is it true that people steal from Fish Extenders??

Good to remember. I would guess that there would be a way for them to determine who charged the items based on possible security cameras. However, keeping tabs on your account is still a wise idea.

The same way as your linked photo to your cruise card, also produces your photos in your file through face recognition, but a few do not think of that.

WORD OF CAUTION: Not to be the bearer of more negative ideas, but don't put your last names on your door. We have seen many stateroom doors announcing "The Smith Family", etc. But on one of our cruises, we heard a passenger at guest services complaining about unauthorized charges on their stateroom account. As they talked, they figured out that all someone has to do is have your stateroom number and last name to put charges on the account. So we have never put our family's name on our door.

I'm not doubting this can happen, but I've always been asked for my KTTW card any time I wanted to charge something. If the CMs were 100% compliant with requiring a KTTW card to charge something, this wouldn't be an issue.

I'm not doubting this can happen, but I've always been asked for my KTTW card any time I wanted to charge something. If the CMs were 100% compliant with requiring a KTTW card to charge something, this wouldn't be an issue.
They have got stricter on it, and there is no reason for a cruiser not to have a card, but I know a bar tender did it on my account for someone else, I assume a reason was given but GS would have told them off and removed the tips. Wasn't just one drink but multiple on three occasions.
Photo linked to you cruise card? Um, when is this photo taken?
As you check in.
At check in at the port.
Yes.

They have got stricter on it, and there is no reason for a cruiser not to have a card, but I know a bar tender did it on my account for someone else, I assume a reason was given but GS would have told them off and removed the tips. Wasn't just one drink but multiple on three occasions.

Yes, the case I saw was years ago and I hope that they have caught on and prevented people from doing that without their room card. Years ago my mother's department store card was hacked -- the person charged thousands of clothes that were nowhere near age appropriate for my mother. Turns out the person was just going from register to register with my mother's charge card n umber on a piece of paper -- they never even asked for ID (this was more than two decades ago when carbon receipts were still being used). And they found out one of the cashiers was in on it.

Yes, the case I saw was years ago and I hope that they have caught on and prevented people from doing that without their room card. Years ago my mother's department store card was hacked -- the person charged thousands of clothes that were nowhere near age appropriate for my mother. Turns out the person was just going from register to register with my mother's charge card n umber on a piece of paper -- they never even asked for ID (this was more than two decades ago when carbon receipts were still being used). And they found out one of the cashiers was in on it.
Yes, financial crime occurs everywhere, you would think on a ship, it wouldn't and people wouldn't try it, but it occurred to me, I can't think it was a mistake as thry got my surname correct.

Right! I'll be rethinking my 'sans makeup' plan for that day! Thanks for the heads up!

Too funny. The ONE time I went out to a park one evening -- we were at Universal and went to see Blue Man Group -- I figured why bother dolling up when you sit in a dark theater. Don't you know they picked me to go up on stage and do the Twinkie segment -- full face on a gigantic screen for 20 minutes. ARRGGHHH

We have taken 3 Disney Cruises, all with a Mickey Body magnet on our door. On our first cruise, someone moved the magnets all around on the door, but never stolen (knock on wood). This year my daughter, son-in-law, and grandkids will be going with us and I bought them personalized (first name only) magnets for their doors, hopefully, they don't get stolen.

I went on a cruise with about 20 friends and family and we participated in a FE exchange. One evening leaving for dinner, I saw that someone had left a nice nail set. I should have brought it in but we were running late. We found out it was from a friend on the cruise. (Too much $$ for a stranger). You guessed it. We got back from dinner and it was gone.

I wonder if some people think the FE is a 'take one' type of set up? Then again, nobody's that stupid to think people would leave an expensive gift for others to just take. :(

:offtopic: Where do you get the Mickey body magnets? That's such a cute idea.

the only time I recall just giving a name and room number was during the sail away party as they brought around drinks.

We had someone steal our rocking chairs off our front porch - so it's amazing what some people have the nerve to do. We have cameras so got to see the whole thing (unfortunately couldn't make out his license plate). Guy pulled up in a truck, looked around, came up on the porch, hooked a chair under each arm and put them in the truck and drove off. The only thing you can really do is say a prayer for them and feel sad for them that they are such losers (oh and also report him to the police, but he and our chairs were never found).

We had someone steal our rocking chairs off our front porch - so it's amazing what some people have the nerve to do. We have cameras so got to see the whole thing (unfortunately couldn't make out his license plate). Guy pulled up in a truck, looked around, came up on the porch, hooked a chair under each arm and put them in the truck and drove off. The only thing you can really do is say a prayer for them and feel sad for them that they are such losers (oh and also report him to the police, but he and our chairs were never found).

Those videos at Christmas of thieves following the UPS trucks and just walking up and taking the packages was mind numbing! What losers.

My son had a skateboard and bicycle stolen from our garage, where the door was half open (for heat) and a car parked in there. There are nervy people everywhere. But I guess there's a feeling that if you pay that much for a cruise, you won't bother stealing from others that paid that much for a cruise. You can obviously afford your own stuff.

That said, my mom used to frequent a scrapbook crafting store where everyone had to check their bags and coats, including purses. They said things walked out of packages if they didn't and it wasn't kids, it was the (mostly) women who could well afford to drop a lot of money there who were adding a few 'gratis' items to their purses. I was shocked.

Go on a Disney Cruise they said. It'll restore your faith in humanity they said. I know there are jerky people everywhere, but I guess there's an expectation that you're insulated from that when you're with the mouse. Makes me sad that people are so self absorbed that they don't see what they're doing to others. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter