be and more. They also serve lunch over there which is for adults only as well. Not having kids, there's no other place I'd rather be than in a hammock on Castaway Cay!

I could live there. It is the most relaxing place in the world to me! And GORGEOUS! Ahhhh.... I'll be there in 2 weeks!

LOVE Serenity Bay. (And just as a note, "adult beach" just means 18+ - NOT nude. Probably should go without saying, but...)

I've never done the snorkeling or Pelican Plunge because I'm so happy on SB.

As far as "shopping" there is NOT that much shopping on the island. No DI or del Sol or anything tacky like that. A couple of local booths and a DCL store or two (mostly its the same merch in each one), but that's it.

So worth it. The beach is more quiet. The water is more clear (if you like looking at fishes you can see them at Serenity Bay but not so much at the family beach). The BBQ is better.

If you're not scared of open water you can also snorkel there. You can make interesting encounters.

And you have at Tram to go from one beach to the other.

It only takes a couple of minutes from the family beach to Serenity Bay by tram and it comes frequently. It doesn't even take that long to walk if you feel like it. We may sometimes spend a bit of time on the family beach if we snorkel or do parasailing, etc. but once that's done, we head to SB and have lunch there. Much fewer people in the water, quiet, easy to find a chair/lounge. Nice little bar behind the lunch place and the lunch area is quieter and less busy.

Hope you don't mind if I piggyback off of your question...For those that have been here before, I do have kids so if I choose to put them in the kids club in the afternoon, are there usually some lounge chairs still available at Serenity Bay after lunch?

There will be 3 of us going on the cruise, and I am wondering if the adult beach is worth the distance to and from.

Thanks

Totally worth it, really not that far and so peaceful.

Hope you don't mind if I piggyback off of your question...For those that have been here before, I do have kids so if I choose to put them in the kids club in the afternoon, are there usually some lounge chairs still available at Serenity Bay after lunch?

Definitely, just keep walking down the beach and you'll find plenty of empty loungers and chairs. Personally I like to carry the chairs and loungers closer to the ocean....they are located so far from the water it drives me crazy.

LOVE Serenity Bay. (And just as a note, "adult beach" just means 18+ - NOT nude. Probably should go without saying, but...)

I LOL'd. Went to Black's Beach one time in San Diego, it was awkward and I forgot sunscreen (>_<)

Last edited:
Dont mean to piggyback on the piggy back, but THERES A KIDS CLUB ON THE ISLAND??????
We can drop the kids and enjoy adult time on a beach without toys. Is this true?? Os it easy to sign up ffor? This is great if true.

Dont mean to piggyback on the piggy back, but THERES A KIDS CLUB ON THE ISLAND??????
We can drop the kids and enjoy adult time on a beach without toys. Is this true?? Os it easy to sign up ffor? This is great if true.

Super exciting right!?! https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ports/castaway-cay/

Scuttle's Cove
The youngest cruisers will enjoy this kid’s club—a "hub" of youth activities supervised by Disney counselors from the ship. This sandy play spot features a whimsical water play area: a 1,200-square-foot soft wet deck area provides fresh-water fun with an array of pop jets, geysers and bubblers. With organized activities and Monstro's Point—a giant whale-bone excavation site—kids will be delighted all day long. (A limited number of all-terrain wheelchairs can be obtained here.)

We will be wanting to shop, explore and use Pelican Plunge and snorkel in the lagoon while we are at the Cay. So we are definitely going to be traveling to and from the adult beach enough during our time on the island. Is the 1 mile roundtrip to the adult beach worth the distance? Is it super crowded and noisy in the regular part of the beach?

I've been to private islands before and they've never had an adult beach, so that is what is drawing me towards it. Is the adult beach any better than just the regular beach?

Thanks
Yes. It's amazing. It's not far at all with the Tram.

The BBQ is better so we put the kids in the Kids Club (yes, it's there on the island and free) and went to SB for a 2nd lunch. We lounged for a little while and it was nice. The beach seemed a bit rockier than the family beach so I didn't go in the water. After a bit, we went back to the kids and the family beach (and more snorkeling)

My 8 yr old dd really liked Scuttle's Cove, we were just there 4 weeks ago. It was still a little chilly when we first arrived, so she played there for a few hours until the water warmed up some. It's really close to the first tram drop off area. They don't take the children out of the area. You check them in and out just like you do on the ship. Make sure you bring your wave phone from the ship with you so they can contact you if needed. Also, the restaurants don't have chicken strips for lunch, but the kids club have a separate eating area and they do have chicken strips at it.

Also, for the OP, best part about the adult's beach is you don't have to worry about stepping on some kid's sand castle or in a hole where they dug up sand to make castle every where you walk like on the family beach.

I wasn't expecting to make it to Serenity Bay, but our kids pooped out early and went back onto the ship with their grandparents. DH and I LOVED it and were so glad we were able to go!! The water is gorgeous. We waded out just a little bit, and saw tropical fish swim around our feet, spotted a sand dollar, watched the pelicans swoop down around us. Plenty of chairs, even though it was after lunch when we got there.

Yes! That is exactly what we did on our cruise. My girls had a great time at the CC kids club aka Scuttle's Cove and we enjoyed alone time at the adult beach. If your kids are registered with the kids club on board then they are all set for Scuttle's Cove!

I love Serenity Beach! It is shallow for a long while and very clear. Awesome to swim and relax!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter