Is Hoop Dee Doo worth the Hoop Dee Doo?

GOLFDISNEY72

Mouseketeer
We have adr's for 14 people in Nov for the Hoop Dee Doo. Ever since we booked it I have been having second thoughts.
1) Getting there with 14 people from the Swan and Dolphin is going to be crazy.
2) The park hours are very limited when we are going so we will not be able to get into another park afterwards.
3) and not to sound cheap but for my family of 5 its going to be $240 for fried chicken. :confused3

I have been to Disney several times and I have never tried it. This is why I am torn. My parents have not been since 1984 and they are going to be there for 4 nights. So back to the original question. Is it really worth it?:scared1:

Can you drink 240.00 worth of wine? It was really good.
I LOVED our meal at HDDR. We had tier 1 seating and sat right in the front CENTER.
The food was GREAT. Best ribs, ever and I was born and raised in the south.
They just keep bringing more out till you say no MORE.

Some say the entertainment was better then the food. I saw both was great.
The singers were awesome, they mingled in the crowd.

HDDR is not something I would do EVERY trip to WDW, but at least once.
It is the LONGEST SHOW in history, did you know that?

AWESOME PLACE!!

I grew up going & they have really changed it & not for the positive in my families' opinion. However I still feel everyone should try it & see for themselves.

That said...

IMO I would plan it for another trip when you have more time for the parks & less of a group. Although, I think you would enjoy it more with a big group.

So I guess I didn't really help any. :rolleyes:

The food is great and the show was fun! It's great if you have all adults or younger kids in the group, our group had teens and they mocked. :-(

It's Disney. It's supposed to be expensive. Get over the price and enjoy yourself.

The show is very amusing and the food is good. We've stayed at the Fort twice and went both times. When we go back, we'll do it again, I'm sure.

I think with a group of friends will make it all the more fun.

We've done HDDR a couple of times and have always enjoyed it. Food is good, as is the show. Something everyone should experience at least once.

How long is the show? My whole issue with the money is that its fried chicken. Don't get me wrong I love fried chicken but come on. I think I'm more concerned with the fact that is out the way and getting back to a park afterwords is going to be just as difficult. MK closes that night at 8pm so i am thinking the show might be 1 1/2 to 2 hours and our ressie is for 5PM.

How long is the show? My whole issue with the money is that its fried chicken. Don't get me wrong I love fried chicken but come on. I think I'm more concerned with the fact that is out the way and getting back to a park afterwords is going to be just as difficult. MK closes that night at 8pm so i am thinking the show might be 1 1/2 to 2 hours and our ressie is for 5PM.

We're going for the first time in October! :cool1:Seems I read here on the DIS that it lasts 1.5 hours.

As far as the price - don't forget it includes the wonderful entertainment everyone raves about!:thumbsup2

It is deintely worth the price. I never looked at it as just the dinner. You are also paying to see a great show. I think it is a decent deal actually. If you have a beer or wine drinker it is great.

The actors are amazing in my opinion. Very funny and what beautiful voices they have!

My kids are 6 years apart and they each enjoyed it both times we've gone. (The last time we went I think my son was 10, he laughed so hard most of the show he was almost crying!)

I think we are ready to go again and will certainly plan it for our next trip!

As far as the transportation goes they have busses lined up at the end of the show that went straight to every resort. Walk to the right when you exit the show they should be lined up at the bus stop down the walkway. We have been three times and this was the first time I noticed this, actually I didnt someone else did. You may want to double check before you go to make sure this will be available.

As far as the price, yes it is expensive. Is it really worth the money, I don't think so :confused3. BUT,(before there is a mob of angry Disers outside my door) that is the price you pay for a dinner show like that. I priced out Medivel Times over in New Jersey and it was the same price as the HDD. There is some kind of Dolly Parton show in Myrtle Beach that is the same price or more. That seems to be the going rate for this type of show. That is what you are going to pay any where. The chicken was the best I have had besides my mothers. The ribs were ok, but I am a rib expert and never even try them in restaurants because they don't know how to make them. So an ok rating from me is good ;) The show is fun I did laugh often. I would say go and give it a try, dont think about the price. After all you are on vacation.

Just returned at tried HDDR. It was okay at best. The food was so so. The food was brought at sat at the side of the walls at distributed ten or so minutes late so some of it was lukewarm. The cornbread was delicious. The ribs were tough. The fried chicken was decent and the potatoes were good. The shortcake was alright. The antics you will need to try this show for yourself. At our performance, as I looked around I noticed we were not the only ones not laughing especially at the beginning. My daughter was called onstage to participate so she has a good memory. Our opinion, do it once and see for yourself. We will not return for a long time. Children between 7-14 may enjoy some of this.

We did the HHDR last trip and my kids still talk about it! I was so worth it, and it's more than fried chicken. It's all u can drink beer and wine, ribs, chicken, corn bread, beans, salad and dessert. I know there's more, but I can't remember it at this time. And the show was awesome!!!!

I went to the Hoop De Doo Revue for the first time at the end of August and it was definitely worth all the hoopla. Granted, we were on the dining plan and somehow got accidentally upgraded (for free) to Category 1 seating right next to the piano player. Our server was excellent and very into the show and the cornbread was probably the best I've ever had. We were a group of 4 25-year-old girls and we were also very big fans of the unlimted Sangria.

Since it was my birthday, they included me in the birthday song and then later, took me to be a part of the show. I'm generally a pretty shy person, but I couldn't turn it down and end up doing it. My friends say that night was one of the highlights of our whole trop! :yay:

I went many, many years ago and my sister and her husband surprised me by making ressies here for us on my last trip. I couldn't believe that I hadn't been back in all that time!

Great fun, great food! I loved it!:woohoo:

When went a couple of weeks ago for the first time and I don't think we'll do it again.

First, transportation was a bear, and we don't usually mind the convoluated disney transportation. We ended up running late for a variety of reasons, and I tried to call while on the bus to make sure we knew where to go once we got off the boat, and somehow going the main reservation line or something instead of a local. Took her five minutes of clicking away for her to respond, "Oh, you're on Disney transportation--that should get you there!" :headache:

We got there are five of us were squeezed at a table for four (which Disney rarely does) and there was hardly anyway to fit the salad, cornbread, drinks, etc.

I liked the cornbread. That's about it. The rest was mediocre, at best. The ribs were awful, and I've never met a rib I didn't like. The chicken was OK, I guess, but not impressive. Potatoes were smashed with skins yet a little too creamy for that preparation.

Service was so-so. She came around once and asked if I wanted another wine, but I had a half a glass so I said no. I didn't know that would be my last chance for wine.

The show was cute, but there are plenty of really cool shows in the parks without shelling out that kind of money (or two dining credits).

After the show we were pointed a way towards buses. Once we got there, there were no resort buses or park buses, just the internal bus. Three or four of us were waiting to ask the driver if we were in the right place while he assisted a guest with a scooter. When he finally came to us, he was really snitty and barked that yes, he was the right bus, and we'd better get on quick because he "SHOULD HAVE LEFT FIVE MINUTES AGO". We then rode the loooong way around to catch a bus to Studios.

I will say he was the only sour CM we met on the trip--all the rest were really nice.

I've been four times in my life; twice as a child (78' & 82')and twice as an adult (93' & 98'). Everyone loved it all four times. In my opinion it's the best dinner show Disney world has to offer.

I went to the Hoop De Doo Revue for the first time at the end of August and it was definitely worth all the hoopla. Granted, we were on the dining plan and somehow got accidentally upgraded (for free) to Category 1 seating right next to the piano player. Our server was excellent and very into the show and the cornbread was probably the best I've ever had. We were a group of 4 25-year-old girls and we were also very big fans of the unlimted Sangria.

Since it was my birthday, they included me in the birthday song and then later, took me to be a part of the show. I'm generally a pretty shy person, but I couldn't turn it down and end up doing it. My friends say that night was one of the highlights of our whole trip! :yay:

Yea it was :thumbsup2 You in a cancan dress up on a stage might be the highlight of the year, let alone our trip!! :rotfl2: Bor!! Awesome.

I had the BEST time at that show. It's so interactive and even though the food is simple, it was really good. A must-do at least once.

We have adr's for 14 people in Nov for the Hoop Dee Doo. Ever since we booked it I have been having second thoughts.
1) Getting there with 14 people from the Swan and Dolphin is going to be crazy.
2) The park hours are very limited when we are going so we will not be able to get into another park afterwards.
3) and not to sound cheap but for my family of 5 its going to be $240 for fried chicken. :confused3

I have been to Disney several times and I have never tried it. This is why I am torn. My parents have not been since 1984 and they are going to be there for 4 nights. So back to the original question. Is it really worth it?:scared1:

As you can see from the posts, some folks absolutely love it, some don't care to go again. With your concern over the pricing, value, and time it takes, I think you should pass. You're already against it before entering the door.

I say go ahead and cancel your reservations so maybe someone else with a little more positive attitude about the show can go. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter