Is it true you can't visit resorts you're not staying at if you don't have a dining reservation?

I know that I've heard that to be the case at the monorail resorts as well as the Epcot area resorts...what about POFQ, anyone with any experience driving there?...hoping to get some beignets.

As long as you arrive via Disney transportation or on foot (e.g. walking from Epcot or DHS), you’re fine. They just won’t let you park a car there unless you have an ADR.
That's no issue for us as we won't have a car, thanks! We would just be bummed if we couldn't visit a few places around the resorts

The resorts you may get turned away from with your car or Uber/Lyft without an ADR tend to be the ones around MK & Epcot. As people try to use those locations to bypass TTC, etc. But there were people turned away from Wilderness Lodge if they drove up too, covid changed a lot of things and thinge continue to change.

If you are driving, explain at the guard shack, they might let you in. I visited AKL one afternoon to check out the property, I went to wilderness lodge to get something from their gift shop, back when ESPN club was open I went to boardwalk to visit that.

Not sure how much truth there is to that statement. We went to Olivia's at OKW in December, without a reservation. We were in the area and just stopped by, not even staying on property.

Not sure how much truth there is to that statement. We went to Olivia's at OKW in December, without a reservation. We were in the area and just stopped by, not even staying on property.
Yes, I think the chance of being turned away is greater at resorts with direct walking, monorail or Skyliner access to parks, not so much at resorts where transportation to parks is bus only.

Yes, I think the chance of being turned away is greater at resorts with direct walking, monorail or Skyliner access to parks, not so much at resorts where transportation to parks is bus only.
I expect that to be the case too! I'll report back after my attempts at resort hopping in April.

When entering/exiting Disney transportation they never ask where you are staying/going. However, Disney is wise to those who think they can 'game' the system and drive to a resort for free and then walk to a nearby park to avoid the parking fees.

I can't speak to what special perks some blogger gets who is really providing Disney with free advertising.

I agree with the general rules others have stated.

Here was our recent experience: We were able to park at both Coronado and Riverside on Sunday by explaining that we just wanted to check out the property, gift shop, food court, etc.! The guards were very friendly and welcomed us on in.

On the same day, we were able to park at the Beach Club, but only because we had a reservation for brunch. They checked ID and looked up the reservation details before letting us proceed. There was a sign indicating that parking was only allowed for guests or those with ADRs.

I agree with the general rules others have stated.

Here was our recent experience: We were able to park at both Coronado and Riverside on Sunday by explaining that we just wanted to check out the property, gift shop, food court, etc.! The guards were very friendly and welcomed us on in.

On the same day, we were able to park at the Beach Club, but only because we had a reservation for brunch. They checked ID and looked up the reservation details before letting us proceed. There was a sign indicating that parking was not allowed for guests or those without ADRs.
Thank you! That's very helpful. We're planning on Three Bridges for dinner on our arrival day and probably beignets for arrival "brunch" so that 's great to know we can likely park at both places.

On the same day, we were able to park at the Beach Club, but only because we had a reservation for brunch. They checked ID and looked up the reservation details before letting us proceed. There was a sign indicating that parking was only allowed for guests or those with ADRs.
Does Beach Club have a tiny parking lot like Boardwalk? That may be a reason for the strictness there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter