Is getting a package the cheapest way to go?

tink30

long live the mouse!!
I'm wondering if I should get the Resort Magic package from Dreams Unlimited or if I would be better off booking everything seperately myself? Anyone know?? Thanks...I posted this over on the resorts board too because I forgot that there was a budget board...sorry! :)

tink30.jpg

Hi tink!

For the most part, booking the components separtely is less expensive. The only time this might not be true is for the Sunshine Getaway Package, the Fall Fantasy Package and the Magical Holidays Package. These packages include room discounts you can only get if you belong to the new Disney Club or AAA. The drawback of packages is the type of passes you receive with the package. The Unlimited Magic Pass (or Ultimate Park Hopper - newest name) comes with the packages and admits you to all the Disney theme parks, water parks, Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex and DisneyQuest from the time you check in until midnight of the day you check out. Some people (like myself) find this is too much pass. It especially doesn't make sense if you arrive late to Orlando or leave early on your departure day.

Just a note - Dreams Unlimited can also help you with booking room-only reservations. Then you receive the help of one of the consultants to plan your vacation itinerary and make priority seating arrangements.

Good Luck!

ms.GIF

Tammy aka Kaa
Budget Board Co-Moderator
tammy@wdwinfo.com

booking with Packages simply throws in more than just the tickets and hotel. It also includes some character breakfasts and pins which truly our family could live without. I found it much cheaper booking everything seperately.

I am a DVC member now so I don't have to worry about it, but from 1989-1998 I would gather all kinds of information for our annual trips. I would check with travel agents, disney packages, and doing things separately. I always found doing it myself was cheaper. I check frequently for air and car rental rates to get good ones and look for discounted rooms. Usually the AP discounts are really good. The one thing packages do have is the convenience of not having to do it yourself, but you are usually paying for it. Happy planning.

Shelly

I wondered that same thing. But since this is our first ever really big family trip. I went with a resort magic package booked through a local travel agent. I didn't want to take a chance on forgetting to consider everything needed. You know-- I wanted all the i's dotted and t's crossed.
The reservation papers say booked through Disney Travel so I guess I could have done it myself.
I haven't checked to see what it would have costs with out doing the package.. I think it would have been less. But my family also wanted the pin and little perks that come with the package.
God Bless and hope you have a great day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter