Is points swapping on existing resv an option?

Alice Sr.

My little Mouseketeer
I have a resv for AKL that is using (in part) 56-2016 points (June UY) but have 57 points available from (a cancelled resv) 2015. If I call MS would they be able to switch the 2016 points for the 2015 points? I have until 1/31 to bank 2016. TIA!

From what I read elsewhere it generally depends:

If you made the reservation using your 11 month window or not. If you didn't then it should'nt a problem regardsless of which resort the points belongs to. if you did used the 11 month window you can swap the points if the points you are swapping with are from the same resort as the points you used orginally. So AKV points for AKV points. If you whish to swap with points from a different resort MS normally only make the swap if the same accomodation is available to book at the time you make the phone call. Ie SSR points instead of AKV points.

The above also goes if you used the 11 month window to book your accomodation but tries to swap within the 7 months window.

It seems some members have had luck swapping points within the 7 month on reservations which they made using the 11 month window. Ie SSR instead of AKV points.

So to answer your question if the points come from the same resort but different UY then you should be able to make the swap.

Awesome, thanks, I will give MS a call as soon as they open. I like to get feedback here before calling in for less than routine things, sometimes, some of the answers at MS are not quite accurate :upsidedow.

I generally call MS more than once if I'm having a hard time coping with their initial answer to my questions.

So if they wont swap your points, then hang up and try again.

regards

Always verify everything after getting MS to do something not very common. We called MS to swap out points between 2 reservations. They had to cancel one reservation, then swap points on the other reservation with the freed up points, then rebook the cancelled reservation. Everything seemed fine, but after we hung up, we saw that they had also banked our remaining current points (about 100) to the next year - something we had not requested! And our banking deadline was still several months away! Double check everything after they assist you.

Often if booked during your home resort period, they won't let you swap points unless the same category, resort and room size are available at the time of swapping.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter