Is quick service dining down a snack?

Sundancer UK

DIS Veteran
Apologies if this has been asked a dozen times already, and I may be completely remembering things wrong, but didn't the QSDP used to have two snacks on it?

We've only bed to Disney once - two years ago. Have just booked again and noticed that we have two QS meals, one snack and the refillable mug. Was sure that previously it was two snacks, two meals and the mug.
But I may be wrong!

If I'm remembering correctly, then it's a real shame. It was so lovely to be the 'yes parents' and say ok every time our kids wanted an ice cream or something. I really didn't want to have to be careful this time!

Yes it used to have two snacks and two meals.

Thanks.

Darn. I kind of hoped I was going crazy and that somehow one snack a day was plenty!
Wish I could upgrade to the table dining plan now :/ Hmm, will have to save harder - can restrict those Dole Whips!

Plus Dining - the next Dining Plan up (1 QS, 1 Snack, 1 TS) is no different

Could be wrong but I think it changed when they started giving the free cup.

Unless you eat every meal in your Resort Hotel, how may refills will a family of 4 or 5 really use?

Not sure if uk offers are different, but the cup was included for us last time.

We did get a lot of refills, but then we were there for 14 nights. We'd have our morning drink, go back for a nap so get a drink then, and sometimes another later on. Sometimes I'd take my cup with me (had a stroller anyway to carry things) and get a refill on my way back from the parks, passing the food court to our room.

It's a shame about the snacks. We don't do that much here, so it was a real treat for my children.

The reduction of snacks wasn't tied to the refillable mug. We got the mugs and 2 snacks in Sept/Oct. 2011 but last year we only got the 1 snack. According to Disney they did this instead of raising the price on the QSDP last year.

To maximize your snack credit usage check out my confirmed snacks thread, link below. Use your SC for the more expensive items and pay OOP for things like bottles of water, coffee, etc.

You get 2 snacks a day on the deluxe dining plan. 3 meals, 2 snacks and a mug. But you have to sell your children to pay for it. =)

Let them have your snacks. Also, you can get a snack where the kids can share and therefore stretch the snacks. You can also pay out of pocket for a snack; this would be cheaper than upgrading dining plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter