• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it crazy to wear sundresses on park days?

Sunflowers13

Earning My Ears
I’m always most comfortable/cool wearing sundresses in hot temps. I have 3 kids (7 & 5 year olds twins) and we’ll be doing 4 park days. Am I nuts to want to wear sundresses on those days? Wondering for my 7 year old daughter if it’s ok to dress her in dresses with shorts, as well. I’d try to do the athletic/tennis dress style, with built-in shorts. But I haven’t been to Disney since the 90s, lol, so I’m clueless about what to wear…is it super awkward getting on kiddie rides in a dress? Thanks for your opinions in advance!

I’m always most comfortable/cool wearing sundresses in hot temps. I have 3 kids (7 & 5 year olds twins) and we’ll be doing 4 park days. Am I nuts to want to wear sundresses on those days? Wondering for my 7 year old daughter if it’s ok to dress her in dresses with shorts, as well. I’d try to do the athletic/tennis dress style, with built-in shorts. But I haven’t been to Disney since the 90s, lol, so I’m clueless about what to wear…is it super awkward getting on kiddie rides in a dress? Thanks for your opinions in advance!
since I have used with my kids or grandkids the only thing I can think of being a problem is easy of using bathroorm at those ages. thinking room to help with taking off in a hurry. I may be over thinking and that is not a problem

Myself and my girls wear sundresses frequently to the parks. They are very comfortable for us on hot days and we either wear shorts, capris, or slip shorts under them so we don't have any trouble getting off/on rides. And as a bonus, I think they look a little nicer/dressier in all of the pictures we inevitably take! We seem to always overpack as well, so if someone isn't feeling a sundress on a given day or the weather is cooler than anticipated (we go in early March, so it can go either way,) we generally have a leggings/t-shirt option packed that we could switch out to instead.

I love wearing sundresses in the parks when it’s hot. You will definitely want shorts underneath! My daughter often wore the skirts with built in shorts at that age. It worked fine.

I found lightweight slip shorts WITH POCKETS on Amazon that I love. Thin and cool, prevent chafe, and I can throw my phone in my pocket for a bit when need arises.

My girls and I all wear character inspired dresses that we get on the cheap and then slip shorts for modesty and comfort.

I used to wear sundresses all the time, I also did not wear shorts under them. I'm a height challenged person so they usually come down to close to my knees, getting on and off rides was no problem, just tuck them a little bit. Since I'm not a fan of carrying a bag and finding sundresses with big enough pockets was a challenge, now I wear skorts (skirts with built in shorts, used to call them culottes back in the 70s). I buy ones that have lots of deep pockets so if I just want to carry my phone, charger, and a cheap poncho it all fits in the pockets.

My favorites: https://www.academy.com/p/magellan-...zaNcwGXHbQMe9_40vYcaAl8wEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I also love these shirts, lightweight and again, pockets with zippers.
https://www.academy.com/p/magellan-outdoors-womens-caddo-lake-short-sleeve-shirt

You'll see tons of dresses and skirts throughout the park. I mostly wear skorts these days but occasionally throw on a dress, always with bike shorts or similar underneath.

Never had issues on any rides.

Fabletics actually has some awesome skorts right now. The material is great because it dries quick and they have a phone pocket on the shorts part. The colors are a little limited but I absolutely love them for surviving the heat!

I love dresses in the parks. Nothing wrong with that at all! I will say it's easier to have the shorts underneath when you have kiddos you're looking after. Last trip I wore lots of the athletic dresses with the shorts underneath, and skorts.

I wear athletic/wicking style dresses sometimes with the shorts built in and I love them. No issues getting in/off rides at all. The shorts have pockets for my phone and it's great for warmer weather. The only downside is the bathroom since it's a romper. If you're super sweaty, that can be a challenge and if you're not comfortable basically being in your bday suite while you use the restroom that may pose an issue. For kids, it's easy enough to pull the shorts down and go but if you do a one piece dress, just keep that in mind. If I don't wear those, I just wear athletic shorts which are faster for bathroom time.

This reminds me of the time there was a woman in a cute dress at Epcot, and I was going to compliment her on it, but then the wind kicked it up and I SAW IT ALLLLLL, haha.

Evverryythiiinggg

So, uh, as long as you wear underwear (and even shorts if you're anxious about it like me) you should be good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter