Is front of the park package pick up gone, too?

DisneyRunner2009

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide on what size park bag I need. I prefer to go small. If I need to carry any purchases, it will have to be a full size backpack then. Thanks.

I'm not sure it's so much gone as it is currently not available. Same w/ back to resort shipping I assume. Maybe someone else will chime in if I'm incorrect-

I hope it comes back, too. I don't care to have to carry stuff around and if I can't have it sent back to the resort I usually won't buy it.

I have heard that the front of the park "shipping" is gone along with send to resort, I, too used the front of the park a lot and will miss it! But so much has been "trimmed" I am not surprised!

I asked about it in the mask store in Italy on Friday. They said they thought sending them to the front of the park at least would be back by January. I didn't ask about to the resort. I didn't want to carry around a fragile mask. They did say I could pay for it and they would hold it, but we had a stroller with us so they padded it really well, wrapped it in three bags because of the rain and we tucked it under the stroller.

Just in case there are people not aware, they do have lockers at the front of the park still including what they call a "virtual locker" option if your stuff is too big for one of the physical lockers. They're a nominal fee and you have to walk your stuff to the front yourself but it's still better than carrying stuff all day.

Just in case there are people not aware, they do have lockers at the front of the park still including what they call a "virtual locker" option if your stuff is too big for one of the physical lockers. They're a nominal fee and you have to walk your stuff to the front yourself but it's still better than carrying stuff all day.
I can’t find anything on official site about virtual lockers-do I inquire at regular locker locations about this?

I can’t find anything on official site about virtual lockers-do I inquire at regular locker locations about this?
Yeah. I learned about them at DHS when I went to the lockers to rent one for some new light sabers. I asked if they had any larger lockers and they told me that they have a thing called virtual locker which means they put them in the back and manage the packages similar to bell services at the resorts (tag and count them) and you pay one fixed rate (maybe $12, not positive). At the end of the day, you go to the counter with your receipt and they retrieve them for you.

This was a COVID loss. No touching and sharing, when people didn't know if it could be passed through touch. Opening back is just bottom of the list, I would imagine. January or so sounds about right and front of park before resort sounds even more right. I definitely hope it comes back too, as we always sent stuff back to the resort. Sometimes so much we it was like opening up presents at Christmas when we opened the packages.

The other thing to keep in mind is shipping. We ultimately shipped the light sabers home from our resort and should have just done it from Dok Andars. Would've saved us more time and effort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter