Is FTP gonna ruin everything?

disneyluver91

<font color="green">My hands are sore from clappin
Is it? I'm really worried!
I booked a loooooooong time ago (before FTP). Now, i think it might be too crowded there!!! (going august 16-25). HELP! I don't want it to be a bad first experience for DD and DS (age 5, twins). and my DD (11) is freaking out too! Hehe ;)

I'm not sure - I mean they are obviously trying to drive numbers. I think if you're wise and just go with the flow - don't try to cram everything in and take those much need afternoon breaks (especially late afternoon rain storm break) you'll be alright. It makes you wonder how bad it really was - attendence numbers. It's a big deal for a resort to slash their rate for the sake of numbers - i suspect the head cheeses are driving attendence numbers hoping to make money on retail sales etc - ie get them in the park and they will pay$$$$....

you'll be fine - its a disney trip!:D :jester:

Actually, I was hoping FTP would SOLVE alot of the problems at WDW right now. The big one being short park hours. If that many people are booking the FTP, it means more bodies in the parks, which should mean longer hours. So far that's not happening the week we're going (last week in August), but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyway, I think you'll be fine. We've been going in early to mid summer for the last few trips and despite the heavy crowds, we always have a great time. Fastpass has been a life saver.;)

I had the same concern. I booked our trip in October before FTP came out. I had only booked four days and was glad to get to stay longer for the same amount of money. I felt fortunate to be in an alternate calendar school so we could take advantage of a less crowded season, but now I'm worried it might be packed. Then again, we haven't ever been to Disney World so we're not really sure what to expect anyway!

i kind of like the feel of a crowded park - it's nice to see everyone enjoying themselves. i went president's week this year, and it was just insane - but still fun! we just tried to avoid MK on the weekend, and basically made good use of fastpass, as well as hitting our favourites first. i think y'all wil have a great time regardless of the crowds :)

I share your same concern! We will be there the same week on our first stay as DVC members and were really hoping the crowds would be a breeze for that week in August! And just like you, I had this booked long before FTP came about!

Hopefully, if I keep expecting the worst, maybe it won't be that bad! It will be a good way for us to show the kids that now that we'll be going more regularly, that we don't have to do everything and try some new things!

Keeping an open mind with you! ;)

I think you will be fine. Here in Florida we all go back to school insanely early. Most of the kids here will be in school by the 2nd or 3rd week of august. And usually monies are exhausted from school shopping so IMHO I think the only people at the parks will be northern-ers not back in shcool. Have fun and enjoy!!

PS I hope they start having better park hrs. Nothing like spending all that money and have the park close at 6 or 7pm. Only to be encouraged to BUY and E-nite ticket for more money!!! YIKES

Originally posted by grinningghost
Actually, I was hoping FTP would SOLVE alot of the problems at WDW right now. The big one being short park hours. If that many people are booking the FTP, it means more bodies in the parks, which should mean longer hours. So far that's not happening the week we're going (last week in August), but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyway, I think you'll be fine. We've been going in early to mid summer for the last few trips and despite the heavy crowds, we always have a great time. Fastpass has been a life saver.;)

I agree! Normally we got to WDW during Value season, so this trip will be an eye opener! :earseek: Like everyone else, I have noticed a lot of cutbacks in the past 2 years. Hopefully if people come for FTP, they'll keep coming back, and WDW will stop cutting back!

go on the Disney web site and do a reservation request for the dates you are going. you can get a feel for how crowded the FTP might be making things by seeing how many of the hotels you can still get a room at. I was also concerned that the FTP would make our trip in late July very crowded, but was surprised to find out that WDW still has availability at all 3 all-star hotels, and the moderates, and some deluxes. 2 years ago when we went (no packages or special deals then), ASmo and ASsp were sold out months in advance. I'm hoping this means that it wont be too crowded as a result of the deals.

I just tried doing the very same thing last night! I was pleased to see the Wildnerness Lodge still has a lot of availability for the week I'm going in October. I'm thinking there were probably a lot of people that booked the FTP just to hold the spot and then decided they couldn't go after all. Face it, even though it's a fantastic deal, how many of us can actually lay out the money on short notice.

I was also thinking based on what I saw (a lot of openings at value and moderates), that a lot of people who were planning to go anyway, probably used the savings to upgrade to a moderate or deluxe. Either way, I'm happy that its not jam packed solid bookings for the week I'm going. I think thats a good sign (i hope).

I'm thinking along the same lines and keeping my fingers crossed. I personally had already booked four days at WL when the FTP came out so of course I had to extend my vacation since I was getting it at no additional cost. I did upgrade to concierge, though, which I wouldn't have done without the FTP.

I'm 40 and have never been to Disney World (nor my 2 kids) so obviously I'm very excited about this trip!

First you are going in the summer it is going be crowded. FTP did not make it any more crowded than traditional summer. The only reason Disney did it was that this summer was below last summer. Disney is equipped to handle many more guests at the parks then can stay in thier hotels and the local hotels are running some great rates so I don't think Disney will be up to tradional summer crowds like were experienced in the late 90's.

I don't think they will be as crowded as everyone thinks. If you go on line and look up the dates you will be there, there are still plenty of rooms available. Disney only put aside so many rooms for the FTP, and they still have room available at their regular price.
Go and have fun!! You are going to Disney!:bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter