Is it possible for a family of 3 to go for $2000?

honeypotz

Earning My Ears
Hi all!
I am new to this board and have never....let me repeat that...NEVER been to DisneyWorld. My daughter is 9 and we want to go before she gets to old to get excited about going.But then again i am 30 and I'm thrilled!:Pinkbounc
I live in the panhandle of FL. and we are going to drive our minivan there. I have gift cards saved up for drinks,snacks,toiletries and have cases of bottled water ready(got in on a good deal).I have Pizza Hut,Taco Bell and Mc Donalds GC's to spend there. I think my MIL told me about there being a hotel near it(but outside of Disney) called RedRoof? Any help with cost of tickets,special seasons to go,etc.would be greatly appreciated.
Oh,also what is the discount pkg. I think I saw people discussing here(Disaver club,etc.)?:confused:
Is it geared more towards those spending alot?
Thanks for helping a newbie~:D
HoneyPotz

Hello and welcome. I do think that you can have a very nice vacation for 3 at 2000. Since you don't have to fly you save money there. Depending on the time of year you go, you could get a room at the allstars for about 79 a night. I budget 150 a day for food/snacks. The passes run approx 50 a day. A lilttle less the longer you stay and as a florida resident you can get discounts on passes and hotel rooms. Look at the code section of the boards for hotel discounts. Good luck!

Thank you kidzmom3 for the warm welcome!:)
Could you tell me where the code section of the boards are? LOL
I'm lost around here.
I thought that I had heard b/c we're FL residents we can get a discount but I didn't know where we'd get it from. A travel agent? Or is it better(cheaper)to book ourselves?
My hubby has gone twice now and said it is unatural for someone who loves amusements :jester: parks as much as I do to not have gone to the greatest of them all...lol.
I agree~
I am trying to be patient and plan this all out. I think $150 for food and drinks sounds about right for the day.
I am slowly adding to my GC's
But need to make the plans for where we'll be staying and earn more gas cards for the trip.
Thanks for any help you can offer this uneducated Honeypotz
;)

http://www.wdwinfo.com/content/code_main.htm

or go to discussion board titiled Disney Resorts- there is a thread called: Wow here are some cool discounts. This will link you to the codes.

I personally like to book everything seperate. I think that it saves money. And you only pay for what you actually do. A lot of packages include extras that most families do not use.

also on the main page wdwinfo.com you can link to the ticket prices. Just go to wdwinfo.com pick theme parks then pick ticket prices and there is a run down of how much each ticket costs (including florida residents) and what you get for them. I have heard that there are great deals for FLA residents so keep looking around the boards. You do not have to book thru a travel agent to get the discounts. Good luck!

Honeypotz- the DISavers program offers a rebate on any room reservation or package you can make thru Disney. You can do the research and even make your own reservation, then transfer it to DISavers and the program will rebate the commission (usually 10% -minus the $15 handling charge).

Just find the best rate you can and let DISavers book it (or transfer it) and enjoy the rebate however you'd like!

Enjoy!

Hi there we went to disney last summer and budgeted 100.00 a day for food.It was enough.We went to dinner early so we got lunch specials.Also we looked in all the discount books in the hotels and alot of resturants have a coupon for free appetizers.My hubby and I always shared a big dinner.We were just fine with 100. a day.Also got the all stars for 49.00 a night.

Ticketwm35

:D Our family of 3 booked the resort magic plan the week after Thanksgiving for 6 days and 5 nights. We stayed at the Carribean resort which was a moderate and our package was only $1200. Your trip would even be less cause you do not need transfers from the Airport. While at WDW we did and ate whatever we wanted and spent around $700 for the week. Did alot of Character dining. Had a great time with perfect weather and low crowds. I know there is lots of discount codes right now. My best friend is going in August and staying at WL for 5 nights and it is only $1800 for 3 of them and a 2 year old. I really think you can do WDW for $2000 and have a great time!! We did! We now are booked on the 7 day cruise and got a great price for that also. Good luck and have fun planning!!!:D

It is funny how I just decided to save up for this trip when I received this advertisement in the mail. I wanted to see if anyone else has recevied it or has taken this offer.
It is called a touch of disney magic from Fairfield Resorts.
Choose a getaway of 4days/3nights for $248 or 5days/4nights for $298
That is for the hotel pkg. for 2 adult and up to 2 children under 18(I only have the 1,so thats good for me)at the Wyndham Orlando Resort, Ramada Plaza Gateway Hotel & Inn, or comparable are hotel rated 3 stars or higher.... but only includes 2 adult walt disney world touch of disney passes(guess you have to buy the childs ticket seperately?) for 2 days of your choice of any 2 of the four theme parks: Magic kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, or Disney Animal Kingdom theme park. PLUS another (1)full day of your choice at Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, River Country, Pleasure Island or Disney Quest.
You also get the Orlando VIP coupon book, continental breakfast anf a personal tour.
So after calling this 800 # I spoke to someone who said this is one of there big sellers and when I ask if they have any other pkgs(for DW) like maybe a feel of disney instead of a touch(
:jester: )so that we could get passes for 5 days or so she said no it is for a 5/4night hotel stay but you can go to 2 parks and then the 1 water park for a total of 3. I would have to buy the extra park passes for more days there if I wanted longer.
Does anyone know if this offer is for real? If you have taken advantage of it what were your hotel rooms like? How soon did you have to use the offer?(tickets,etc.)would you do it again?
I have priced a hotel close by DW for $32 a night with 2 queen beds and have gas and GC's for food covered. Would I do better getting a special deal somewhere online and then paying for my hotel seperately..or getting this deal for $298? Sounds realy great allthough thats what worries me too...lol
Any ideas,suggestions,thoughts would be greatly appreciated!:)

Honeypotz: I'll bet you have to attend a timeshare presentation--did they mention that? Especially since you say one of the perks was a "personal tour". Did they say both husband & wife must check in? Because that price for 2 people, 4 nights + 2 park hopper pluses does sound really cheap.

I hate to be negative, but that seems kind of scammy (?real word)

we have been 3 times with 2 kids check out the disney club you can save 10% at all-stars 5% on park tickets eat just 2 meals a day and a lite snack the way disney feeds you that is probably all you will need go if at all possible during value season we were able to stay last oct. for $49 a night with our annual passes but that is the absolute best price so expect to pay more definitely stay on site the transportation alone is worth the extra dollars also check the florida residents deal we are from nc so we dont have that option since you are driving the $2000 should get you folks a really nice trip the birnbaums guide to wdw 2002 has a good budget guide and good advice plus it can get you really hyped up about your trip I was 35 before on my first trip and fell in love with the place I wish the same for you

Looks like you've gotten some great tips so far. The Disney Club is awesome! Mousesavers does usually have great codes.

I have been to WDW many, many times & could easily see a family of 3 doing it for $2000.

A few other points of advice:
DO book hotel & tickets separate
DO NOT count out hotels off-property. There are tons of Holiday Inns, Days Inns, etc. for about $45-$60/night that are VERY nice & convenient.
DO take advantage of off-site breakfast buffets from time to time.
DO some of your souvenir shopping off WDW property in Kissimmee/Orlando.

Hi,

You'll find a lot of stuff discussed here on the Boards, you have to remember however that you are a Florida resident & as such you can get some VERY nice discounts on property....

I'll give you two websites to check out:

http://www.wdwig.com/contents.htm You will find all sorts of hotel information, menu information & everything Disney you might need....

www.mousesavers.com Here you will find a lot of discounts on everything Disney....

You could literally drown yourself in information, but I'll give you this information off the bat... As Florida residents, you should definitely call Disney directly at 407-W-Disney You should ask about current ticket promotions (they've been as cheap as 99.00/4 day pass for Fl. Residents)... Then, you should ask about hotel discounts, again for Fl. Residents, they've been 69.00/night for Values, 84.00 for Moderates & 124 for Deluxes....

Check out the Wdwig site I listed above, check over the hotels, see which hotels you like best & then check out what discounts Mousesavers lists... then call Disney directly... Ask about Florida resident discounts or any discount you see on Mousesavers that you like....

I would definitely stay ON SITE as a Florida resident, the discounts are just too good not to.... The package you listed is a Timeshare deal, which would be okay, except those hotels sell for 30.00/night with AAA discounts or equivalent & you are entitled to any Florida resident discounts on passes... It's no bargain package IMHO!!!

WELCOME!!!

I ditto Chris1gill's sentiment of staying onsite - as a resident you can get great discounts and this being your first trip, it will really immerse you in Disneyness. Plus - then you have the option of driving to each park (sometimes the better way to go) or using the Disney transportation.

Keep your ears peeled for Florida resident ticket deals - I know my brother and sister-in-law have gotten the 4 day park hoppers for $99 (a KILLER deal) - I think it's usually a fall special. ???

Also - you may want to consider getting an Annual pass - I know that residents get a big break on the cost and you'll get further hotel discounts on-site. AND, you can get some restaurant discounts as well (like the Rainforest Cafe - 10%).

Plus - once you have been, you'll be wanting to go everyother weekend. Living in FL - you can drive down and get AP rates on hotel rooms, bring a bunch of food and have a very inexpensive weekend getaway.

My trip in Feb was very inexpensive. I have AP, so that was paid for, got an offsite room rate of $29.99 (although I did regret staying offsite) and had in-room breakfast and snacks. I think my total, including hotel, for 5 nights was right around $450. That includes a killer Mickey sweatshirt. :P

Alright - I've blabbed enough... just keep surfing the boards, hit your library or bookstore for the guides and HAVE FUN!!!!

Don't forget--you're driving anyway, so bring or pick up when you get there, easy breakfast items! Poptarts, cereal bars, muffins etc. We always stay in a condo and eat breakfast in EVERY mornig unless we have a character breakfast PS and I think this saves us a ton of money! I buy the little boxes of indiv servings of cereal and then everyone has a choice and it seems like a fun treat for the kids--a gallon of milk and $4 on cereal for the week is way cheaper than any restaurant!

You can do it, you can do it! You are a FL resident so great discounts are there! You don't have to get your tickets until you are there or you can get them at any Disney Store, be sure to tell them you are FL resident. Great deals on hotels too---all onsite so you can enjoy the Disney transportation but you'll have a car if necessary! You can eat breakfast in your room, stay at an All Star resort, get refillable mugs (sold at food courts and free refills for your entire stay), eat counter service, food courts, and eat a few sit downs (cheaper at lunch) or a few character meals (again, lunch is somewhat cheaper).

Welcome to the boards and good luck planning your trip.

Lisa

Disnee Dad Says..............................You can do it easy!!! In fact we are doing 8 days from the west coast, everything included for $1999!!!! Of course there is a catch, we have AP's, so no ticket costs!!! For a seven day trip, not trying to be cheap(no motel 6)
Accomodations $600 includes tax for All Stars,or similar place
Tickets $600+ for two adult five day park hoppers and a child
Food $525 we use $75 a day for three and have never gone over, and still get in some nice meals, usually lunch. Some days we spend $50 and on others we spend $100. That leaves you $275 for gas, stuff, tolls and anything else. And that is basically a no work, just make a couple calls and you are done budget. Use the tips you learn here and you will do even better! Anyway booking Disney isn't work, it's adventure and therapy for some of us!!

We have done four for $1200.... from PA. You can do it.

All Stars are less costly
Off site hotels are less than on site
Tickets can be had for discounts.. Disney Club, AAA, or a military office.

You are driving like myself...

It will be fine.

I also have the Touch of Disney offer from Fairfield, and it is indeed a timeshare place, but Fairfield is pretty reputable. My parents have done two Fairfield offers, and they have enjoyed both; the sales presentation was very low-key and they didn't feel pressured at all, and even enjoyed the presentations. When they made it clear they did not intend to buy, they were told to enjoy the rest of their visit and that was the end of it. Neither of these were in Florida, though, and I have heard that that one is a little more high-pressure but I can handle it so I'm going to go for it. You can even have a little fun with it if they start to get obnoxious. Anyway, it's a good deal even if the hotel turns out to be a dive. We stayed at Wyndham Orlando on a time-share deal a couple years ago and it's very nice. The tickets offered are not Park Hoppers, but that's okay as we don't think it will kill us to just go to one a day, and the water parks are great fun. The tickets alone would cost over $250 (I haven't done the math) so it's like getting the hotel for next to nothing.
If you don't want to waste half a day on timeshare (and it does take half a day even though it says ninety minutes!)don't do it; you will still be able to go and stay within your budget and have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter