Is photopass worth it?

my3boys511

Earning My Ears
My husband and I have 2 sons (ages 7 & 8) and we will be visiting WDW for the first time in May. We can't decide if we should get the photopass or not. It seems expensive. Is it worth it? Also, any other tips for this trip (and I mean ANYTHING, Lol) would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks! :-)

If you use the photographers yes.

If you don't no.

I would say yes, it is pricey, but if you buy it before you go then you can some a bit of money.

IMO, I think it is well worth it. Buy the CD in advance to save some $. It is so nice to be able to have these great family pictures with the whole family. I love the "magical" pictures too, like holding Tink in our hands.

We just returned from 8 days. I prepurchased the photopass plus and do not regret it for a second. First of all, my husband does not have a good relationship with cameras, so any hope I had of appearing in any of our pictures (or at least appearing in focus :lmao: ) was in the hands of the photopass photogs!

Second, if you look at the prices for individual prints of any picture taken by a photopass photographer, you'll quickly realize that you wouldn't need to purchase many to reach the threshold that would make you 'break even' on the cost of photopass.

Honestly, I had some qualms going in, especially after seeing posts here about poor photography on the part of the photopass photographers. But really out of 200+ pictures on my account (before editing), I only found a few that were subpar. Sure, there were some that I would have composed differently had I been the photographer, but the benefit of having a true family picture kind of outweighs that for me.

I love photography too much myself to rely completely on photopass, but even in instances where I had two sets of pictures (mine and theirs) of the same 'scene', I think it's always interesting to see what someone else chooses to focus on or to view the same scene from a different vantage point.

In sum, photopass gets a :thumbsup2 from me.

Yes!!! Times a thousand! Pre Order it and take advantage of not taking all the photos. I regret the few trips before I knew about pre order and how worth buying it was.

I ordered mine (just the CD not the PP+) for our upcoming trip b/c I'm tired of not being in the picture all the time. Plus I'm really looking forward to the "magic shots" they take.
I have read that you can return the photo pass if there aren't enough good pictures to warrant spending the $$ (but I'm not sure how that works?)

We love it! It is great as a PP said, for getting shots with the whole family! But you have to make a point to get the pictures taken and find them at all the parks. Our last trip in October we did quite a few and it was well worth it. They usually have a nice way of framing the picture with backgrounds that you might not use too.

Then you can load them with borders and stuff online, and multiply the number of pictures. You also get permission to use the pictures, print them anywhere etc. with the CD.

been using them at least once year since first available
1-take a photo of front & back of card or write down numbers of it somewhere in case lost easier for them to help find your pictures

2-take a black Sharpie write something even a smiley face to idetify it as your card to many times at charactet meet/greets the character handler has more than 1 card in hand

3_ Fill up that card ! :-) I've had over 600 on 1 CD I always tell photograher Please do something special, go crazy, I'm buying the CD, fill it up !

4- Have a GREAT time !

Ruthie

Does WDW have PhotoPass Plus? We used it at DLR and got all our ride photos and a free photo package from a character meal (prints and digitial) in addition to the regular park photopass pics. And it was the same price as the regular photopass ordered after the trip. Now that was a great deal! I was wondering if WDW has as good a deal.

Does WDW have PhotoPass Plus? We used it at DLR and got all our ride photos and a free photo package from a character meal (prints and digitial) in addition to the regular park photopass pics. And it was the same price as the regular photopass ordered after the trip. Now that was a great deal! I was wondering if WDW has as good a deal.

I don't know abt Photopass + but sure it will be worth it fo the rides & character meals that iffer it I remember someone put a list and details here on Dis We can do a search or wait for someone more knowledgable to coome alon,

Ruthie sorry abt spelling I work nights & am starting to get slap happy stupid

We have pre-ordered the regular photo pass for our trip in a couple of weeks. We debated it for a while and, if nothing else, it means that I will get photos of all four of us together instead of me being behind the camera all the time. It will be nice to have some proof that I was on this trip too! :rotfl:

We have pre-ordered the regular photo pass for our trip in a couple of weeks. We debated it for a while and, if nothing else, it means that I will get photos of all four of us together instead of me being behind the camera all the time. It will be nice to have some proof that I was on this trip too! :rotfl:

I'm 'missing' too from decades of family photos thats why I love Photopass Now I just photograph scenery

:rotfl:

Pre-purchase it to save money. Be sure to get lots of pictures taken. Get the most for your money! We tell the photographer please take plenty b/c we purchase the CD. Sometimes they'll take extra pics and others don't care. We usually get 275-325 pictures for each trip. We take a picture of the card they give you with our cell phone. That way if we ever lose it we have the number to get our pictures.

I learned my lesson last year, didn't buy it and ended up paying $60 for 4 pics I had to have. There was more the price per picture is crazy. Already pre-purchased for this year. Lesson learned!

The first yr we went, I bought the CD.

We always use Photopass...because it's a free service, to get a card and have photopass photographers take unlimited pics. It's buying that costs.
I especially love the magical shots....which they will do even when you have the regular photopass.

I know if you buy the CD in advance it's cheaper
Same for buying photopass +...cheaper in advance.

I never buy individual pics from photopass...very expensive.
I like to make the Disney Photobook online which costs $79.95 for 20 pages.
I always go online and make a photobook from our photopass pics. I can fit 5 to 6 good size photos per page, more if I make the pics smaller...so my photobooks end up having 100-120+ pics in them.

If you have a birthday or celebration on your reservation usually they give you a special birthday/celebration photopass in your room, that you can use as a code to get 20% off any photopass order. So the book ends up costing me about $63.00

What I want to know...is Photopass + worth it?
I have been considering buying photopass+ for my trip to WDW next month...but still undecided if it is something worth it for me, because I really like making the photobooks.

I am travelling solo, but I love getting photopass pictures taken all over the parks and with characters.

The only place I have ADR's where they take your pic this time is Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare....i think.

How does it work? Is it much different then using the free Photopass?
When do they send you the CD? Do you have a chance to edit your pics and use backgrounds etc before they send it to you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter