Is it weird to do character meets as an adult with no children?

I'm 23 and my boyfriend is 30 and we met characters on our last trip there, and plan to do it next time as well. I will admit some face characters were a little awkward (I think I just needed to brush up on their stories a bit so I had something to say), and boyfriend wasn't into meeting princesses, but we still had a lot of cute interactions especially with Goofy.

We also did character meals and especially enjoyed Ohana. I don't think there's any problem with adults meeting characters. I did notice if a character was going on break or leaving they tended to cut the line off before an adult rather than a child. That might not be the norm but we did missed 1-2 meet and greets that way.

I think Disney was intended to be for everyone to enjoy and for all ages to be a kid again. I wouldn't listen to anyone that's annoyed an adult is in the line. :p

Adults are paying the price to get in like families with kids! Us adults with no kiddos deserve the right to everything in the park. Walt would have wanted it that way! When I am there I am like a big kid! My husband and I do not have children and don;t intend to. We will be with our walkers when we are old meeting Mickey! Do what makes you happy!

I was always a little worried to do them but I just got home from an 8 day solo trip and I met probably somewhere between 20-25 characters! No one made me feel awkward at all despite the couple of stories I've read. And just think of it this way - even if you do feel a little out of place, that will only last a few minutes but you'll have awesome pictures to last a lifetime! Totally worth it!

Refer to my profile photo. I almost always get at least a couple, even traveling solo. I sometimes do feel a bit strange in line, like people think I'm some kind of weirdo, but I've never had any real problems, and almost always get great interactions with the characters and cast members!

I think I get more excited than some kids meeting certain characters. Especially Eeyore. I attack him every time I see him into a big bear hug and tell him how much I love him.

Adults are paying the price to get in like families with kids! Us adults with no kiddos deserve the right to everything in the park. Walt would have wanted it that way! When I am there I am like a big kid! My husband and I do not have children and don;t intend to. We will be with our walkers when we are old meeting Mickey! Do what makes you happy!
You'd be surprised alot of people don't know this. Walt designed these parks for parents(adults) in mind to enjoy as much as the kids.

Not only do I not have children, but now I travel solo and I still love to meet the characters! Makes me feel like a kid! I love Disney!!

I plan on meeting characters for sure...every trip I do it. Not going to stop just because I'm going alone next time.

I was 31 when I first went to disney 7 years ago..i was with two others but I made it a point to let my niece and sister know I wanted my own experience meeting Mickey and Minnie. I had as many signatures in my autograph book as my 8 year old niece had. We met Eeyore 3 times that trip and he was somewhere as we were leaving on our last day. They didnt want to see him again so I just went.

Since then I have met Eeyore multiple times by myself..I can never pass him up. And last year I met Jack and Sally who were great interacting with me due to the rat on my shirt (Mickey) and how wonderful rat stew is with hot peppers. LoL. May I add most of the people in their line were adults so... :-)

I plan on meeting Characters in Decmeber when I am alone. In my opinion Disney is the one place on this earth that it is okay to be a kid no matter what age you are.

No, I'm in my late 40's and I do it. I paid for a Disney experience and I have no shame meeting any Disney characters. It's fun for me!!

It's good to know that other adults love meeting with the characters, too! I'm dragging my guy around to meet Princesses on our honeymoon! He's a huge Pixar nerd so I know that meeting those characters will make him happy even if he won't admit it!
I really dislike hearing people saying meeting characters is for children. It's for all ages and it sounds like a big Double Standard.

I think I get more excited than some kids meeting certain characters. Especially Eeyore. I attack him every time I see him into a big bear hug and tell him how much I love him.
I had a similar experience with Marie last Spring in 2015. Except that she gave me lots of hugs especially when I told her I was a big fan of her.

I always meet the characters and have never felt judged by CMs or even other people visiting the parks. I say go for it!

This is how I see this topic, from my perspective. I had the kind of father who was not gonna spend his hard earned bar money on anything but the necessities for his wife and children. Thus we never went to WDW or any theme park, beach, or any other family amusement center. As an adult, I liked the Disney cartoons and Donald especially, but never had an urge to go to WDW. My DW had been a few times as a kid and loves everything Disney. After 2 years of marriage, she took the money given to her as gifts for earning her Bachelors Degree and convinced me go to WDW. I have been taking her and my DM ever since. We have been married 15 years as of July and have not been able to have kids, although all my nephews and nieces tell me I am like their second father and I am really a big kid, which is why I think I took to WDW so easily. I am not big on getting anyone's autograph but do like taking pictures with anything I think is cool or fun, which sometimes includes the Disney characters & my DW goes giddy around these costumed characters. I am not much for caring about what others think but my DW does so I had to convince her to take character photos. The argument I used to convince her was if adults takings character photos is weird or "creepy", does that mean everyone like me who never had the chance to go to WDW as a kid doesn't deserve to enjoy the full experience just because we are adults with no children of our own, even though I pay for the experience with MY hard earned money, and lots of it being that it is Disney? Not everyone could enjoy the things others take for granted as kids or even as adults, so people should think about that the next time they want to condemn or ridicule others for having fun or trying to find their inner kid.

Sorry if this turned into a rant, don't mean it that way. Just my humble opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter