Is Disney Dining Considered a Hobby? Update 12/23 Last Meal

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen
Hello everyone! I am Lori (Vettegirl) and welcome to my PTR Dining Extravaganza. My husband (Peter) and I discovered our love for WDW back in 2008 when we visited for the first time. I never went as a child and he had grown up going to DL. What keeps us coming back to WDW is of course the amazing resort that it is but also the fabulous food. We love the dining plan and the option of adding it on top of a very generous military discount makes for an awesome not to hard on the wallet vacation. We are huge food and wine fans and took a hiatus last year as our son was too young to go at the time. This trip he is 14 months old (Alexander) and is already a Disney Fan. This will be his third to trip to WDW, he has been to DL once. I originally had the regular dining plan, however I will be calling tomorrow to upgrade to the deluxe. Hence my dining review name. We swore to the heavens we would never ever do the deluxe plan again, what in the world are we thinking. What changed our minds was we want to dine at more signatures and take the baby to a few character breakfasts. So it just makes sense. Our dates are Sept 27-Oct 3rd and we are staying at the Beach Club which is the perfect place to be for the festival. Plus we love the pool!! So here is a lowdown of some of the places we will be eating at. Subject to change of course as I don't have reservations for every single day as I love the app and finding good ressies last minute!!

Le Cellier (arrival late Lunch)
Food & Wine (our dinner arrival night)
PT 50's
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Hollywood Brown Derby
Flying Fish
Teppan Edo
Biergarten
The Boathouse
Tonys
Yak & Yeti
Cape May Breakfast
Tusker House Breakfast

Here are a few photos of our little family. We look forward to dining with you :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
How exciting that you'll be there in only a week! Super jealous :D

And of course following along!

Hey Lori, can't wait to read all about your latest dining adventures! Your lineup looks awesome.

Found ya!!!!!
Whoo hoo!!

Following along!

:welcome:
Following :)

:welcome:
How exciting that you'll be there in only a week! Super jealous :D

Glad to have you here! We are beyond excited.
And of course following along!

Following!!

Glad to have you here :)
Thats alot of steaks, good work! :)

Yes it is, looks like we are having a change though :(
Hey Lori, can't wait to read all about your latest dining adventures! Your lineup looks awesome.

Thank you! So glad to have you joining the party :yay:

So a little update, I called Disney to upgrade to deluxe and when the CM told me $600 I choked!! I just could not do it. Too much $$$ and too much food so we are sticking to the regular dining plan and will pay OOP for a signature or two.

Following along! We will be bringing our 2 year old for his first WDW trip at the end of Oct. (he turns 2 Oct. 20th), and we will be staying at the Beach Club as well! Looking forward to your reviews.

Following along! We will be bringing our 2 year old for his first WDW trip at the end of Oct. (he turns 2 Oct. 20th), and we will be staying at the Beach Club as well! Looking forward to your reviews.

How exciting and Happy Early Birthday to your little man. He is going to love SAB for sure. So glad to have you join us :)

DH and I switched from DxDP to DDP too for our upcoming trip. We had a big fancy dinner last weekend, and I couldn't imagine eating like that for 7 days! I still want to be able to walk around with my pants buttoned :)

Following along to live vicariously through your trip and food!

So glad to have your here! I cannot believe the trip I have been planning for 9 months is here!! It's like waiting for a baby to arrive almost haha!!

DH and I switched from DxDP to DDP too for our upcoming trip. We had a big fancy dinner last weekend, and I couldn't imagine eating like that for 7 days! I still want to be able to walk around with my pants buttoned :)

I hear ya! I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. To heck with the buttons on the pants, I would have needed all yoga pants :rotfl2:

Following along & looking forward to the reviews! Have a great trip!

Thanks for joining us!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter