• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it worth doing Studio?

phabric

DIS Veteran
We are going March 2018.

We do not Tower or Rock and Roll.

With all the rides closed is it worth going to the Studio for the day?

We don't do RnRC but do ToT and TSMM, we don't do Star Tours either and we still go and spend at least 3/4 of a day there. There is a lot to see and do especially if you do the shows to take a whole day. I'm a firm believer if you have the tickets and the time that there is something worth seeing and doing at all the parks.

For us, it would be. We do Tower, but our daughter (who is 5) is too short for RnRC. We enjoy the shows, the characters and the relaxed pace we find at HS.

To me, the only reason I might spend a couple hours in DHS is to take a break from the crowds and to see a Disney theme park with not many people in it. Of course, that's assuming that not many people go there, that I have an AP (I wouldn't pay extra for the ability to go to DHS), and that I have the extra time. Otherwise, no way!

Do you have hoppers? If so, go for a couple of hours and then leave. If you don’t have hoppers, I’d skip it unless you have young children who would love the shows.

"all the rides are closed' is simply not a true statement.

Great Movie Ride closed. Backlot Tour closed years ago. Lights Motor Action was a show. Streets of Americs was simply an 'area'. I'm guessing few on this board actually miss the playground.

Can we quit saying 'everything is closed'. It's basically a park that does not appeal to some people. But, to those that it does appeal to, there is plenty to do to spend a day and a half in the park

We are going March 2018.

We do not Tower or Rock and Roll.

With all the rides closed is it worth going to the Studio for the day?

Whats the alternative? Is it better than a resort day or a day at Disney Springs? I think so.

I don't spend an entire day there but I will spend portions of days there on each trip. We will do at least one rope drop and at least one night for Star Wars fireworks and/or Fantasmic

We faced the same dilemma as you OP for our trip in 13 days. Our family doesn't do the mentioned rides either and 2 get motion sickness on Star Tours. So we just felt it wasn't worth a full day since we are not doing hopper tix this trip. IF we had done hoppers we would have possibly scheduled FP there in the late afternoon/evening to account for seeing F!.

Hollywood studios is a decent half day park if not a little more if you plan it right - Star Tours, Indiana Jones Stunt show, Muppet theater, toy story ride - that plus lunch and dinner and then Fantasmic can get you pretty far.

You're going to get a lot of different answers, the right answer for you is really going to depend on what you want to do at the park. For me, I love the park and wouldn't even consider skipping it. I'm having a hard time fitting everything I want to do in one full day for my upcoming trip. There's lots to do at the park even without those 2 rides, far from everything is closed. It just depends on how much of that you want to do.

For my wife and I it's about a 1/2 park. I didn't find any meal options for dinner to my liking so we're heading over to Epcot for dinner. We've got it on our schedule for the day after MK so it's a bit of a mellow day.

If you like shows and/or characters visit along with the few rides you can easily spend 1/2 to 3/4 of a day there.

I'm guessing few on this board actually miss the playground.

Many of us with little kids actually do miss that playground. It was a really fun place for kids to run and play (although I know it was too easy for very little ones to get lost in there). Since we didn't have the playground on our August trip, we had to find an alternative place for my 3 year old niece to play while waiting for the adults to ride. We had to do this for 15-30 min intervals 3 times throughout our two week trip. We found quiet benches/corners where we could entertain her with her bubble wand.

Many of us with little kids actually do miss that playground. It was a really fun place for kids to run and play (although I know it was too easy for very little ones to get lost in there). Since we didn't have the playground on our August trip, we had to find an alternative place for my 3 year old niece to play while waiting for the adults to ride. We had to do this for 15-30 min intervals 3 times throughout our two week trip. We found quiet benches/corners where we could entertain her with her bubble wand.

We loved that playground too. It was fun. No really little ones anymore though.

For us, it is and we don't do ToT or RnRC. We like the shows. We are big fans of star wars and Sci-Fi Dine In is my sons favorite place in the world so we really love it there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter