Is Disney Resort Required?

NewEnglandCamper

DIS Veteran
Can I purchase the Disney Dining Plan for upcoming staying in November 2017 without staying at a WDW resort (since we are Marriott VC owners)?

Our 2017 vacation is going to be exclusively Disney... and I have loved the dining plans in the past! Especially when they were FREE!!!

Can I purchase the Disney Dining Plan for upcoming staying in November 2017 without staying at a WDW resort (since we are Marriott VC owners)?

Our 2017 vacation is going to be exclusively Disney... and I have loved the dining plans in the past! Especially when they were FREE!!!

Sorry, but, no. The DDP can only be purchased with a stay at a Disney resort.

To get a dining plan you have to book a package reservation that includes a room at a Disney owned resort.

The last time I stayed a Marriott Vacation Club, we purchased a throwaway campsite with deluxe dining plan and still saved money. We're doing the same thing this February but we're using moderate resorts, since we still come out ahead AND get access to some great pools. For campsites, you have to book at least two nights in a row in order to get the dining plan. You could do nights 1-2 and 4-5, which would get you the dining plan for days 1-6 of your trip as well as free parking at the parks. Don't put your whole party on the campsite reservation, only as many people (mostly children) as you need to make it profitable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter