• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is September better than October to visit?

AmsMom14

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. Our family has been going to Disneyland/Disney World for 8 years straight. We have been in all different months. Last year, we went Oct. 23-29 and the lines weren't that bad, approx. 30-40 minutes. We wanted to try Sep. 1-8 (2018), which we would be there on Labor Day. From various crowd calendars I have looked at, it looks like September and early October are light crowds. Does anyone have experience going during that Labor Day week? I read that after the actual Labor Day holiday, it's dead after that. Any help is much appreciated!

Only been twice, both times middle of Sept. Crowds weren't to bad. (Last trip was in 2011.) This year not everyone can get our week off so will be trying first week of Oct. Praying for low crowds.

Sometimes free dining is offered in September; I know it was last year. That might be something to consider.

We were there sept 19-26, 2017. I was hoping for low crowds, and there should have been. But there wasn’t.

Irma hit the week before we were there. Lots of people pushed back their trip a week into our week. It was crowded!

Plus it was super hot. Not normally that hot and not a drop of rain and strong sun all day

I won’t be traveling during hurricane season again....

Hello everyone. Our family has been going to Disneyland/Disney World for 8 years straight. We have been in all different months. Last year, we went Oct. 23-29 and the lines weren't that bad, approx. 30-40 minutes. We wanted to try Sep. 1-8 (2018), which we would be there on Labor Day. From various crowd calendars I have looked at, it looks like September and early October are light crowds. Does anyone have experience going during that Labor Day week? I read that after the actual Labor Day holiday, it's dead after that. Any help is much appreciated!
September can be super humid! We have gone 4 different years during the last week of September. We had salt marks on our clothes the last time! So grossly hot & humid. Chance of rain over and over again in the afternoon( which is typical for Florida). The upsetting part was returning to our resort to use the pool to cool off and it was closed 5 out of the 7 days due to lightning within 5 miles! We don't go in September any more.

I would go September. Early October has been crazy the past few years, especially on the weekends. Last year folks reported that September was pretty light (relatively speaking)! It will be quite hot though, so be prepared for that. I agree that Labor Day might be crazy but lots of folks head home right after the holiday so if you stay a few days after that you may get to experience empty-ish parks!

We were pleased with September back in 2015, but since three years have gone by I don't know if crowds have shifted. The headliners still had long lines, but the crowds never struck me as excessive or annoying. Very hot, though.

It can be rainy in Sept and the threat of hurricane's. We were there last Sept when hurricane Irma hit.

We have gone Labor Day week many times (arrive on Labor Day or the day after). It’s one of the lowest crowd weeks of the year. It’s very hot, can be very rainy, and it’s hurricane season. Free dining time so restaurants are busy. MK May close early due to MNSSHP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter