Is a pre wedding trip worth it?

inloveindisney

DIS Veteran
I was considering a short trip down this summer to select a site, just wondering how many of you went to disney before your wedding and if you did, was it worth it? Could you have done the same without the trip? I also wanted to check out some of the shops for wedding merchandise. Thanks!!:bounce: :love1: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Hi there

I would have to say the visit is worthe it...........we went twice and bought our centerpieces, gifts fir the wedding party and just got different ideas.

You live so close so i would definitley do it........enjoy the experience.:earsboy: :earsgirl:

Hi there,

We live in the UK and are renewing our vows in December 2003 aboard the Disney Wonder. If I could, I would have definitely visited the sites before hand so go for it and have lots of fun planning!!

Congratulations!!

Rosemary

Having been to WDW quite a few times I found that I didn't need to go to see the sites to make my decision on wedding and reception venues as I was pretty sure where I wanted the events for sentimental reasons.

But I'm wondering if you will only be able to make one trip between now and the wedding? If so I would say that you may want to think about saving that trip for the planning meeting rather than site visit.

We definitely thought the site visit was worth it (if you are able to take a short trip - DO IT!) I would however have in mind your ceremony and reception sites and use your time as one of the previous posters mentioned as a planning visit. This will allow you to see both venues and then sit down and pick out your flowers, cake, food, centerpieces etc. You also sit down one on one with the florist and the entertainment coordinator to go over prices and options.
In addition you can do a food and cake tasting -- I'm not sure if you've signed your contract yet, but soon after they will send you multiple pages of menu options based on the venue you choose for your reception (i.e. Epcot, Grand Floridian etc.) You will be able to tell your EM before your visit which menu choices you are interested in and they will take you to the kitchen that will be preparing your meal so that you can sample everything -- you also get to talk with the chef and make any alterations you want. In addition, you will also tell your EM which cake flavors you'd like and they will have the Grand Floridian bakery make a sample of each type for you to try!
Our site visit was in January for our June wedding. I would recommend that you call your EM in advance to make sure that the days you have in mind are free -- if your EM has a wedding on the day you want to visit, they will not be able to meet with you, as the planning session takes the entire day. At our planning session we were able to make all of our major decisions and we just sat back until the budget arrived a couple weeks before the wedding. The planning session also gives you a good idea of how an EM's day runs (so you won't scream at them when they don't call back immediately, or have their assitant call back to answer a basic question). Good luck!

Marne
06-16-03
WP/LS

Sounds like you are doing a custom wedding. Will they do all of this for an intimate wedding. I know that I can choose from flowers, but I am not positive of what else. Everyone has also mentioned that I should have my site booked by then. I was thinking that we could go there to make sure of which site we wanted. Is that crazy? :wave2: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Hi! A planning trip for an intimate wedding is not crazy at all - we did it :) We flew down in April, to plan for our August wedding. At that point, our coordinator was a dud (he later left or was asked to leave FTW), and he hadn't helped us at all in choosing our reception location. We met with him, and with someone from Private Dining. Basically, they walked us around the GF, showed us different locations, and discussed the costs of each. We ended up going with V&A's private room, which we didn't think we wanted before seeing it, and with a fireworks cruise on the Grand One yacht. Definitely worth it, if you're looking for a reception site. I would line up appointments with the coordinator and anyone else you might want to see beforehand, though.
Cheers!
Heather W

If you aren't sure where you want to do things a site visit is well worth the time and money. The can show you places that you would not have otherwise been able to see. We never would have known how beautiful the Livings Seas VIP room was without our site visit. It helped DH go from "maybe" to "this is what I want" for our plans. Yes it can be done without a site visit, but it sure is nice if you can swing it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter